main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Vader in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Charon Lefleur, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    [face_thinking] A bold new way of seeing one of the franchise's most iconic characters. I shall keep this post in mind next time I watch the OT.:p

Indeed[face_dancing]

Blue 5, PymParticles and PCCViking like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I now find the whole "sucks at his job" thing that much more of a storytelling benefit after Rogue One. I've previously advocated how Vader's affect on the public clearly worked so much better for him back when he wasn't forced into public action by Admiral Raddus and other lesser Rebels. He was an "urban legend", even within his own organization. High ranking officials had to wonder whether all of the tales of his sorcery and brutality were accurate or hyperbole, as they were on their way to being summoned to his haunted house on Mustafar. Vader is ridiculously awesome but, once the attack on Scarif dragged him out into actual view, I now take it as canon that he sort of went through a similar humanization as Oz once he got dragged out from behind his dazzling light and smoke show.

3. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

Which is why Vader chokes out Motti. ;)

4. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    thats what i live about him in the star wars universe at the empire time he was bascially the boggyman kind like Micheal Myers in the star wars universe before Luke came no one knew what he was thinking all they saw was a murder who like to kill. Some of the empire didn't belive in his exstanice, only rumors and legends

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    This being Star Wars, the heroes have giant character shields and a whole ton of luck, the story (like any other space adventure) is basically biased towards the good guys. Does that mean that villains like Tarkin or Vader are incompetent? I don't think so, they don't act stupid, in fact they often act a lot smarter than the heroes. The reason they lose is because they're villains.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It doesn't look like anyone posted about this (was just brought up an an article yesterday); but Vader was originally supposed to be on Scariff where he slaughtered his way through a Rebel blockade single-handedly. Thankfully that scene was never written and was replaced by the hallway scene. It wouldn't make any sense for him to be on Scariff if they were going to light it up with the Death Star in a short while.

https://screenrant.com/rogue-one-darth-vader-scene-scarif/

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I can't be bothered to read 129 pages of the topic to see if it has been posted before, but this is GOLDEN:

[​IMG]

If anyone wants the unfiltered uncensored version shoot me a PM and I will send it to you xDDDDD
    I had to filter out the profanity.

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The original ending didn’t have the Death Star nuking Scarif, so it would’ve worked.

Django Fett likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If that was the case the movie wouldn't have been nearly as effective as it was. The poignant image of Jyn and Cassian made the movie.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I meant that the scene would’ve worked in the context of the original narrative. Meaning, if they weren’t planning on nuking Scarif, Vader landing on Scarif would’ve made logical sense. Wasn’t talking about whether or not that would’ve been a better movie...

Also, though that was a great scene between Cassian and Jyn at the end (instantly classic), it didn’t “make the movie” by itself. There was so much about the movie that made it great (almost perfect, in my view). They could’ve died together in another poignant way

But yeah, I’m still glad they went this route. It was beautiful.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Exactly! Its just a movie full of amazing scenes. That scene also show us how subtle and delicate can Tarkin really be. "Oh Krennic is down there, in Scariff? Let's use the planet killer he designed to blow the entire base. Aim for his eye" [face_laugh]

12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    That is funny. I remember her telling that to Lux. But now it makes more sense. Lol. Of course, I would have said something similar to Lux in that episode. He was not thinking rationally. That shows that there is a bit of Anakin still in Vader. It's just become twisted.

MotivateR5D4 and DarthFixxxer like this.
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Whilst Vader would've still been awesome in all his powerful best, there's something terrifyingly claustrophobic about the hallway scene.