main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Live Action Series General Discussion Thread (tone, plot, cast, etc)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by HyeJinx1984, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I was meant to be at Comic Con this year :_|

what time will the announcement be online (GMT)?

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'd wait about two and a half hours for the thing to finish. Make it three hours to see anything important on the internet.

Or Watch it here live.

3. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    cool. thanks.

4. DarthNeumann

DarthNeumann Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2006
    Anyone else notice that Fett is the 1st picture you see on sw.com?

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    If you look at the posts above, yes, several people noticed.

6. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    hi,

can anyone tell me how many hours until the STAR WARS panel?

I can't work out the time difference.[face_blush]

7. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    A force unleashed trailer!? A force unleashed trailer was Lucasfilm's 'Highly guarded secret'!? I stayed up all night just to find out I have to repurchase a game I already own just to get the full product!? Words can not describe how angry I feel!:mad:

8. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Is the panel over? If so, oh well. I just need something Star Wars related to get me excited again. I love the Clone Wars and I love some of the games but nothing that makes me as passionate as the movies did. Liva action would do that, Star Tours II would do that byt no new on either. I'm used to it since 2005.

9. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    So am I. The problem I have is the promos promised news on brand new stuff, not updates for things we already own/know about. The fact is I don't judge a lousy re-packaging and a bit of clone wars concept art to be 'highly guarded secrets.' Like I said further up the board I wouldn't care as much if we heard a bit about Battlefront III! But it was all about force unleashed.:mad: Any star wars fan who owns a games console and does not own TFU, I'm coming for you!

10. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

Agreed. I guess we'll have stuff to see at Celebration V involving the LA Series...but at this rate who knows really?

11. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    How I spent my Friday evening.

Went to g4tv.com for live coverage which consisted of a twitter feed meets AOL chatroom. "Spectactular" ended up being a hour late so polls where provided consisting of which Leia outfit was the most sexiest and what is your favorite star wars trilogy. Two hours later, no live action series news at all.

I need a drink.

12. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Not having an update on the Live Action Show was really weak. They didn't even mention it as far as I can tell.

13. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Empreror's black bones! That was it, really? An expansion for TFU and some expected todbits about CW season two? Boy, they have dropped the ball. Badly. If they didn;t really have anything new, why did they tease us so. It's not like Lucasfilms needs more frustrated fans...

Way to go.

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    well I'm not as disappointed as you guys, but only because I didn't know about the panel or the "spectacular" until just a few minutes before. so I didn't have time to get excited.

I had planned earlier in the year on going to ComicCon, but it didn't work out. I'm sure tidbits and live script reading would have been nice if you were there.

but some guy typing a live blog?? who doesn't even know STAR WARS - did anybody notice this??

Stephen Johnson: Anakin and Obi Wan are discussing whether to/how-to go after Bane for the hostages he took.
    6:50
    Stephen Johnson: (Everyone keeps asking about Mandalore: here's a little more details. A slide of the planet was shown, but nothing was really said about it... the implication was that the new season of Clone Wars will involve that planet somehow, although no one said that or anything.)
    6:51
    Stephen Johnson: Judging from the table read: Anakin and Obi-wan will pursue Bane, while Luke deals with other Clone War business. So next season is set up.

15. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    I went to the Star Wars Spectacular panel and while is was awesome hearing about and deeing lots of footage from Clone Wars season 2, I am dissapointed that noting was mentioned of the live action series, which leads me to believe that it's further off than we had feared.

The Star Wars in Concert thing looks sweet, but once again, no LAS tidbits? NOTHING on a Star Wars Saga Blu-ray boxset? Not even THAT?

This sucks...

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I hate it when my pessimistic predictions turn out to be correct. [face_frustrated] :p

I'm a little shocked they didn't give us even a teaser poster or something...

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I watched the whole thing on the g4tv live event and it was all the same stuff. Yeah, the readings with CW cast were cool. The SW concert looks like it will be an interesting, if inconsequential, diversion.

But overall it was just okay.

18. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I was equally disappointed that we got nothing on Red Tails at the Lucasfilm area. The film's finished shooting. Bring the director and maybe a cast member or something.

19. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    I hope that LAS actually will be darker and grittier as they say, no more "it's not appropriate for the children" kinda attitude. They've got the Clone Wars for that kinda stuff. Now I'm not saying they should go Kill Bill on us (which I wouldn't mind either, tbh) but the "Dark Times" should definetly justify their name.
    Whether it's an underworld, crime-related story arc or Empire-taking-over-the-universe story arc it should not be shown in such a strict good guys vs. bad guys way. More of a gray zone, more realism so to say.

On another note, I hereby put forward a petition to have Tarantino direct a two-episode special of Boba Fett's rise to the rank of greatest bounty hunter ever.
    Now THAT would be wicked.

KamenSentaiMetalHero likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think when they say "darker and grittier" they're just talking about the DVD transfer.

21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I didn't know they had a section like that. Yeah, why no Red Tails coverage? Lucas' first big Non-SW or Indy project in years and......no push.

And then Lucasfilm wonders why there's a perception that they're a company standing almost entirely on two franchises each over 25 years old.

22. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Red Tails isn't really comicon material, though. No scifi, no magic, no occult. Yeah, it's bound to have some action scenes, but the movie doesn't strike me as something comic fans would get really excited about.

KamenSentaiMetalHero likes this.
  23. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Peter Jackson bought clips from The Dam Busters remake, so I can't really see why GL had no reason to bring Red Tails with him.

24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

what is with remakes?

and why is Peter Jackson remaking what he says are his favourite movies?

25. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    That's a very good point. If I became a very famous director in 30 years, I wouldn't go about remaking Star Wars.

Granted, I WOULD make Episode VII, but that's a different story...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.