main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Vader in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Charon Lefleur, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Charon Lefleur

Charon Lefleur Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2015
  2. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I bet JEJ has recorded a bunch of lines already since he's been doing them for Rebels.

Now, they will need to cast a young David Prowse type. Someone with a similar build to Prowse when he was cast. Same height and body mass, etc.

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I remember Lucas stating that any further tv programs wouldn't have any of the central characters such as Vader and Palpatine in them, they could be heard of but not seen. Since the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney we've seen them appear in Rebels so its entirely possible that Vader, Palpatine and even Leia appear in an Anthology film. I think the big question would be in how and what his role in the overall film will be?

Charon Lefleur likes this.
  4. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Nothing is confirmed until LFL confirm it. However, this seems like a given.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Correct, this is not confirmed. Even the linked article above points that out.

JediMatteus and Hoggsquattle like this.
  6. Charon Lefleur

Jun 17, 2015
    Sorry, I used to follow BadAss Digest and it was always so reliable that I just started taking their news for granted. You're right, not confirmed, but I'd be surprised not to at least see a cameo at this point.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It would be unthinkable that Vader wouldn't even get a mention in the film?

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Please note: Even though his appearance has not actually been confirmed (yet, anyway), this is the thread where discussions about Vader in Rogue One should take place.

Darkslayer and Charon Lefleur like this.
  9. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    So does the movie start out with Vader checking his pants pockets and patting down his suit saying "Where are those plans? I just had them right here?!"

10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I could Vader and maybe even Palpatine showing up.

11. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    So, do you folks think that Vader will only show up after the theft, to chase the Rebels?

If this is so, then I think the escape from the Imperial base, with the plans, could be the main part of the movie - that way, Vader is the primary villain and not the one responsible for losing the plans.

Also, "there will be no one to stop us this time" refer to the Rebel Alliance in general over the last few years, or this particular Rebel squad, who have been evading him and preventing his success.[face_thinking]

Or will the escape from the Imperial base be only the last 10 or 20 minutes, with Vader only showing up then (unlikely I think).

Or will the escape from the Imperial base be only the last 10 or 20 minutes, with Vader, who has been a menacing presence throughout the film, finally leaping into action and going all "Siege of Lothal" on our heroes. [face_thinking]

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You know how they say that in Edwards' Godzilla the titular monster only appears in the last third of the movie or so? That's what Vader will be in this movie, he will be the Godzilla. There will be a lot of buildup until he finally appears.

13. Charon Lefleur

Jun 17, 2015
    I agree, I think he will have 15 minutes of screentime max.

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    He only had 12 minutes of screen time in ANH. :p

15. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I want to see him do an Anti-Yoda.
    This is a younger, fully vicious, no doubts Dark Side Vader. Fresh with the pain of his lady dying.

I want to see him dive into a fight, swinging his sabre, spinning, cape flowing in slo-mo, Force punching and building crunching. Kicking Rebel Scum butt.

Being a completely badass warrior.

16. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Vader seems like a given, but let's also have some calculating ROTJ-style Palpatine, rather than cackling cartoon villain ROTS Palpatine.

DL44Jo, JDN21, JediLight and 5 others like this.
  17. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    I hoping that Vader does show up, after the Rogue One group had already stolen the plans and he is the only one standing between them and freedom. [face_devil]

18. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I would love to see Vader in Rogue One, I would also love to see Alderaan and Bail Organa make some kind of cameo as well, to tie it altogether nicely ya know.

Just NO Jar Jar!!!

19. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    I'm sure Jar Jar will be absent. God.

I'd love to see an ultimate warrior Vader - it isn't really something we've seen yet, but it could be fantastic, if executed with an sense for when it is appropriate to show Vader and when it is appropriate to imply his presence.

I'd also love to see Bail and Alderaan; great ideas there.

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Have him fly a ship.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5210 mit Tapatalk

21. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I would go so far as to say that Anthology films with Vader appearing, set between Vaders fall and the OT are what I was looking forward to seeing in the PT too. So I do hope Disney use him in this and future films. Hes too good a character for Disney not to use in the SW films.

Rogue One is perfect for him to appear. In my mind I see the ending of the film seeing him on board the Star Destroyer bridge in pursuit of Leias ship.

22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I hope this happens. My question is how they portray him in combat. On Rebels there was no spinning around and jumping -- he was portrayed more as a blunt object, a tank. Which I liked.

I hope they remain consistent with that portrayal. I heard they discussed how it should look quite a bit.

23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    There's really no other way to portray him, but I think they should take some inspiration from Lords of the Sith, too. He's not some acrobatic person in it, but you get the feeling he's a beast and can't be stopped when engulfed in the Force.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Darth Malgus fought like I expect life action Vader to fight like. I doubt they will repeat the OT dueling style, lightsaber fights will be flashier and faster, but more realistic than the prequels.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Now I'm going to be dissapointed if it doesn't.