main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Ron Howard to Finish Han Solo film

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jun 22, 2017.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    From Star Wars Explained Twitter. These images make me very happy:

[​IMG]

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Krueger

I think George deep down still wished Ron directed TPM. He really sees himself as a mentor to Ron and Star Wars is his baby therefore there isn't a person alive that George would rather trust Star Wars with then Ron Howard outside of Steven Spielberg.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Those pictures of Howard and Lucas together give me life.

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
  5. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    It actually does give me hope! It’s nice to see Lucas on set, seemingly enjoying himself with an old friend, and even lending some advice for a scene.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  6. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  7. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    like it. love it. gotta have it

GregMcP likes this.
  8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    LOL @ TV spot 13. 'No you can't wipe them off, they're holograms'.

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If you want even more joy, watch the video where these images came from (at around 6:04):

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  10. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    From being a much-maligned movie with tons of problems including the firing of original directors Lord & Miller, Alden requiring an acting coach, and fans complaining about this being an "unnecessary" film, the upcoming "Solo: A Star Wars Story" is finally set to see the light of day in 2-3 weeks... We have to thank Ron for doing a remarkable job of turning the problem-plagued production around, so much so that George looks to be enjoying himself on the set and even threw a joke scene that Ron included into the movie! ^:)^

And speaking of Solo, when will the merchandise start making their way to toy stores' shelves? Here in Malaysia and Singapore, I have only seen the Lego stuff in places like Toys R Us and the smaller outlets in town, but nothing else as of now... :(

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Just for the record, there has never been any confirmation of “Alden needing an acting coach.” The most concrete information we have is that L&M brought a consultant to the set (someone they had worked with on the Lego movie) to act as a resource for the “entire cast.” Presumably regarding the comedic elements they were going for, though that’s not clear. I fear Alden’s reputation was been tarnished by what amounts to nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor spread by fans who didn’t like his casting to begin with. Let’s try not to repeat it anymore.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  12. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    It got commented on in the piece Esquire did on him a few weeks back.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup, thanks for digging that up. It's the article I was thinking about. And so far, that's the only reliable account we have. But that doesn't stop hundreds of YouTubers from stating as fact that Alden needed an acting coach...

No wonder all these boneheads are getting elected to positions of power these days...

14. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Lol, exactly what we Malaysians are thinking about some of our politicians, with the General Election coming up in two days... :p

And after the brickbats that Solo received, it seems like time flew so fast and the movie is going to be released very soon... I'm hoping to grab some advanced-purchase tickets (if they get released in the next week or so, hopefully) and go for an early screening when the time comes! =D=

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And I can't wait to ban those complainers.:)

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Jedi Daniel and thejeditraitor like this.
  17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i loved willow and hadn't watched it for years. recently re-watched and damn that's a hell of a movie. the action scenes are top notch.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd like to take a moment to thank Ron Howard for making a movie I love, under less than ideal circumstances, and for being a class act about it's less than ideal OW.

Bor Mullet, AndyLGR, spicer and 5 others like this.
  19. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    He's even retweeted some people that didn't like the film, thanking them for their feedback regardless. He's handled all of this with poise and class.

Bor Mullet, AV-6R7, EHT and 1 other person like this.
  20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Well said. I agree.

Ron Howard practically deserves a Nobel Prize, for coming in late in the game and making a great entertaining movie, period (let alone, a solid Star Wars movie). With as little time as he had to work with to stay on schedule, considering the ReShoot, the film shouldn't have worked at all. We should be thankful. ^:)^

BigAl6ft6 and Krueger like this.
  21. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    Ron Howard knows how to play the game and conduct himself... he's truly a class act.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  22. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I must say, I think that given the circumstances, Ron Howard should be commended for his work on this film. There was very little evidence in the film itself of the behind the scenes shake up.

23. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I thought Ron Howard did a great job. I endorse him for another SW film.

24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Love Ron Howard as a person and a class act 100%.

I'm not surprised at all at his graceful tone and wise responses on Twitter. I wish some other directors in the SW fold would learn a thing or two from Howard.

I do wonder if a Willow sequel/spin off was part of his deal with LFL to come in and save Solo.

"I'll do Solo if we can get a Willow film in development." Could have been!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  25. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    We need a Solo II and III. WE need The Paradise Snare, the hutt gambit, Rebel Dawn, At Star's End, I want more of Han!

whostheBossk likes this.