main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    The other possibility is:

That because Tatooine has rampant crime occurring and violence that the event didn’t end up feeling quite as dramatic long term as he continued to learn of issues on the planet. I’m sure others he knows are later robbed at some point. Perhaps at blaster point or some other weapon. He might originally assume this situation was similar. He wants to join the Imperial Academy later on in life. Perhaps in part because he continued to see crime occurring and the propaganda lead him to believe serving was one way to help fight back against it. This could help play into why he later wants to join (beyond his obvious desire to change things up and fly). Let’s also not forget that in the end, from his perspective, nobody gets hurt and the entire situation de-escalates from the use of just talking it out.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Point 1. No, because Leia being the more active part related to the plot while Luke's is more a personal text, this time in relation to Obi-Wan, is right along the lines of ANH.

Point 2 part 1. He wouldn't have to depending on how it's done. It all depends on the execution. The easiest angle is that he's knocked out early on so it's all a blur.

Point 2 part 2. I had not even contemplated such a horrific thought but injecting "sequel" rubbish into their series like Force healing and Force this, that and the other thing that don't make any sense is something they have done so it's possible. Ghastly but possible.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Dont know if this has been discussed but I love to see this. Kenobi’s reaction to Anakin Skywalker bring alive.

New behind the scenes footage.

5. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
  6. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    I think it’s genius actually. They are getting better the past few years of utilizing legacy characters and situations and also the popularity of Din and Grogu to slowly help the ST and several of its developments feel less out of place and better developed. If this continues everything from every era will fit together better as one whole. My hope is that the next season of Mando continues this trend with more clone tech insights, more info related to the First Order, more clues of Palpatine’s hands at work, etc. Then, with Ahsoka, I hope more of Rebels feels like a live action part of the GFFA. A flesh and blood Thrawn. Ezra and hopefully more. I also hope that they utilize Thrawn’s ability to piece together clues become a way to hint at Palpatine still being around and hidden somewhere. It would be amazing if Thrawn himself is actually the one who is ahead of everyone else on putting all of these pieces together in the post ROTJ world. With luck and talent we could be looking at a nicely unified canon by 2024-2025. One where everything interconnects and better supports another aspect of the franchise. One where the ST itself is better setup by the TV shows we are about to enjoy ahead.

7. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
  8. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Of course they can try to claim a pretense that their movies and series fit with Lucas' Star Wars but that's all it would be. An attempt to make something not the case appear true.

That isn't going to be actually possible but as above they can ignore that then build story around all the conflicts in their own story. The biggest problem with all of these is their own ST. It's so disjointed that each movie is taking place in a different universe. It'd take a lot of dedicated series just to try to make some sense of the ST story itself. From the First Order and New Republic to a Kylo Ren (plus Snoke) and another connected Palpatine series.

This series will be a case in point. Will it actually fit between ROTS and ANH or will it be a case where it fits for the most part but then has elements which slide it out into the Disney SWU?

9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Except of course it will be, just that you and your ilk will have a problem accepting it. The current creative team are a lot cleverer than the ones responsible for the ST, they will make it fit.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Stop. We get it, you don’t like the sequels. That doesn’t give you the right to denounce their legitimacy; it’s an insult to everyone who worked on those movies and to everyone who enjoys them as part of Star Wars.

So straight up, if you continue to peddle this disinformation, you’ll find yourself as separate from this forum as you believe the sequels are from the rest of Star Wars.

11. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    In Dave Filoni I trust and I’ll tell you why. He’s someone who gets Lucas, has respect for even the controversial works of Rian Johnson, and also someone who realizes that Star Wars can’t only be what it once was and has personally added new lore to Star Wars in his animated and live action contributions. He’s someone who seems to want to unite as many of the differing Star Wars perspectives as he possibly can and I honestly think he’s perhaps the only person on the planet who has the talent, the previous relationship with Lucas, and the understanding that Star Wars must also branch out and make some controversial new choices now and then… to get it done. It’s a nearly impossible task to to unite the entire fandom at this point but he will come as close as anyone can by the time he’s done. I’m sure he is likely an executive producer on Kenobi or story advisor and I believe we will benefit from whatever his involvement is because he seems to want to bring everything together while simultaneously expanding it whenever he can.

12. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Around the 0.25 mark Owen says, “You don’t care if he’s ok, you only care if he’s showing.” I assume this means weather or not Luke is ‘showing’ obvious signs of force-sensitivity.
    We’ve seen previous examples in cannon of untrained force-sensitives who do ‘show’ their abilities (broom boy), and others (Anakin, Luke, Rey) who seemingly don’t. But this is the first time it’s been discussed in such a technical way on screen. This scene feels as though it belongs in the same universe as midichlorians, and I like that.:)

whostheBossk, wobbits and DannyD like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Anakin did show his Force-sensitivity. He was the only human who could fly a podracer and it was because he had Jedi reflexes as Qui-Gon put it.

14. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    For sure.
    I just meant nothing that would be obvious to a non-force sensitive, levitation for instance.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. calcmandan

calcmandan Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2012
    While I've been patiently awaiting the premier of this show, like everyone else on this thread, I am cautiously optimistic that it won't be an overhyped dud.

16. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    He volunteered for alot of them during the PT. I could see him doing the same this time around.

17. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    New clip, my fav so far. I love the shot of The Inquisitor ship flying over tattooine

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    5 Days Until Obi-Wan Kenobi is Released!

Fun Fact #24: While filming Episode III, Ewan pitched Lucas an Obi-Wan procedural drama series which would see Obi-Wan partnering with Dexter Jettster to solve crimes in the Coruscant underworld. While a pilot was shot the series failed to garner interest from any networks because of Ewan’s insistence that Obi-Wan sport a Tom Selleck mustache and wear Hawaiian shirts.

19. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Edit.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    @Ender_and_Bean They announced young Luke not young Leia so you’ve just posted a massive spoiler without tagging it. Might want to fix that.

21. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Really? Okay. I edited it. Sorry about that and thanks.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I always thought when Luke said he wanted to join the Academy he meant Rebel Academy? In that same scene he condemns the Empire and says I don't like the Empire either but what am I going to do about it to which Ben says that's your uncle talking.

24. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    The deleted scenes with Biggs makes it more clear what is meant. They plan to join the Academy then defect to the Alliance.

25. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017

Deborah Chow had a great answer to being asked about bringing Hayden back despite all the negativity he received.

I love hearing them talk about filming in the Volume.

It's cool to hear that Deborah let Moses help design/create the character.

This is a great interview other than the typical question to Hayden about the sand line. I can see the "here we go again" in his demeanor.