main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    really great posters and a highly entertaining trailer.

do we have any idea of what the villains name in the movie is? he looks red!

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So how many of these characters are going to turn on Han? All of them but Chewie and Lando?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Those posters are great! I love them! I might even consider picking one up if I like the movie!

4. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Well, the teaser, the longer trailer, the posters. Absolutely fantastic. At this stage, I'm confident, excited and downright chuffed to bits - this movie, so far has all the look and feel of being even better than Rogue One - and that for me is and EXTREMELY hard thing to do, since RO is stunning.

All those being negative - I don't get it, what more do you want? As for Alden and the Solo voice - look at the hopeless attempt by Ewan McGregor to try and copy/recreate Alec Guinness voice - terrible in my opinion. Alden needs to, and looks like doing so, bring his own take on the character......you can not replicate Ford, no way and he is not trying to do that.

Love it. Love the look of the bad guy, Lando, Qi'ra, Harelson's character the vehicles (yes, even the redesigned Falcon), the music - everything!

kalzeth likes this.
  5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Also people's voices tend to change somewhat as they age.

wobbits likes this.
  6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Maybe Han's dice haven't dropped yet....

7. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    You see the dice in the speeder Han is flying. And did you also notice the graphic on the speeder dashboard - a replica of the X-Wing targeting display when flying down the Death Star trench!

kalzeth likes this.
  8. BucMan-55

BucMan-55 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    I really like the differing planetary backgrounds for each character in the posters. Going to assume Chewie is in front of Kessel. Also, Han's blaster doesn't yet have the scope? Interesting because in the latest SW:TOR cartel pack they have essentially a DL-44 without scope in it.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    At least in the scene where Han is looking at the game table, his blaster has the scope.

10. BucMan-55

BucMan-55 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    Perhaps it is the angle. The scope wasn't directly on top and we are looking at the barrel right in line with where the scope could be.

11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    "I've been running scams on the street since I was ten"
    [​IMG]

12. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    oh so from the teaser and tv spot and looking at the characters clothes can we sort of guess the "timeline" of what we see and the locations?
    my guess:
    -Scenes on Corellia at the beginning of the movie, teenage Solo goes american grafitti. He already knows Qi'Ra.
    -Joins the imperial academy on Corellia...then get kicked out beceause of his behaviour
    -at some point set up something with Beckett on that "western world by the sea" sand planet (maybe 2 or 3 years have passed or more, since we're supposed to see Han from 18 to 24). It seems that's where the bad guy is, this tribal-looking armored guy. But it seems Chewie is already with him so when did he befriend him?
    -no trace of Mimban, the muddy/foggy/jungle planet but we know from the lego toy that it's in the movie and Han and Beckett are dressed as imperials, maybe that's part of the "heist" or something?
    -the "club" scene.....from that point every time we see Qi-Ra she looks more "aristocratic" or upper-class. Maybe Han and her went their separate ways and meet again at this...what is it? a club? on another planet we haven't heard of yet?
    -Final seems to be Kessel, which seems to be the snowy mountain planet (with spice mines underneath i gess). We can see Beckett fight the tribal armored guy again (so it definitely looks like it's the villain, or at least a main antagonist)
    -Kessel run before or after this? maybe it's actually the climax? Or it happens before they arrive on Kessel?

By the way some people and media think the bad guy is "moloch" from the lego toys, but he and the tribal armored man are not the same.

What you guys do you think? did i miss something?

EDIT: actually it makes more sense IMO if the movie starts with Han joining the imperial academy....and the we have punk street Han after he got kicked out of it.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think this will be something they borrow from the EU. I think he'll rescue Chewie from some terrible fate at the hands of the Empire, and then he'll run from the Empire with Chewie at his side. That's where Chewie's life debt to Han will come from.

14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    So the main plot seems to be the train heist? Guess we're finally getting that heist movie we were promised. Also, I wonder how similar it is to the train heist episode of TCW (one of my faves). Wish Boba and the other bounty hunters were here too though.

kalzeth likes this.
  15. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Getting crushed by a falling planet? :p

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My money would be on Kessel being the main heist of the film with the train job closer to the beginning. The train is what brings this crew together then they take on an even bigger score on Kessel, get caught up in some Imperial shenanigans and make the Kessel Run in twelve parsecs (which I bet is the climatic action scene.)

17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The train has freaky head Kessel Guardian fighting on the roof, doesn't it?

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ... "at the hands of the Empire." :p

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The guy fighting on the train is the same one Han is facing off against on the desert planet. The box art gives us a good look at the Kessel guard's mask and it's very different from Train Guy. Two different characters.

20. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm expecting when Han knocks a guy off the train his response to the passengers will be "No ticket." Also pretty sure this is where the Bucky Barnes landed so he's probably down there somewhere before becoming the Winter Soldier.

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Okay. Good to know we have a multitude of freaky armory wearing guys in this movie

22. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Honestly if these armour guys are like a gang who are the main antagonists acting for someone else I wouldn't mind that. Honestly am hoping the Imperial threat isn't the main one and they are sort of secondary antagonists.

There's rumours of a Jabba cameo to probably set him and Han up for the future but I wouldn't mind if they had cameos from other organisations like the Black Sun and the Pykes (I know we shouldn't be discussing leaked Lego minifigs but one looked like it had a Pyke shaped head to me so I wouldn't rule them out even as a background thing)

I'm interested in seeing how their primitive technology that's still strong will stack up against the modern tech of Han and his allies. They look like natives of some kind with the Mad Max comparison not being a bad one because I can see it.

Hopeless likes this.
  23. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Sounds plausible. I'm guessing Beckett is killed during the train heist then, and the rest of the crew have to complete the Kessel heist by themselves.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Could be but we do see him in the cockpit of the Falcon when they are flying through the storm thing and I imagine that's probably part of the Kessel Run. Maybe there is a double cross after they think they successfully pulled off the heist. Maybe Qi'ra betrays them and kills Beckett or Beckett betrays them and dies later. Who knows... [face_dunno]

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  25. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Oh damn, just realized I'm not going to be home on release day. Have to wait a couple of days with this one.