main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official REQUIEM OF THE OUTCAST (RotO) thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by cinemafreak, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    I'm thinking "Jeeves the Adulterer."

Believe me, you don't want the explanation.

2. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    thanks for the early B-day wishes!!!

3. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Well, if you didn't know by now, the website is up. But, I just added a bunch of pics under our Extras section. Hope you dig them.

requiemoftheoutcast.com

4. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    tumbleweed

5. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    New ep is out. Hope you like it. Ep 10.
    requiemoftheoutcast.com. Its our ConCarolinas edition featuring the footage of live panel. Enjoy

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    ROTO #11 and ROTO:SE #1 are now both out.

7. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, the latest editions of RotO are now available. We have two eps for your listening pleasure. RotO 11 and our very special Writer's Ep. You can find them both at requiemoftheoutcast.com or starwarsfanworks.com. I also hope you enjoyed the first newsletter!

RotO 11
    Feature Stories
    1. Round Table Discussion: FanFilm vs Amateur vs Indie Film
    2. Interview: Lee Wilson
    3. Review: Inside Report
    4. Announcement of upcoming FanForce website Contest

Writer's Ep
    Feature Stories
    1. Interview: Stephen Euin Cobb Bones Burnt Black
    2. Interview: Davey Beauchamp Agency 32 Series
    3. Interview: Alan Dean Foster Far too many to list

8. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I think this thread is dead.

9. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Episode 10 comments...
    Awesome! Made me wish I was at the convention. Great trivia game. :p

Episode 11 comments...
    Gomer > Goober, but Barney Fife > All. The show spiraled downhill after Gomer and Barney were replaced by Goober and Warren.

While any film anyone makes based on something they like technically could be called a film made by a fan, I would define a fanfilm as any film that prominently uses copyrighted characters and settings without permission. I think "fanfilm" is a subdivision of "amateur film", which in term is a subdivision of "independent film". An independent film is a film not made by a major company, an amateur film is an independent film made by amateurs and not intended as a source of income, and a fanfilm is an amateur film which uses copyrighted characters and settings prominently. There's my opinion.

I'll listen to the Writer episode tomorrow.

10. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Ohhh, I do like you opinion. I think it clarifies some things...I think I may tend to agree in part as well.

11. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    daggonit, I think you're right. Very good points.

12. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Janine almost hit the nail on the head in getting to where "Revenge" comes from by noting the Maul line. According to EU and comic history, which Lucas at least agrees with in concept if not in every detail, the Jedi wiped out the Sith at some point at around the "Old Republic" era. Or something close to that. Basically, Jedi wiped out the Sith (or thought they did). So they are getting their "Revenge" by wiping out the Jedi.

Now, will we get elaboration on this history in the film? Who knows? Or will we be expected to know this or figure it out for ourselves?

As for AOTC... did the bad guys win? Well, of course we know that yes they did, but the clones in and of themselves are not the bad guys. Palpatine and Dooku are. And in a technical sense the clones do attack the seperatists after Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme were taken prisoner.

But you are absolutely correct in comparing the titles to the original films. They are all cheesy and they are meant to be.

Moving on to Grayson. I went back and watched it again and I think you are seeing Superman through rose colored glasses. I think the film maker was trying to get across that 'Supes' has somehow been corrupted. I'm sure by some kind of subterfuge (sp?) or threat against someone, but it looks like he is on the take for some reason. Superman is for some reason protecting or hiding the killer of Batman. "Villianess" has control of O'Hara and O'Hara seems to have control of Superman. I don't think Superman's actions are as altruistic as you made them out to be.

Of course it is meant to be vague so both views could be valid, but I thought I'd share what I saw in the trailer. If you watch it again I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

Too bad we will never get a real film out of the concept, but perhaps a one-off graphic novel based on the idea could be done someday.

Love the show!!

Doc

13. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Thanks Mr. Ev... sorry, Dr. Evil (dig the name, btw). I have to look at Supes as incoruptable. That's always been his gimmick, and I don't think there was enough evidence shown in Grayson. Now, I think he might've been tricked. Maybe he doesn't realize that O'Hara is corrupt. S can't read minds.

It would be nice to know if the film could be made. I think he's more worried about investing the time and money only to have a cease and desist slapped on it after he makes it. Ah well. I think these companies are too anal retentive about their licenses. If they relaxed they'd see that these fan projects will keep a stale character and breathe new life into them.

14. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Oh yes. I'd agree that he has been incoruptable, but it seems that he has been coerced somehow. Somehow he seems to be a reluctant bad guy. Maybe Lois Lane's life is at stake. He seems to be greying in the trailer as well, so maybe something has happened to make him "Fall from grace."

Doc

15. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Ah yes, now that he is siding with evil (no offense), his looks are going

16. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    The October edition of the show (ROTO #13) is now available!

Clickie

17. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    This months ep will be delayed two days and available on Tuesday. I'll post when its up

18. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    oops. Its been up on the site. http://www.requiemoftheoutcast.com

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    ROTO #15 was just released.

20. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    ROTO #16 is now available.

21. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    New ep and new site is up

22. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
  23. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Don't forget to sign up for our podcast because extra content will be filtering through soon.

24. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Episode 20 is available at www.requiemoftheoutcast.com

25. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    hey guess what. ep 22 is out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.