main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    A love interest? Hmmm.. so Kenobi “got busy” during his exile. @};-

TadoFett likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We already met her. She stole his vaperator parts.

3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I hope he does. He deserves some happiness in life and I’ve found Indira Varma to be a very talented and captivating actress in previous roles so I know she’d make a possible romantic development in S2 feel real. Apparently, according to the article, she’s decided to play it like she’s developing feelings for him even if it doesn’t come about in this season.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I only hope Obi doesn’t go dark for period in a rage to save her from Reva or other threats. We don’t need all angels to be fallen.

Sarge and TadoFett like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The writers all have extensive history and none of their history points to any of them being of the "Heroes need to be deconstructed" hipster edgelord variety.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge, RetropME and 4 others like this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
  7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I know, but there is theme of darkening heroes: Kal-El (Superman III), Duncan McCloud (Highlander Series, “Dark Quickening,” Season 4), Optimus Prime (Transformers: The Last Knight), Spider-Man (Spider-Man 3), John Connor (Terminator Genysis), and so forth. I don’t want Kenobi to fall.. we need some paladins who stay bright no matter what.

8. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    We know from A New Hope that he won’t fall.

TadoFett likes this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I speak of a brief fall, the list I gave was heroes who fell briefly.

TadoFett and Shaak Ti like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If he was going to fall it would have been at the beginning of this, when things seemed bleakest. He is being filled with renewed hope with every rebel he meets and evidence of surviving Jedi he comes across. Seeing Anakin for the first time was a shock. But he's obviously going to get a response from Qui Gon at some point and he's seeing all the good still in the universe, regardless of how bleak the Empire has made everything seem.

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well I have voiced my concerns. #nodarkenobi

Mostly Handless and TadoFett like this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes you are nothing if not committed to working yourself up. :p

Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I just don’t want Kenobi to dabble in dark side emotion. If he does, he certainly will understand Anakin better, and why he fell, which actually would work as great character development in an alternate universe, but it retcons ANH and ROTJ Kenobi who spoke of Anakin as “twisted and evil,” and beyond redemption.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  14. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Wait, so are we just assuming a Season 2 is in the cards now? Based off a couple of rumors? Just seeing a lot of people almost taking this for granted on the web.

15. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    He may intially plan to redeem him, but it fails really badly and he throws away that mindset.

16. Oswin Oswald

Oswin Oswald Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 16, 2017
    All Jedi are tempted by the Dark Side. They just refuse its offers. So Obi-Wan already knows what Anakin was tempted with. He already understands.
    Anakin never really redeemed himself. He was a tragic character. His role was literally to kill the emperor. That's it. His fate was to be a murderer and then die. Had he lived, it's not like the GFFA would not be calling for his head as punishment for his many many crimes.

TadoFett and Mostly Handless like this.
  17. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

18. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Ewan jokingly alludes to it as well.
    See 3:05 mark.

19. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    This also gives great weight to this parallel:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So Vader is toying with Reva...[face_thinking]:vader:

20. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Thats what he does :vader:[face_nail_biting]

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Th
    Vader and his toy chest.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  22. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Just two more days :)

23. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    It’s just a little thing but does anyone else like the idea that one of Kenobi’s notable weaknesses might be blocking a force lift and that Anakin realized it after what Dooku did to him?
    [​IMG]

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Sounds like a bit of a video-gamey weakness. What’s the story, Qui-gon never taught him the correct button-mashing order for a "force lift defense" move?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  25. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    It’s Kenobi’s overconfidence in his mastery of the high ground. He’s vulnerable when the ground is taken away. [face_laugh]