main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico ~OFFICIAL PRJO Community Thread~

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Xanatos_nwo, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Contra, aparentemente tengo cara de parguito...me llego otro email mas:

DEAR BELOVED,

GREETINGS AND COMPLIMENT OF THE SEASON.

PLEASE GIVE ATTENTION TO THIS MAIL AS I HOPE ON YOU,
    LET ME FIRST INTRODUCED MYSELF CLEARLY TO YOU FIRST.

I AM DR.(MRS)MARIAM ABACHA THE WIFE OF THE IMMEDIATE
    PAST MILITARY PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF
    NIGERIA WHO DIED ON THE 8TH OF JUNE 1998.I GOT YOUR
    ADDRESS WHILE GOING THROUGH THE INTERNET SEARCHING
    FOR A RELIABLE BUSINESS PARTNER, I THINK I WAS LED BUT
    NOT ERRONIOURSELY BUT TO MAKE A SINCERE
    PREPOSITION TO YOU.

MY MAJOR REASON FOR WRITING THIS LETTER TO YOU IS
    THAT MY HUSBAND LEFT A LOT OF PROPERTIES AND HUGE
    AMOUNT OF CASH, MONEY BEFORE HIS SUDDEN DEATH.THE
    PRESENT GOVERMENT OF THE COUNTRY THAT SUCCEEDED
    MY HUSBAND IS AVOURABLE TO OUR FAMILY AND INDEED
    HAS SHOWN THIS,BY THE COFISTICATION OF MANY OF OUR
    LANDED PROPERTIES AND LAREG AMOUNT OF MONEY
    BELONGINGS.FORTUNATELY,WE HAVE DISCOVERED MY LATE
    HUSBAND WILL.

THIS WILL STATES THAT THE SUM OF US$25.5MILLION HAS
    BEEN DEPOSITED WITH A SECURITY VAULT IN OVERSEAS FOR
    THE ENTIRE FAMILY. WE HAVE CONTACTED THE SECURITY
    VAULT AND IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT THE US$25.5
    MILLION IS STILL INTACT AND THAT WE ARE ABSOLITELY FREE
    TO COLLECT THE BOX CONTANING THE MONEY ANY TIME WE
    WANT.DUE TO THE DEATH OF MY HUSBAND AND THE ARREST
    OF MY ELDEST SURVIVING SON (MOHAMMED ABACHA)THE
    HANDICAP.

AT THIS MOMENT IS THAT THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT OF
    OURCOUNTRY WILL CONFISCATE THIS MONEY IF WE MAKE USE
    OF OT IN THIS COUNTRY.WE NEED THE ASSISTANCE OF A
    FOREIGNER WHO WILL HELP TO INVERST THIS MONEY
    OUTSIDE OUR COUNTRY.THIS IS WHY I DECIDED TO CONTACT
    YOU TO ASSIST US.NOTE I WILL PAY YOU 10%OF THE ENTIRE
    AMOUNT AND THE REST TO BE RELEASED TO ME.

INFACT I CANNOT TELL YOU THE FULL STORY OF MY
    PREDICAMENT IN THIS LETTER. HOWEVER YOU CAN GET
    MORE INFORMATION BY CHECKING THE FOLLOWING WEB
    LINKS.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200010230279.html

http://:allafrica.com/stories/200012070247.html

http://www.lagos-online.com/fg_details_loot_from_abacha.htm

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GIVING THIS ASSISTANCE, PLS
    INDICATE YOUR INTERST THROUGH MY CONFIDENTIAL EMAIL
    ADDRESS ABOVE.I WILL THEN GIVE YOU THE ENTIRE
    MODALITIES FOR THE BUSINESS ON RECIEPT OF YOUR FAX
    MESSAGE.

IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDS TO BE EXPEDITED BECAUSE WE
    ONLY HAVE SOME WORKING DAYS FOR NEGOTIATION. PLEASE
    KEEP THIS BUSINESS CONFIDENTIAL.

BEST REGARDS,

DR.(MRS)MARIAM ABACHA

Sheesh

2. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    Si quieren saber sobre la produccion de Episodio III, Tio Lucas ahora quiere que sus fanaticadas vacien sus bolsillos aun mas de lo que ya han hecho. Lean la noticia en el link de abajo.
    Web offers 'Star Wars' sneak peek

3. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Importante!

Apuntense aqui todos los que quieran participar de ese deal que le llego a Pedro por email. Quizas nos podemos dividir el 10% de 25.5 millones en partes iguales y asi se nos acaban todos los problemas economicos. Mejor que eso no se que haya. :D
    Con lo que ganemos pienso ir a comprarme figuras y comer en el Great Taste... heck, comprar el Great Taste.

4. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Mejor compra el parking de junto al Great Taste! Dinero constante y parking gratis cada vez que vayas al GT! :D

5. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Fox News has a new article on Harrison Ford's rise to stardom:

The Star Wars actor thought for years he'd been stepping over his marker in front of the famed Hollywood Boulevard eatery Musso & Frank ? never realizing it belonged to a silent-film star of the same name who died in 1957.

The contemporary Harrison Ford got his own sidewalk honor Friday amid hype for his new buddy film, Hollywood Homicide, and teases about a fourth Indiana Jones movie from director Steven Spielberg.

"When I came to Hollywood, bearing the name I was born with, I went to register at the Screen Actors Guild and they told me ? and it was news to me ? that there was already a Harrison Ford and that I couldn't use that name," the 60-year-old actor said.

The rest is on the link above

6. Ktulu_Terumo

Jun 27, 2002
    New York, NY - Due to the unprecedented level of anticipation and the prevalence of sub-standard versions of Metallica's upcoming, St. Anger, already in circulation, Elektra Records has moved up the release date of the new album, from Tuesday, June 10, to Thursday, June 5.

[image=http://www.metallica.com/ivergence/Image/cover_pa_jpg_sm_thumbnail.jpg]

Acabo de leer eso en metallica.com
    I'M GONNA CRY!!!!

7. Ktulu_Terumo

Jun 27, 2002
    I am crying, listening to St Anger CD.
    It RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

God Bless Metallica

8. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Ya que Manlio trajo el tema del cd... Manlio, lo unico que a mi me ha gustado de Metallica (besides unforgiven) es Load y re-Load. Este cd es un estilo similar?

Quiero aprovechar para decirles q el soundtrack de animatrix esta bieeeeeen pasao. Viene en un set junto con Animatrix por 25 dolares, y creanme, vale el dinero.

9. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Solo para informar que voy a estar ausente del foro desde el domingo 8 hasta el martes 10. Voy para mayagez a una actividad de la Oficina de Asuntos de la Juventud, vean el periodico el miercoles y a lo mejor salgo.

Anyway si necesitan algo pues me pueden llamar al celular!

10. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Hola nuevamente a todos! Ya regrese de mis vacaciones y estoy de vuelta al trabajo y la misma rutina de siempre. El viaje a Orlando estuvo excelente, han sido las mejores vacaciones de mi vida. En verdad la pase super bien y me hacia muchisima falta tomarme un tiempo libre.

En otras noticias, he vuelto a dedicarle horas largas a un juego de PC. El juego se llama Rise of Nations y esta demasiado brutal. No habia tocado mi PC desde el ultimo LAN party que hicimos, y ahora estoy super-hookeado con este juego. Es como Age of Empires en esteroides... en verdad vale la pena si eres un strategy buff como yo. ;)

So anyway, it's nice to be back here with y'all. Hope to see you guys soon. :D

11. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    Sea la madre! Queria conseguir este telefono nuevo de Samsung, pero AT&T Wireless no lo activan. :mad:
    [image=http://www.samsung.com/Products/MobilePhone/CDMA/images/matrix_05.jpg]

12. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Miren lo que acabo de recibir por email. Debe ser de los mismos que le mandan cosas educativas a Pete.

Eramos la única familia en el restaurante con un niño.

Yo senté a Daniel en una silla para niño y me di cuenta que todos estaban tranquilos comiendo y charlando. De repente, Daniel pegó un grito con ansia y dijo, "Hola amigo!" Golpeando la mesa con sus gorditas manos. Sus ojos estaban bien abiertos por la admiración y su boca mostraba la falta de dientes en su encía. Con mucho regocijo él se reía y se retorcía.
    Yo miré alrededor y vi la razón de su regocijo.

Era un hombre andrajoso con un abrigo en su hombro; sucio, grasoso y roto. Sus pantalones eran anchos y con el cierre abierto hasta la mitad sus dedos se asomaban a través de lo que fueron unos zapatos. Su camisa estaba sucia y su cabello no había recibido una peinilla por largo tiempo. Sus patillas eran cortas y muy poquitas y su nariz tenía tantas venitas que parecía un mapa.

Estabamos un poco lejos de él para saber si olía, pero seguro que olía mal; sus manos comenzaron a menearse para saludar.
    "Hola bebito, como estas muchachón," le dijo el hombre a Daniel.
    Mi esposa y yo nos miramos, "Que hacemos?" Daniel continuó riéndose y contestó,
    "Hola, hola amigo." Todos en el restaurante nos miraron y luego miraron al pordiosero. El viejo sucio estaba incomodando a nuestro hermoso hijo.
    Nos trajeron nuestra comida y el hombre comenzó a hablarle a nuestro hijo como un bebe. Nadie creía que era simpático lo que el hombre estaba haciendo. Obviamente él estaba borracho.
    Mi esposa y yo estabamos avergonzados.
    Comimos en silencio; menos Daniel que estaba super inquieto y mostrando todo su repertorio al pordiosero,quien le contestaba con sus niñadas.
    Finalmente terminamos de comer y nos dirigimos hacia la puerta. Mi esposa fue a pagar la cuenta y le dije que nos encontraríamos en el estacionamiento.
    El viejo se encontraba muy cerca de la puerta de salida. "Dios mío, ayúdame a salir de aquí antes de que este loco le hable a Daniel." Dije orando, mientras caminaba cercano al hombre; Le di un poco la espalda tratando de salir sin respirar ni un poquito del aire que él pudiera estar respirando.
    Mientras yo hacía esto, Daniel se volvió
    rápidamente en dirección hacia donde estaba el viejo y puso sus brazos en posición de
    "cárgame." Antes de que yo se lo impidiera, Daniel se abalanzó desde mis brazos hacia los brazos del hombre. Rápidamente el muy oloroso viejo y el joven niño consumaron su relación amorosa. Daniel en un acto de total confianza, amor y sumisión recargó su cabeza sobre el hombro del pordiosero.
    El hombre cerró sus ojos y pude ver lágrimas corriendo por sus mejillas; sus viejas y maltratadas manos llenas de cicatrices, dolor y duro trabajo, suave, muy suavemente, acariciaban la espalda de Daniel. Nunca dos seres se habían amado tan profundamente en tan poco tiempo. Yo me detuve aterrado.
    El viejo hombre se meció con Daniel en sus brazos por un momento, luego abrió sus ojos y me miró directamente a los míos. Me dijo en voz fuerte y segura, "Usted cuide a este niño."
    De alguna manera le conteste "Así lo haré" con un inmenso nudo en mi garganta. El separó a Daniel de su pecho, lentamente como si tuviera un dolor. Recibí a mi niño y el viejo hombre me dijo: "Dios le bendiga, señor. Usted me ha dado un hermoso regalo."
    No pude decir mas que un entrecortado gracias.
    Con Daniel en mis brazos, caminé rapidamente hacia el carro.
    Mi esposa se preguntaba por qué estaba llorando y sosteniendo a Daniel tan apretadamente, y por qué yo estaba diciendo: "Dios mío, Dios mío, perdóname."

Yo acababa de presenciar el amor de Cristo a través de la inocencia de un pequeño niño que no vio pecado, que no hizo ningún juicio; un niño que vio un alma y unos padres que vieron un montón de ropa sucia. Yo fui un cristiano ciego, cargando un niño que no lo era.
    Yo sentí que Dios me estuvo preguntando:
    "Estás dispuesto a compartir tu hijo por un momento?" Cuando Él compartió a su hijo por toda la eternidad.
    El viejo , inconscientemente, me recordó:

"Les asegu

13. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
  14. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    From the Washington Post:

Reuters
    Wednesday, June 11, 2003; 1:56 AM

By Chris Gardner

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "The Transformers" -- the ever-morphing Hasbro toy line that spawned comic books, TV series and an animated feature -- are ready to change shape again, this time into live-action stars of the big screen.

Angry Films chief Don Murphy (whose next film is "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen") and writer-producer Tom DeSanto ("X-Men" and "X2: X-Men United") have teamed to produce a feature-length, live-action movie based on the popular brand.

The duo are expected to shop the project to studios shortly, and DeSanto said they have already received interest from a handful of directors.

DeSanto is currently working on a story treatment for the project before he and Murphy hire a screenwriter to adapt it for the big screen.

"Transformers enjoys an amazing fan base worldwide, and we believe that we can create an incredibly fast-paced, exciting movie that will be appealing to anyone who loves action films," Murphy said in a statement.

Added DeSanto: "Transformers is one of the properties I have been infatuated with for a long time. Like 'X-Men,' Transformers offers an amazing mythology with all the elements to create a successful ongoing franchise, iconic characters, global themes and a world that has never been seen before onscreen."

Introduced in the mid-1980s, the Transformers brand centers on a group of robots that are able to change into a variety of objects, such as cars, trucks, planes, ships and other technological creations.

The feature film will tell the story of an intergalactic war between two races of robots: the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. When their fight comes to Earth, the future of humanity inevitably hangs in the balance.

"We loved the creative take that Tom and Don presented to us," said Jane Ritson-Parsons, president of the Hasbro Properties Group. "And for Hasbro, the center of our corporate strategy is extending our core brands in a variety of entertainment forms ... This is a franchise where the next story arc and the next destination is on the big screen."

The Transformers was introduced in the United States by Hasbro in 1984 as a boy-friendly toy line. But even though the brand has been around awhile, it enjoys continued success, with sales up 64% in 2002 over 2001, according to Hasbro.

Currently, they can be seen seven times a week via the series "Transformers Armada" on the Cartoon Network. According to Hasbro, additional television programs and comic books are on the schedule for 2004.

The only time Transformers came to the big screen was in 1986 with the animated feature "The Transformers: The Movie."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

And, Hasbro's official press release (cut and paste):

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=has&script=411&layout=-6&item_id=421174

Hasbro Enters into Agreement with Movie Producers Tom DeSanto and Don Murphy for Full Length, Live Action Transformers Movie

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 11, 2003--Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) announced today that it entered into an agreement with the highly successful producers Tom DeSanto (X-Men and X2: X-Men United) and Don Murphy (currently producing 20th Century Fox's The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) for a full length, live action movie based on Hasbro's enormously popular TRANSFORMERS brand.

"TRANSFORMERS enjoys an amazing fan base worldwide, and we believe that we can create an incredibly fast-paced, exciting movie that will be appealing to anyone who loves action films," said Don Murphy.

"TRANSFORMERS is one of those rare properties that has been embraced by a generation around the world. Like X-Men, TRANSFORMERS offers an amazing mythology with all the elements to create a successful ongoing franchise, iconic characters, global themes, and a world that has never been seen before on screen," said Tom DeSanto.

"The property has been successful in every arena it has played in throughout the world - toys, comic

15. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Yeah, today at lunch I was discussing the Transformers live action movie with our dear friend Joel "Pio" Rivera. I have mixed feelings about it (the movie, not Joel)... [face_plain]

On the one hand, the concept of integrating live actors with CGI has improved a lot recently, to the point where it is nearly seamless and in some movies works quite well. For example, compare the TPM Yoda with the AOTC Yoda. Very big difference. Also, the Gollum from TTT was excellent. This live actor-CGI actor integration can be done nicely. On the other hand, it can also be a bad thing... if they scew this up the movie could really suck eggs and be a total disaster, and that would disappoint us all. We'll just have to see what happens. [face_shocked]

16. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Jan, acabo de gastar dos horas de mi vida leyendo los scam jokes esos. Pero tengo que admitir que me he reido un monton y estan brutales. No se quienes estan peores, esa gente o los que le creen las bromas.

Att. Diamond Dave

17. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Rafa, ayer yo gaste media hora de mi almuerzo, y sali media hora tarde del trabajo leyendolos. En verdad vale la pena leerlos todos, yo tambien me rei un monton. De ahora en adelante vere a David Lee Roth bajo otra luz, HAHAHA.

18. popracer

popracer Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2002
    WorldCyberGames llegó a Puerto Rico

WorldCyberGames llegó a Puerto Rico

Samsung Electronics, líder global en semiconductores, en la industria de electrónica de consumo, y la tecnología de convergencia digital, anunció hoy el lanzamiento oficial de los World Cyber Games (WCG) 2003, el más importante evento internacional de juegos electrónicos, a partir del mes de junio de 2003.
    World Cyber Games se constituye en el más grande festival cultural y de entretenimiento del mundo y una aventura cyber cultural sin precedentes en la cual los jugadores de Panamá, Puerto Rico, Ecuador y Guatemala demostrarán la supremacía de sus habilidades en los juegos de plataforma de PC: StarCraft: Brood War y Half-Life: Counter-Strike.

En total habrá 50 países participantes, cinco más que los 45 del año pasado, donde cuatro países representarán a Latinoamérica.

La fecha de inscripciones para los jugadores de los World Cyber Games se desarrollará hasta el mes de julio.

Jugadores de los 13 a 30 años de edad pueden participar gratuitamente accediendo a la página Web de los World Cyber Games www.wcglatin.com o visitando www.datajuegos.com

Las finales se celebrarán desde el 12 al 18 de octubre en el Parque Olímpico de Seúl cuando se haya definido la representación de cada país, cuyos integrantes viajarán a Corea para ser parte de la final del este evento mundial.

Para la gran final en Corea se tiene programado un ciclo de conferencias de negocios sobre alta tecnología e información relacionada al entretenimiento electrónico, y exhibiciones donde se puede apreciar tecnológica de punta en los juegos, todo combinado en un apasionante evento que ilumina el camino para el futuro de la industria global de los ?cybergames?.

www.DataJuegos.com

19. popracer

popracer Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2002
    En si yo unos amigos freak de Brood War trataron de
    inscribirse en el site pero no pudimos daba un error en la
    pagina si alguien logra inscribirce antes que yo me avisan.

o PM :D

:D :D :D :D

20. Ktulu_Terumo

Jun 27, 2002
    Star Wars Rebel Strike

Para los que tienen guille de Wedge, va a salir un juego nuevo en la linea de Rogue Squadron

21. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    ATTENTION FELLOW JEDIS:

due to recent activities regarding jidnet.com's move to another server and respective domain transfers, the short URL you have come to love (http://prjo.jidnet.com) is temporarily unavailable due to this ocurrances.

jidnet.com will come back alive sometime during this week. i apologize for the inconveniences but all this is being made in order to host the future PRJO website and Portal... as well as some other services.

if any member of the PRJO needs to contact me trough e-mail, please use "jizquierdo-at-yahoo.com"... the temporal shutdown of jidnet.com is affecting email servers as well...

once again i apologize for any inconvinience...

// digital "keeper of the short URL"

22. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Bueno ya termine Order of the Phoenix, and it's good, it's real good!

23. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Con razon no se te consigue ya, si estas dedicado a leerlo. Yo me he leido los primeros dos capitulos so far...

24. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    luis...tsk tsk tsk... como dice rafa... no se ete consigue. te llevo llamando dias para hablar algo sosbre la actividad y naaaada... jeje parece que eesta bueno el libro

25. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Para lo unico que se habia comunicado Luis era para decir el mensajito sugestivo que puso en el thread del taller y mas nada. Me pregunto si en verdad ha estado leyendo Order of the Phoenix... [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.