main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    EWW TMI! [face_rofl]

Luke02 likes this.
  2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Leoluca Randisi

My wife and I have not done that since well...before our kids were born LOL! I guess we done it where we taken the boys to a early bird showing on Saturday and then grabbed lunch but usually it's for us a quick bite near the Cinemark we got to (which is usually something fast since we don't have a lot of time) and go see the movie. Ditto with my cousins when we have done the past three SW movies. Grab dinner and then go to the movie. Our theater is located in a very nice outdoor mall so there is quite a few choices and now they are even adding more so if we ever get out again without the kiddies, will have more choices!

@wobbits

I might not look it (at least that is what people tell me) but I feel every part of 40. Whoever said 40 is the new 30 is full of it to say nothing of 40 being the new 20. Total garbage LOL!

3. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I feel your pain, trust me. I have a 20 year old daughter and get told every time someone finds that out that I don't look old enough to have a kid that age. But I am definitely feeling much older than my 44 years. :_|

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    kalzeth and Luke02 like this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Well What I do If I go to a 12PM or 1PM or around those times is go to the movie and then early dinner, or a 3 or 4PM Show and then Dinner after. its just more logical to do it this way then you don't have to rush Dinner or lunch, My family is Italian we take time eating our meals its an event.
    @wobbits
    Its funny you mention that about your Age I am 36 I will be 37 on June 5th, I feel way younger then I am most of the time I am a big kid at heart! The only time I feel older is when my 10 year old nephew wants me to run around the yard with me.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    wobbits and Luke02 like this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  6. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Getting pretty close now. Wonder why we haven't gotten Trailer 2 yet.

7. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I am trying to be patient but I want MOREEE :D

8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Same, really looking forward to this one.

9. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I imagine that they are waiting until TLJ hits Blu Ray/DVD next week, give it a good week or two of sales and then go all out on Solo. At least that's my assumption.

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yep. Historically, there have been trailers for both R1 and TLJ soon after the home video releases of TFA and R1, respectively. So we could theoretically be getting another trailer by next week.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  11. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I wasn't trying to channel Anakin but now that you posted him....:D

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I was just thinking the same-we are now basically 2 months out, and still we've only seen the one trailer, a couple posters and (limited) mag article spreads. IIRC, both TFA and R1 was all up in our faces by this time before release! (TLJ was secretive, but understandable there since they literally couldn't reveal much without spoiling something).

One thing's for sure: I think it's safe to say now that Solo will NOT be delayed!!

*COUGH* Mike Zeroh *COUGH*

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  13. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I think this is because of the busy spring movie slate. They’re gonna go late and hard with the marketing.

I wonder if we will get a behind the scenes reel. If we are it should be imminent.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  14. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Can't vouch for the accuracy, but saw on Tumblr someone who claimed to see the BTS reel at Con who said it had three scenes one of Woody Harrelson walking in on Han and Qi'ra about to kiss and saying "am I interrupting something?", one of Han asking Chewie his name, Chewie growling something and Han saying "I'm not going to call you that", and then one of Han saying "I love you" to Qi'ra. It wasn't from a trusted source or anything though, so it could be made up.

It matches what this guy says though:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    IlhamKamaruddin and DARTH_BELO like this.
  15. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Well Avengers just released their second trailer and it’s a month until it’s released. Solo waiting until next month wouldn’t be crazy and no, it doesn’t mean Disney has no faith in the movie... I’m sure early April or a week or two before Avengers is when we’ll get the full trailer. They’ll definitely want to attach a new trailer to Avengers for exposure.

Luke02 likes this.
  16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @StarWarsFreak93

Disney wants the entire pop culture world's eyes set on Marvel and rightfully so. Black Panther is shattering records while Infinity War is the culmination of the entire MCEU so far. A Solo trailer at this time would do nothing but take away from what Marvel is doing plus tbh it just be white noise with what Marvel is doing. Frankly I would not be suprised if we don't get a second Solo trailer until later in April close to when Infinity War opens.

Krueger and thejeditraitor like this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Most people that get into Marvel also love Star Wars I don't think Star Wars would steal Marvels Thunder.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  18. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, I don’t think a trailer would steal thunder from a movie. By that logic, Disney can’t advertise SW since Marvel is a hot topic? They are two different franchise with two different fanbases. Sure, there are fans of both, but they can appease both at the same time.

19. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Starwars.com interviewed Joonas Suotamo, and he said a few little things about his performance in Solo:

"StarWars.com: I know we can’t talk too much about Solo. But in many ways, it seems like this is more of a starring role for Chewbacca. So what was the experience like for you?

Joonas Suotamo: It was wonderful. Lots of shooting days, lots of hours. Sometimes a little bit of frustration for all the sweat [Laughs] and lack of bathroom breaks. But after everything, it was worth it. It was so much fun doing all of this and going on this adventure with this multi-talented cast.

StarWars.com: Is there any way that you altered your performance to show Chewbacca at this different point in his life?

Joonas Suotamo: Yeah. I think I can say we did some stunt training — two months of stunt training before we ever started filming. It was worth it. It really helped get some of Chewie’s more physical actions to click. I really needed that. At first I thought I didn’t need it, but after two months of stunt training… [Laughs] Yeah, I definitely needed this one. It gave me, again, more confidence to portray him in some scenes that are more action-packed."

It seems that I may get my wish of seeing Chewie using his Wookiee Strength granted!

Whole interview: http://www.starwars.com/news/meet-the-wookiee

wobbits and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    BIB - A bit puzzling if true. Han can't speak Wookiee AFAWK and Chewbacca's name was spoken by Yoda in ROTS.

21. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001

Sounds like he's just picking his nickname (Chewie). It's possible by living on the streets he picked up Wookiee as a kid, just like how Rey picked it up.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    wobbits likes this.
  22. Corellian Blue

Corellian Blue Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2017
    Eight hours ago, Ron Howard announced on his Instagram that he commenced "first day of press for 'solo'".

wobbits and GregMcP like this.
  23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's also spoken by Ben in ANH:

"Chewbacca here is first mate on a ship that might suit us."

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Wondered whether that was the case but was at work and Social Media posts are censored so couldn't read them. Trying to figure out where else Han could learn Chewie's language.... maybe when he's on Mimban?

Seems like it's only Jedi and Droids that address him with his full name.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018