main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Perfect review. You win the thread.

EHT and TCF-1138 like this.
  3. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    Haha -- thanks! :falcon: :han::chewie::lando:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Steven Soderbergh strongly hinted on the Bill Simmons podcast that he almost took over filming of Solo at a certain point. That would’ve been interesting.

BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Seriously? My God, he would’ve been a perfect choice. Especially for injecting some fun and complexity into the heist bits, which were admittedly a little half-baked. Though I’m very happy with what Howard gave us, I can’t help but wish Soderbergh had taken the reins. Did he give any other details?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, I would love to see Steven Soderberg do a Star War, his career is all over the place so it could fit. He has one space movie, Sloaris, and that's it!

7. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Kind of forgot all about those early leaks but this must have been back before Ron Howard came aboard? The big platform elevator was replaced and Qi'ra has a completely different dress. Interesting to see after the movie.
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It's funny, because I was actually thinking about this the other day. It's a shame we never got to see the big elevator in action, but I'm guessing it was too complicated, time-consuming, and expensive to rebuild for the reshoots.

9. jfet

jfet Jedi Knight

Jan 29, 2019
    Did they really have to build new sets for the reshoots ? I mean, the shooting was not finished when Howard came, did they have already destroyed some sets ?

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    They do tend to destroy sets pretty quickly, yes. In many cases, once the scenes shot on that particular set are done, it gets torn down. Unless they know it will be needed again, of course ;)

I guess it has a lot to do with space and time. You don't have an endless amount of space in a studio, so you might need to remove something to make place for something else. And of course you are limited by the time you have rented the place for. Another production is likely to come in soon after you are done at that studio, which means that if all sets remained until the very end, you would need to tear down everything very quickly and at the same time. It's a whole lot easier to just get rid of stuff right after you don't need it anymore.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    In nomine patris et filii et Raddus sancti

Bor Mullet and PCCViking like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    For my ally is Raddus, and a powerful ally he is.

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Whoops, wrong thread. Pardon me, I'm terribly sorry, don't shoot!

14. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Don't worry. If Raddus had been in Solo, Crimson Dawn would have left Han and company alone. In other words, there would have been no movie. :D

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Han Solo: (to Beckett) We run. I’m already a deserter. What’s the difference?

Raddus: I say we fight!

Iris out.

Sarge and PCCViking like this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Just as Han let go of the train, Raddus reached out with one strong arm and grabbed hold of the entire thing.

17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I tried to watch this film again yesterday (only my third viewing) and there are some damn fine moments but it just doesn't do much for me. The new Han I just cannot reconcile with the original (that ones on me I guess) and the storyline just falls flat mainly in the Kessel run section. There are some brilliant moments and great locations. I love the character of Dryden Vos and his weapons are fantastic (what a great design!) but most of the film I find myself disinterested. [face_dunno] Oh well...

It was always going to be a tall order. Admittedly Han was one of those characters I didn't want to see touched. Sebastian Stan bearded up as Luke on the other hand :D yeah yeah I know "hypocrite"

18. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    John Powell has been recognised for his work on the SOLO: A Star Wars Story soundtrack with Film Score of the Year by ASCAP.

19. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    This is awesome news! Huge congratulations to Powell. I love this soundtrack, still humming the tunes and putting the cd on repeat a year later.

20. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Really nice seeing Powell get some love. Talented dude, was really digging his Solo effort.

21. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Just watched this again (third viewing) and was grinning like a doofy looking alien all the way through. I can’t believe how well they captured the whole 80’s comics/90’s novels feel. It’s such a scrappy space romp, and really hums along. I love all the characters, old and new.

22. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    #MakeSolo2Happen trending today thanks to the good folks at SWNN!

I don't need a theatrical sequel, but I'd absolutely love a Disney+ series or even a mid-budget Disney+ movie.

23. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I think the smartest play would be a Disney + series

Jedi Daniel and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Yeah chances of another movie are fairly slim. but a Disney+ series could certainly happen. if Disney hear enough interest for it, that certainly would help.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016

You would almost think they had an idea in mind for what the story would be.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    wobbits and Pro Scoundrel like this.