main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Use Lando. Not as the center star but as a connection to the main saga. Hell, have him be the mayor of whatever city the show takes place in.

2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Really?? I haven't seen anything..
    Do you have any links to reference?

3. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Thread Merge. -Sabreon

What would be your dream live action Star Wars show?

I'd love to see a dark Rogue Squadron series, or an Old Republic series which would give the creators freedom as well as scope for a lengthy run.

Let's hear people's ideas.

4. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    I want a live action show about Luke's Jedi academy.

But is a live action show actually happening? Star Wars rebels is ending next year. Will they have a new cartoon show or a live action show? Or no show at all?

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    We already have a live action show- it's called the Star Wars Show! (may god have mercy on us all)

Seriously, though considering that the whole reason the original Live action series concept was delayed by Lucas due to costs I don't see Disney authorising one for a while unless it's done on the cheap. Set on a single planet that looks exactly like modern day Earth without access to galactic technology and is solely inhabited by humans.

"A small group of Storm troopers are attacking!"
    "We'll have to fight back using our exactly identical blasters, we won't take the speeder because it's out of fuel, R3 you stay here motionless like you always do."

MrDarth0, BigAl6ft6 and TetsuAero like this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    IF there's a live action show, I assume they'll stick with what GL was doing meaning it would be set between RotS and ANH. It's also very probable they'll do the same thing than what they did for Rebels in terms of cost, meaning not as much as if GL was producing it himself. Which is a shame since they have the means to do so.

7. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    A TV version of Star Wars Uprising set immediately after the events of ROTJ!

Just minimise the use of force users so it keeps the special effects costs making it less expensive but more focused on characters and the story so it's worth watching!

8. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Truthfully I'd rather have SW on TV be animated. You can do more in animation, and not worry about having some effects look cheap. I feel like a SW show on ABC would cater too much to their social media advertising craze, where they use those weird hashtags like TGIT, and make it too... I don't know. The animated series hit it perfectly for all ages entertainment, as SW should be.

9. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    That's probably why Lucas decided to wait with the series, as a proper looking star wars series would not look very good with cheap sfx. I do wonder what he had planned. I wonder if they ever got to the design phase of the first episodes.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    VFX is constantly getting easier to make more expansive, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. But if they wanted to do the galaxy hopping, they would have to keep the action centralized on a space-ship ala Star Trek. Or a planet bound location or something where the galaxy comes to them.

I restate: I think Luke's Jedi trainees / Ben's descent into darkness would make a great TV series. All you need is whatever the Jedi academy location is in TLJ and Mark Hamill.

11. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Judging by what i read in the wookieepedia article it seemed like the series was going to be planet hopping.

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Hopefully this comes to fruition. I think Star Wars is way past due for a live action series. I would imagine ABC would be the logical choice for a Live Series to air? However Netflix or Amazon would be cool as well.

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    They could always make it about an Order 66 survivor, in the early years of the Empire, that's pretending to be a smuggler/bounty hunter/something criminal.

This way, you have most of the dialogues happening in the same few rooms, i.e. the spaceship; you can have planet hoping, but in the Outer Rim, so mainly undeveloped primitive planets, so you can film it on real life locations with little bit of CGI added later; you can have Force and maybe even a lightsaber once or twice per season, but not too much, so lower FX costs, while at the same time keeping the Jedi hungry viewers happy; you can have the Empire present for nostalgia; and you can have the SW criminal elements present as well, so popular characters like Jabba, Boba, etc.

Its not very original, but it is feasible both money and technology wise. And it should be attractive enough for both fans and mainstream audience.

Kinda like Firefly, but in Star Wars universe.

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Firefly should never be spoken in same sentence as Star Wars. In fact, Firefly should never be spoken about at all.

15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  16. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

We can also just call it "the greatest sci-fi series ever made", but writing Firefly is so much faster.

17. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So any news on what they're planning to replace Star Wars Rebels once that series ends?

18. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Nope, nothing.

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

The rumour has been a post-RoTJ series, but nothing confirmed. Majority of the allege 'leaks' have been fake.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Strongbow likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    wait does this include shows

22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    If shows like Battlestar Galactics, Killjoys, Dark Matter, The Expanse, etc can make it work in live action, then I see no reason why SW cannot do so as well. People aren't going to go into it expecting it to have the production values of the films, they're more realistic than that. As long as it still looks decent, most people would be fine with it I think.

Also if the show gets Rae Sloane onscreen, then I'm all for it. ;)

DarthRosie likes this.
  23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Tell that to all the marvel fans who never gave Agents of Shield a chance ;)

24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    There were other reasons for that as well. Also even for a TV show, those effects weren't great early on.

25. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

You have way too optimistic view of your average TV series viewer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.