main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - December 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by boomx2sjk, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Extremely curious and excited to see what comes out of this. Gonna be very interesting to see all of these different takes on the Star Wars mythos outside of the main narrative.

2. DiMiT

DiMiT Jedi Master star 3

Mar 26, 2001

3. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Very very excited for a Rogue squadron film. I'm personally hoping that it is outside of the OT era since that is quickly becoming very very full in the new continuity, but I won't complain either way. Now let's see that concept art! ;)

If they're announcing now, pre-celebration, maybe they'll have a few tiny early details to share in Anaheim.

4. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Top gun in space?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Not judging the movie itself, but I am dissapointed. The premise of a movie about X-Wing pilots just sounds like its motivated by nostalgia and pandering to the Prequel haters to me. I may not see it, I don't know yet.

I'd much rather have a KOTOR era movie or a Seven-Samurai-esque Jedi movie.

6. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    This is what I was hoping for from a spin-off. No young Han Solo, no solo Qui-Gon or Mace Windy adventure - a new character who isn't a Jedi or close to one of the main characters. I want to see the GFFA expanded through the eyes of a "normie" so to speak, though not an ordinary citizen clearly.

I was hoping for a movie about a Rebel actually.

7. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I'm more curious about when it will be set hopefully after EP6 cause we have had enough prequel stuff.....

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  8. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Would be nice if they could manage to sneak in a subtle reference to Rogue Squadron's theme in the OST, that many will recognize.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Gary Whitta @garywhitta 5h5 hours ago
    Reaction to the #RogueOne title has been… really good so far? Is this still the internet? :)

On the Title
    Gary Whitta @garywhitta 4h4 hours ago
    @JordanMaison yup, I came up with it :)

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm 4h4 hours ago
    Interested to see how many announcements Disney will give Star Wars fans at @SW_Celebration in April vs what they gave their investors today
    Peter Sciretta @slashfilm 4h4 hours ago
    …because those investors are certainly buzzing about that Rogue One concept art. So much so I can’t find one mention :)

DaddlerTheDalek and TheBBP like this.
  10. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
  11. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Wasn't there a rumored spinoff about the stealing of the Death Star destruction plans? Is Rogue One the team that steals the plans?

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I caught the news someplace else and already mentioned this over there, but just by putting the name "Rogue" in the title, I'm interested.

But why would they announce just one actress? That seems odd.

Who's playing the male lead? What other actors and actresses are in the ensemble? Enquiring minds want to know.

Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  13. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

[face_shame_on_you][face_beatup]

14. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    The only announced one actress because the Hollywood Trades broke her name a few weeks ago. Disney was just officially confirming it.

15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Rogue Squadron Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_dancing]

16. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    Well she is the lead, and they still seem to be casting the other roles. I am hoping the Edgar Ramirez rumor pans out. He would be great pilot.

17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    To clarify, I just feel like ignoring half of George's film series for whatever reason is a bit of an insult to him.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Wow, I thought the trades were supposed to be reliable, but even just scanning the content, I see they've attributed the X-wing pilots from ANH as "Rogue" squadron (even calling Luke "Rogue Five").

I mean, does anyone remember it being "This is Rogue Five, I'm going in!"? :oops:

Oh, and even in celebrating something cool, they're so eager to take a little pot-shot at the franchise (saying that the film is likely " giving us — finally! — female pilots in the Star Wars universe") that I guess they conveniently neglected to recall the female pilots in the featured, mainstream projects like the PT, TCW and Rebels (to say nothing of the multitude of non-canon female pilots hardcore fans have enjoyed for decades, now).

Ugh. Sloppy 'journalism' such as this really, really gets my goat.

Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  19. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    But how is it pandering to PT haters? I love the PT nearly as much as I do the OT and I love the idea of a SW film following the exploits of the best X-Wing squadron in the Rebel Alliance. Your post, even if it's not what you intended, implies that only PT haters will like this film.

20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    That wasn't my intent. PT lovers, myself included, could very well love this film. But the fact remains that almost anything PT-related has been shelved/cancelled since Disney took over, and to me that just seems like it's pandering to a certain segment of the fan base.

Baron_Papanerd and Zinnzade like this.
  21. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    well if this is going to be about Rogue Squadron, then maybe just for the hell of it i should read some of the Legends Stuff regarding this unit.

22. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    It just seems like common sense to me. They are making the sequel trilogy, which follows the OT in terms of the timeline. We have Rebels. We know the Big 3 are coming back and that a lot of the classic OT imagery, like the X-Wings, Stormtroopers, etc. are returning. Of course they are pushing this era.

23. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I hope "edginess" is not a significant element of the new Star Wars films. Edgy is the one thing Star Wars is NOT, IMO.

Sarge likes this.
  24. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    A HUGE segment of the fan base, I would say.

vinsanity likes this.
  25. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Not what I wanted....not a fan of Disney movies anyway, so may never get the type of SW movie I'd like

Not interested in this
    first Rebels (kiddy galore) I know its Disney xd =(
    SW 7 trailer didn't look good to me plus I am not interested in after ROTJ
    now this ..mesa don't likes X-wings