main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL** Shadows of the Empire Soundtrack Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Mastadge, Feb 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    It's been a while since I read SotE, so anyone correct my if I'm wrong, but it ends with Xizor's skyhook blow apart by Vader, Dash trying to escape through and seemingly dying, though we never know for sure.

SotE was the first SW related soundtrack I got and I love it! I couldn't believe I had never had one before!

PS. The more music, the better (for me anyway), so I say use the whole thing.

2. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    I downloaded some of this music once. I thought the soundtrack was great. Maybe I should look it up again.

3. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    I've been busy, and our internet isn't fixed up at our house--I'm using my Dad's computer at work. But that sounds good. It would seem that The Rebel Fleet could work for the beginning of the end credits. I'll get to work.

Oh, and I have the ROTJ SE CDs now, so I may even put together some kind of Emperor's theme suite! :D

4. Barefoot-Sith-Chick

Barefoot-Sith-Chick Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    I, for one, loved the SOTE soundtrack.

My one dissapointment is that Dash's theme is played for, what, five seconds. And that's it. I loved how cowboyish it sounds. :D I'm sad it's not really in the rest of the music.

5. DarthQui-Gon

DarthQui-Gon Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2004
    Well, even though I've never really listened to the SOTE soundtrack(I orderd it today), I still managed to put together an end credits musical number for Shadows of the empire. I did it using samples I had downloaded off the internet. :)

I heard someone requesting this. Hope you like it. :)

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B2OGYXH93AZL0M2V3NEMVGF4H

6. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    So, anyone familliar with the rumor that a tribute to the SOTE soundtrack was hidden in a brief, several-note cameo during the opening ROTS battle? Me, personaly, I couldn't hear it...

(And yeah, I know I mentioned it on the ROTS board before- but it seemed appropriate to at least mention it here, once...)

7. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I compiled an end credits suite for SotE. Download (MP3 @ 64 kbps). It doesn't use a lot of tracks, but I thought the flow was pretty good.

8. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Pretty good , Cerrabore.

Although, I wouldn't have gone back to the Star Wars theme for the finale. Rather, I would have used the last minute or so finale from SOTE, mainly because I think it rocks, but also it's more in keeping with the rest of the score.

9. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Sounds fantastic to me! Great job!

10. Darth_Absolute

Darth_Absolute Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    i cant manage to find it in any used stores so does anyone have a copy so they could send me a few songs off it?

11. LukesDestiny

LukesDestiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Can I get a re-up on this? Seems that I've missed it. A PM will be fine.

12. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    You can find it on dockingbay101.com

13. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I finally ordered this CD. It should arrive soon, I'm looking forward to it. :D

14. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Since this is a commonly requested topic, I'm going to up it before it gets auto-locked.

Also, a FAQ refers to the bogus Episode III track that circualted around prior to ROTS which was actually the main theme combined with "Night Skies'.

15. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, to start off, I downloaded a few track to see if I would like it. I was suprised! It was so much more than replayed John Williams, Star Wars cues and themes. Many of the tracks use the Chorus and it was great. I wonder if there will ever be a soundtrack made for a Star Wars Video game or book like this again?

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    None of the music from "Shadows Of The Empire" were used in ROTS. That was just a false rumor. Anyway, I did make an end credits track myself, though not on my computer. The old fashioned way with a radio that has a CD player and a tape player. I started with the end credits theme taken from AOTC, before going into the middle part of Xizor's theme. Then I go into The Seduction Of Princess Leia. Then I end with the last half of The Imperial March concert version.

17. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    My favorite tracks are "Xizor's Theme" and "The Seduction of Princess Leia," because they are so different from anything we've ever heard before SW-wise.

18. Trentman359

Trentman359 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    I finally got to pick up this score last summer. I was very surprised to find it and for a reasonable price to. I still haven't been able to find TMP:UE, but thats besides the point. Joel McNeely should do the score for the SW live action tv series. He worked on The Young Indy show and he already proved himself in the SW world. I hope they bring him back.

19. jediking12

jediking12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2007
    I Like the Battle of Gall track at about 1:25-2:20 sounds like military music or marching into battle or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.