main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    The Willow trailer looked good. Something nice too watch during the Holidays this year. I actually forgot Joanne Whalley was going to be in it. I have my Vader cup out all ready for tomorrow.

Kato Sai and Christopher Blair like this.
  2. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Yeah I got some very nice Jim Henson Dark Crystal Vibes and I mean that in the biggest compliment way possible

3. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Not too long now...

I watched the first trailer like two times and that's it, so going in pretty spoiler-free (I hope).

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I was under the impression they just winged it. :p

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Yes the Boba Fett writers were called jon favreau and maybe 1 episode by Dave Filoni.

The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett were pretty much a 1 man written series. for the most part

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  6. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
  7. Skywalker Family

Mar 15, 2017
    The whole promotion for this series and seeing the two of them together again brings warm feelings to my heart.

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Same.

“You are my brother Hayden, and I love you.”

9. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    We need a plot idea where a new dark sider with a weird gift somehow figures out a way to infiltrate the force ghost world where we expand the lore, see the force ghost world as a physical place, and put Hayden and Ewan as heroes United for the first time in decades on a quest to stop him. At this point I’ll take anything to see them work together after all their issues.[face_laugh]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Star Wars: Ghost
    “Death is not the End.”

Ender_and_Bean likes this.
  11. Psych_Jedi

Psych_Jedi Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Hello there...I am so ready for this!

Kato Sai likes this.
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    7hrs, 22 mins to go!

13. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Anyone else just see Hayden saying “This is where the fun begins” and that epic crowd pop at celebration? =D=:bluesaber:

14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016

RetropME and Deliveranze like this.
  15. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    “This is where the fun begins” had me grab my chest in utter shock. Man just dropped an entire bomb

16. Skywalker Family

Mar 15, 2017
    I'm so happy he said that. Plus the pop from the fans you felt it!

CampOfSorgan and Deliveranze like this.
  17. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
  18. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm a little confused, have I missed something.

We see Stormtroopers in The Obi Wan trailers (so presumably the show itself), however in the Andor trailer, we clearly see Clone Troopers? That cant be right??

19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    likely flashbacks in all honesty. The Rogue One Visual Dictionary mentioned that Cassian was part of a Separatist-allied insurgent cell as a child soldier.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    If the leaks are anything to go by, i wouldn't get any hopes up about Clone Troopers in Kenobi.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  21. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I dont want them in it, I want Stormtroopers. That's why I'm concerned I see them in the Andor trailer.

Kato Sai likes this.
  22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    What would be wrong with Clone Troopers in Kenobi? I dunno if its a spoiler to say their will be flashbacks. Even though i wouldn't get hopes up about the Clones appearing, that certainly would be a fine way to have them appear.

Kato Sai likes this.
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I must see this! Is it in Thursday Celebration SW.com video?

24. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    It’s become popular to try and label all Star Wars fans as overtly critical and entitled but when you hear reactions like that or witness the Kelly Marie Tran chants at Precious Celebrations you realize quickly that the people who are most upset are often also the most vocal online but that there’s still a lot of fans who just love Star Wars even when it’s imperfect or flawed and those are the types of people who bring me joy and remind me of the beauty of Star Wars. There’s a lot of people like that here on these forums and it’s kept me coming back for 20 years.

25. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    No longer a matter months, weeks or days, it is now hours away. Really can't wait for this.

I've been loving what I have seen in all of these trailers. Inquisitors, new locations, Empire stuff - all absolutely fantastic.

But what I am really looking forward to and hoping it will be the case, are the characterisations and the various unique character relationships that exist; ie. between Obi-Wan and Owen, Obi-Wan and Vader and so on.

Im really praying that Chow deeply explores Obi-Wan's and Vader's mental states here. Obi-Wan's in terms of isolation, his pain in losing Anakin (and him dwelling on what went wrong), him not being able to express himself fully as a Jedi (in not attracting attention), etc. And where Vader is concerned, his pain and anguish at losing Padme, any lingering regrets he may feel in what he did, any regrets in what he gave up - basically Anakin's tormented soul. And then to have all of this play out in straight up evil when he confronts Obi-Wan again; where Anakin blames Obi-Wan for everything that has happened to him and what he has lost.

Based off her Mandalorian contributions, Chow is definitely the director to explore all of this. I've got huge expectations on this.