main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL~SMALLVILLE Discussion thread. (Spoilers Galore)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediPriestess, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Same some awesome speculation that Darkseid could be in the form of Lionel Luther. Which would explain John Glover's possible return

2. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Well, I hope that Darkseid is not some human representation of the big baddie. I know it's been done before in the comics but he's just such a cool villain in his alien state. After seeing the end of the episode when he appears on screen for the first time, I'm hopeful.

3. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I hope the real Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum) is the big bad with Darkseid as a distraction. Would be great to reintroduce Lex with a big reveal during the penultimate episode (ready for an epic showdown with Clark). I don't think they will confirm or deny Rosenbaum is returning as it generates speculation/publicity so I'll have my fingers crossed.

4. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    LOVED-EVERY-MINUTE of the season opener. I am a happy fangirl! [face_mischief]

5. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Saw the Smallville premiere the other night. The nostalgic stuff was fun, and the conversation between Clark and Jonathan was also very well played out. I especially appreciated Welling's performance in this scene, as he managed to elevate it above his often pedestrian delivery. What I appreciated the most was Jor-El's rejection of Clark and Clark's subsequent reflection on the fact that he had destroyed an entire building in the previous season. I remember when he destroyed the Solar Tower that it striked me as a very un-Clark thing to do, and more importantly, a VERY un-Superman thing to do. He just let it collapse. And didn't even bother to check if there were anyone in the street who might possibly get a few chunks of building on their heads.

And it's all Chloe and Ollie's fault. In season 8 with Ollie going "kill him already!" concerning Davis/Doomsday and in season 9 with now both of them going "look what happened when you didn't kill Davis! Now kill Zod!". What with the storyline about Ollie punishing himself with guilt after "killing" Lex, you'd think he would be hesitant to make fun of Clark's boy scout ways, but he's back on the same wagon, again with the "Come on, bring the big guns" speeches in Clark's ear constantly.

And the most annoying thing is, the guy who reviews the episodes over at IGN thinks that OLLIE is the one who's right and that Clark's hesitance to kill stems from his immaturity. If anything, Clark's the most grown-up one out of all of them. He seems to be the only one who understands the Peter Parker lesson. So in my mind i'm sticking the Jor-El rejection speech in that IGN reviewer's face right now. YOU'RE REJECTED, FOOL!

6. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Look, up in the sky It's a bird, It's a plane, No it's Super-Jacket-Man

[image=http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville10/clarkjacket.jpg]

7. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Looks better than Hancock's jacket. And a nice transition phase costume from the trenchcoat get-up to the final suit.

8. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I have to wonder who Clark's tailor is this time?

9. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm not so keen on Deadshot. I honestly thought it was Jonah Hex when I tuned in around the end and I was like "whaaa?" Then I watched the episode from the beginning and I was like, "at least they got the red eye piece..."

10. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    The same dude that made Michael Jacksons red jacket for the Beat It video. [face_mischief]

Seriously tho, I depise the new look with the fire of a thousand suns. :mad:

11. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    All the looks are going to pale compared to the suit. That's the icon and the standard...everything else is just prologue.

12. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Or Super Eddie Murphy!
    [image=http://i40.tinypic.com/5wdl51.jpg]

13. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    So we saw the first real insight into Darkseid in this weeks episode, and somehow Kara is back. I knew nothing about Darkseid before, but now that I know that the concept behind how he "works", I find him to be a very interesting villain. If I didn't have enough anticipation already (which I do) being as this is the final season, then this episode certainly has me psyched about the further developments.

14. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I think the gaseous Darkseid is way inferior to the scary badass alien dictator from Apocalyps with the Omega beam eyes.

15. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Well, sure, but that'd cost a pretty penny to put onscreen. I'm hoping we see that version later too.

16. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I agree. Though it would be hard to put him on screen as he should be. Though I'm 100% sure he'll use his Omega beams eventually.

17. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    BEST FREAKIN EPISODE EVA!

18. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I did a quick initial reaction to episode 200 on my blog. Wanted to share with the folks here. This was an awesome episode. Source: Nerds of The Round Table

So we previewed Smallville?s 200th episode earlier this week. The preview was good, but it didn?t do any justice to the episode we got tonight. I?ve jotted down some initial thoughts on the episode. I fully intend to flesh it out with a full review later. Hopefully my insane ramblings make sense to you all.
    It wasn?t a clip show. The previews made it look like there would be a lot of clips of past episodes, but there were really very few. I was happy to see that and it made the episode better to limit the flashback clips. The ones they used fit in perfectly to the episode and gave great emphasis to the ongoing events.

James Marsters continues to own the role of Brainiac. It?s a unique take, but its really good. Personally I thought he did a great job of looking evil and out for revenge when he first appeared before Clark. Then he morphed into a guide for Clark?s life. Completely different from the past Brainiacs of the series. You could almost buy at the end that Clark and Brainiac 5 could be friends and work together.

This episode has been the best one so far to build up the future of the Superman mythos. Not only did we see the Daily Planet and a headline about Superman, but we got to see the ?nerdy? Clark Kent of the future. Awesome, thats all there is to it. Not only that, but there was a nice nod to the Superman movies with Clark saving Lois in the falling helicopter.

Tom Welling and Erica Durance have fantastic chemistry on-screen. These two actors just seem to mesh really well together. The interactions between future Lois and the Clark from the past were fantastic. Spot on work. You could totally buy the fact that the Lois and Clark of the future would work together to maintain his secret.

The glasses comments. They played up the glasses aspect in hiding in plain sight, something huge in this episode. When Clark wanders around without them people start to think they recognize him and actually double-take to see if he is Superman. Then there was the great comment when he had the glasses on, ?No, it?s just the guy from the 8th floor.?

Flight! I love it Clark might just figure out how to fly now. Confronting his past that haunts him and the issues in his future may have helped him make some progress. But the biggest thing was probably admitting he loved Lois. After the events with Brainiac and then with Lois I imagine Clark had a clear head and didn?t have to worry about his darkness anymore. Lois might just be what saves Clark from Darkseid.

Honestly, this might have been one of the best episodes of Smallville that have been made. Easily in the top 5 if not number 1. This show is really pulling out all the stops as it nears the end of its 10 year run. To steal a catchphrase from TV Guide and part-time Starkville House of El Host Damian Holbrook, this episode of Smallville = geekwood.

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I was concerned when I first heard about this episode but it was very very good. They touched on Clark's past without delving too far into it. There was however one notable absence in both the past and future: Lex Luthor.

Other than that, everything was great. Erica Durance is Lois Lane. If any actor from the series deserves a shot at playing their character in the new Superman movie, she is definitely my choice.

I think it's actually a shame that the showrunners chose to use this season to keep leading up to superman instead of actually giving us this future and showing us superman for this final season. But, it was still great.

And I liked how Ollie handled that mouthy reporter at the end. Good for him. I would have liked to have heard Justice League name dropped or just "The League" mentioned by Lois in the future, but you can't have everything. :p

20. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    I liked the fact that Clark is what the other heroes need to be inspired. Oliver needed Clark to reach out and be supportive because Clark is the purity in goal and spirit that Oliver sought for in his actions as Green Arrow. Once he saw that Clark supported him, Oliver's response to the reporter was a no brainer.

21. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    That episode made me feel like I was reading a superman comic from 1975. I felt like I was on the journey with Clark too. Awesome.

22. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Yay for Lois and Clark!

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Lois should have played football with a tackle like that :p

24. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    No doubt! The episode was ok but then ending made it for me. For a minute there I was thinking we werent going to get out payoff!

25. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I still haven't finished watching Smallville S9 yet (on DVD), but Season 10 sounds great so far. Just wanted to say that I hope Darkseid is somewhat similar to what we see of him in the DC comics. Creative license is fine to an extent, but if you take away too much of what makes Darkseid iconic, then I just don't see the point of having him on the show at all. I guess I'll wait to see how the character plays out as the season progresses.