main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Official Social Thread!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Jul 14, 2007.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Things have been kind of slow on the board here lately, so I thought we could have a social thread, just for chatting and socializing and getting to know one another without any rules for the thread (i.e. good news thread, getting to know each other thread).

So... have at it! Anyone here not seen Harry Potter yet?

:D

-Mia

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I've seen it and want desperately to see it again. It was so cool.

Who has their book 7 preordered and where will you be getting it? I'm at the BYU Bookstore.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I don't have it preordered. I was thinking of getting it at B&N, but I don't know yet if I'm doing the party thing there.

4. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Heh I'm still on Book 1. (I know. FINALLY, right?) But on page 10. [face_laugh] Still, it's progress!

-Mia

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Slowly but surely...
    Now get off and read! ;)

6. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I saw Harry Potter 5 at a midnight showing. I still don't know where I will be getting book 7 though. I also need to read book 6 this week before 7 comes out. I was on my mission when number 6 came out and haven't read it yet.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I was that way with Book 5, except I read it the same night that I got home.

8. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    You could check with local bookstores to see if you can still pre-order with any of them?

Ish, if you're getting it at the Bookstore, ... I'm confused. Are they having a pre-release party like B&N? (If the Bookstore isn't, why wouldn't you go through B&N?)

*Book 1, page 24*

-Mia

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    They have a 10 p.m. pre-release party.

10. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Ohh, I didn't know the Bookstore had one too. Awesome. I'm a bit afraid if I go to one, I might get spoiled for book 7. Maybe if I hightail it out of there before too many people get their books and go back to reading book 1 or 2 or whatever I'm on by then?

-Mia

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, mostly the danger is that you'll see something on the trivia sheet that spoils you. I'd stand in line with book 1 and read it very pointedly. :)

12. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Pssssh. Yeah, trivia sheet, what? No, I'm also afraid just people standing around talking will spoil me.

Grawr I need to get offline and stop chatting so much. LOL. And now it's past bedtime. Darn.

-Mia

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, pish, we'll protect you, Mia.

14. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    LOL thanks.

Hm. Getting ideas for my birthday party now. I may need to go to a party store to look.

*book 1, page 33* ...yes, I'm bad at getting down to reading.

-Mia

15. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Maybe you should just have someone read it to you[face_laugh] But what am I laughing about? I should be reading the 6th book right now instead of being online. I haven't started it yet and I need to finish it by friday night so I can start on the 7th as soon as I get it.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I wonder if it's too late to pre-order a book? 'Cause I just totally spaced on it. *worries*

17. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    LOL, I can't stand people reading to me if I can follow along. I'm a visual person, wanna be able to see the words.

It might be possible to pre-order a book? You could check with all the local bookstores, if you haven't already.

*book 1, page 41, and not even reading right now oops* I really am only spending like 5-10 minutes reading as I fall asleep each night. I'm not really trying to finish all 6 books by Friday, either, which is what everyone assumes. Heh.

-Mia

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    At BYU Bookstore, the price is now $27 because the 30% discount is now 25%. Just to warn you all.

19. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Whee! Can't wait til they release all 7 in a boxed set! I think I'd probably go for paperback just cause they're smaller

Really? The BEST part last night were protestors at the pre-release party. Me, kateydidnt, and Ish found a flier hung up near the bookstore we were at, citing scriptures that talked about sorcery and witchcraft being evil and how Christ was going to destory sorcerors and stuff like that. We laughed really hard and then I wrote "IT'S FICTION!" in caps at the top. [face_laugh] Seriously. It's fake, people. They're books.

Edit: Oh, yes. Book 1, page 63.

-Mia

20. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Book 6, page 347

I really wanna finish it so i can start on book 7

21. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    I made some progress today but kept falling asleep.

book 1, page 76. When I consider I've really only spent about a cumulative hour reading, my progress isn't bad. ;)

-Mia

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Congrats! You're almost to the much-more-interesting part of book 1!

23. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    LOL yes. Harry is currently in Ollivander's. Nothing broke when he tried out different wands, unfortunately!

page 84

-Mia

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, that was funny in the movie. :)

25. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I will be wearing my Mad-Eye Moody costume again this Friday. My mom works at a library and they always have a Harry Potter day near his birthday. She found out about my costume and signed me up to be there and help out. At the midnight party I had to come up with a signature for Alastor Moody, because I had kids asking for autographs, it was cool.