main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL~SMALLVILLE Discussion thread. (Spoilers Galore)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediPriestess, Jan 4, 2006.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Wow. That was the best Smallville I've seen. That special needed to be more than two hours. Hawkman was incredible, Michael Shanks really pulled off the role. Dr. Fate was the man, I was so mad when he got killed, but the helmet seemed to be more Dr. Fate than the man wearing it. Seeing all the memorabilia was incredible. Green Lanterns ring and mask... everything was just beyond words. And when Fate gives Martian Manhunter his powers and you see him transform back into a Martian was just incredible. Then when he finally shows up and reveals his powers by curbstomping the Icecicle. There were so many things I liked in this episode.

Amanda Waller shows up and introduces the Suicide Squad! Tess is part of Waller's goverment agency!

Dr. Fate just stole the show. Watching him nearly getting Lois to see Clark in costume and Clarks quick bail while Fate just stands there. And then his whole thing with Lois. Man Fate is becoming a new favorite DC hero of man if this episode is any indication of him. Hawkman and Green Arrow had such good banter.

But by far the part that made me happiest.

Dr. Fate- Lex Luthor will be your greatest foe but you will triumph over him.
    Clark- Lex Luthor is dead.
    Dr. Fate- ...

Dr. Fate was like, 'oops... shouldn't have said that.' At least this confirms Lex will return.

And next episode Zatanna returns!

2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    That was good. Corny in so many ways, but awesome still. Though, when Fate had the vision of the cape I was just like "put Clark in the damn suit and let's really get this show going."

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Should definately check out Steve Gerber's mini-series from 2007-2008 and Johns work with the character during his first JSA run. As well as back issues of the 80's mini-series.

Yeah, Johns said that he tweaked him a bit and made Kent Nelson kinda like Thom Kallor/Starman. But noted that Carter and Courtney were very much spot on with the comics.

No, but by doing it as a two-parter, we got to see what we saw. Johns has said that he had to redo certain scenes in order to fit within the show's budget. Hence we didn't see the Star-Spangled Kid's fight with Icicle other than brief snippets in Sandman's dreams. He's also said that he went all out in making sure he kept true to the comics, while giving enough easter eggs so that if people wanted to, they can be encouraged to pick up the JSA trades and if they want to, the two monthly books.

Well, Martha Kent is returning in May and so that would be the place to see the next step in Clark's suit.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Despite the costumes (Hawkman's especially) looking a bit goofy, I thought this was a solid 2 episodes. I really enjoyed it last night between the easter eggs, the acting and the effects.

Best line of the night though: "I'm Mars' sole survivor. There's a reason for that"

5. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Yeah, I was absolutely psyched when J'onn J'onz came back with full on Martian powers. I could really care less about the JSA members they showed, especially the super corny Hawkman getup, and would have rather had Wildcat and Green Lantern featured. But Martian Manhunter, quit shot of him in alien form AND in clothes that looked so much like his comic appearance WITH powers really floored me. I loved it.

6. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I know nothing about the JSA mythology and am really dont know THAT much about the entire Superman mythology since 1938 and its incarnations; but i thought the costumes looked great.It could have been pretty bad, but i thought Hawkman looked pretty good.

I've seen every episode since number 1, and im just enjoying THIS season so much. Its been fantastic, after the last two subpar seasons. You can just see everything coming together.

I dont need Welling in the costume for an hour, but it would be nice to finally have Superman and show up every once in awhile, even if its just for 10mins; and maybe thats what we'll have next year. with the show coming together as it is; I think Welling would take his place among Christopher Reeve (which is not to say Brandon, Dean, Kirk, and George werent good, they were) but Welling would look fantastic in the costume.

and cant say enough about the "Clois" relationship, its a thing of beauty.

7. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Another good episode last night..The best part of the show was Lois taking off the Stormtrooper helmet, and every user here should appreciate this...

"I cant see a thing in this helmet"..taken word for word from Star Wars. LOL

8. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I really thought tonight's episode was going to be a throwaway one-shot deal. I fully admit I was wrong at the end. I wonder what direction they will go in now?

9. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    What is the this bull? No new Smallville until April now!

10. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
  11. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Whats with all the blackout boxes? This is the spoiler thread ( says spoilers galore for heavens sakes)and thats rather annoying when you are trying to read the thread.

12. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Some people may not be up to date. Nothing wrong with being respectful.

13. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Better safe than sorry when it comes to some topics. I run behind on watching sometimes and I'm sure others do. Besides highlighting or pressing Ctrl-A isn't much of a timesuck.

14. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    They introduced Hawkman on this show?

God, I'm glad I stopped watching after the fifth season.

15. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    It actually worked out pretty well. And you might want to try to start anew with season 8. The new showrunners started then and their vision of how the show should unfold is far different than the old producers.

16. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    Indeed seeing as this has been THE best season by far since season 3.

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Well the preview for next week pretty much gave away The Red Queen's identity:p

18. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    They introduced Hawkman on this show?

God, I'm glad I stopped watching after the fifth season.

That episode was kind of like The Watchman movie but with the JSA being the older people rather than The Watchman. Oliver and Hawkman had a pretty good fight going on in that ep.

I figure most television is bad in itself, so at least Smallville is within mythos that I enjoy: DC Universe.

19. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    Thats who I figured it was so it wasnt much of a shock for me. :)

20. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Who is she?

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    The Red Queen is Martha Kent

Honestly, that's who I expected it to be as well. We knew she was coming back and the scene with Max Lord just made it very obvious. Plus it had to be someone J'onn would trust enough to not tell Clark, Oliver or Chloe. Ma Kent was the only one who checked all the boxes.

Being a little careful with spoilers just in case. But really looking forward to this episode on Friday. :D

22. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    Best freaking episode in a long time!

Promo for next week in slow mo so you can actually see whats going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjplq6sdNIg

23. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I think the promo looks great; thanks for posting. Clark really needs to tell Lois. I feel sorry for her whenever she talks about the blur and purpose in her life.

24. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    BEST. FREAKING. FINALE. EVER.

Come to think of it, Best damn season ever!

25. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    He better be in the tights and cape next season. We all know that's what was in the gift box.