main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree that his backstory is something that I would be interested in, without a doubt. But like I said, I just wish it could be covered in another format - such as an animated film, books, comics, etc - if only to maintain the original actors as the face of these characters.

As for Ingruber, I've heard about this guy quite a bit, but never really took the time to check him out. The idea of someone posting impersonations of Ford on youtube never appealed to me (and never really took him seriously for that fact), but seeing that he recently landed a role as a younger Ford in a major motion picture, I might have been wrong with my assessment. The guy certainly seems like he wants the role, but is he trying too hard? I don't know...I'm just really conflicted over the whole thing.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  2. MyDarkstar

MyDarkstar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 8, 2014

Boba Fett still beats him with that title.

Lee_ likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Aaron Paul is probably not playing Han Solo because quite frankly he looks nothing like him, Paul looks more like one of the Backstreet Boys, or In Sync....

4. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Maybe thats's it! Han's backstory is that he used to be in a galactic boy band but then he went Sol.....
    Oh never mind.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Am I the only one whos against a HS spin off??
    O,o

6. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

No one ever said Paul was playing Han Solo. In fact, MSW was very clear that there was no indication that he was.

newdawn12 likes this.
  7. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  8. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I am really starting to hate the ideas of these SW spinoffs the more I hear anything about them. They should just really concentrate on the new trilogy films by themselves at this point. Worry about any spinoffs after those are completed. I have read a lot of different posts of ideas of what these spinoffs can possibly be about. I have yet to hear anything that has any value to them. A Han Solo spinoff. What would this be exactly? A 2 hour film of him smuggling? Winning the MF in a bet? Come on, this is not the type of material that people that make films should be worrying about.

Then a Boba Fett spinoff? This has to be the worst idea of them all. There is no way to spin this character into anything of interest in a major film. A 2 hour bounty hunting romp? What he is going to track down some rogue senator that split from the republic or something? This films are doomed fro the get go. These will flop for sure, no question.

9. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It could be interesting. It's the obviousness of it all that is the problem.

Andy Wylde and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If there really does end up being a Han Solo movie I hope it has a more imaginative title than "Han Solo"

Imagine sitting in the theatre and seeing this

Star Wars

Han Solo

Trebor Sabreon and FRAGWAGON like this.
  11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The Sun? o_O

That report's credibility just went out the window!

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's a rumor (reliable or nor) ,but if it was true would you want Taron as Han???

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    To be honest, I wouldn't want anyone but Harrison Ford as Han. :p

But to answer the question, I'm not familiar with Taron or what he has been in prior, but judging by the image that was posted along with the article, I can sorta see a young Ford? I don't know, I think he may have too much of a baby-face look to him to really fit the part. He wouldn't be my first choice.

15. ThinWhiteDuke

ThinWhiteDuke Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2005
    Only 3 persons can play Solo imho.
    In random order:

Harrison Ford (logical)
    River Phoenix (unfortunately, he's no longer with us)
    Which leaves us only one option: Anthony Ingruber.

Casting anyone else is a big joke.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The Sun. lol

17. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Eww. Wouldn't touch the S*n with a barge pole. Or believe anything in it.

18. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    If the rumor is true I can't wait to see a spinoff about Han Solo, it will be much better than the planned Rogue One about the rebels!

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/13/star-wars-diego-luna-rogue-one

Krueger likes this.
  20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ That actually sounds quite plausible.

starocean90 likes this.
  21. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
  22. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Is this sarcasm or have you somehow, in an Anthology forum, not even heard about Rogue One?

Honestly, when I heard the stand-alone was about X-wing pilots stealing the Death Star plans rather than a Han Solo origin story, I felt like it was a dodged bullet.

If it's the third stand-alone film, I'll be pretty disappointed. What would the plot even be about? How do you make a movie centred around Solo?

Krueger likes this.
  23. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Also, maybe it's not about a young Han Solo, and the reason they delayed it is because they want Harrison Ford to play Solo, but if he dies in TFA, people could get confused.

I would support grandpa Han in a movie like Unforgiven, where he comes out of retirement for a bounty or something. Would be pretty cool if done right.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm pretty sure that I'd want that long before a Han Solo origin story (although I almost think this is close to Solo's actual role in TFA).

I mean, I'd support a young Han film and all (I may even wind up loving it), but what can I say? On the surface, I like the sound of your idea a lot more.