main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

London, ON ****Official Social Thread****

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    The movie was very good. I found Sylvia and her family to be very nice. It was a pleasure. Too bad the rest of you were unable to make it.

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    oh, you actually made it to the theatre... I was wondering about that. I had fun driving home at 2... wait, we didn't get out of the parking lot at work till almost 3... then none of the roads were plowed (except for Adelaide... I wonder how much that salt is going to rust my poor car :( )
    Now it's quarter to four, and I just got home. I couldn't even park properly in my driveway for all the snow!

But I love it :) :) :)

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    The bus moved slowly, but and the driver said he was 30 minutes late, but yeah, we got there.

4. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    was it a good movie?

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, I'm a huge Bond fan (I own all 19 of them) so it could have been a home movie of Brosnan on the can and I still would have liked it ;) but yeah, I thought it was good. Good villains, very good woman, nice car, good story... all the necessary touches. :)

The only problem I had was [spoilers] [hl=black]the cloaking feature for the car. I don't want the gadgets becoming too high-tech. I don't want Bond turning into sci-fi.[/hl]

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    hm... I think I"ve seen about a half hour total of a James Bond movie. And there are how many? 19?

7. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
  8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    19 released on video. 20 including DND. 7 released on DVD (Dr. No, Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence to Kill, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies).

9. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Like I said, I don't think I've seen more than half an hour of one, and it was one of the older ones.

10. PaulV

PaulV Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    Chris, all but Die another day are on dvd. The seven you said are reissues and there will be another set reissue next october. I know this beacuse i need only two more, Moonraker and the living daylights. I'll will have to wait either a year or two before they are reissue again. There are also never say never again, as well as Casnio Royal also on DVD
    Paul

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, Future Shop only has the reissues. Where would I find the others?

12. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm just bored and no one seems to be posting.... so I thought I'd just post some thoughts and this looked like the place to do it.

Most of my thoughts are about costumes, because that's mostly all I think about. I was wondering though, the elderly lady in the library in AOTC, is she a Jedi? If she is, she's the first one I've seen in a real dress.

Now that I've watched AOTC a few times, I'm noticing more of the costumes, what the similarities and differences are between the Jedi. I'll still have to look at some still shots, thank you Justin for the links, but I'm getting a better idea all the time of what makes a Jedi outfit.

I think that's all I'm thinking for now. I must have a boring life if my entertainment is hanging around a board waiting for someone to post so I can reply to it.

13. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Yup shes a Jedi...even has a lightsaber. Jocasta Nu :)

I think the Jedi costumes are pretty cool :) all the variations :)

14. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Check out [link=http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/down_with_love/]this[/link] trailer (giggles and bounces).

15. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Good, she is a Jedi. I designed a costume for myself and, surprise surprise, it's a dress. I still have to figure out what the robe/cloak will look like though. I even found boots today that fit. They aren't the best, but they'll do for now.

Interesting preview... could your interest be one of the stars???

16. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey its actually got some good actors :)

Jeri Ryan being one of them ;)

17. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    but is it any good? the preview actually does look interesting, and funny.

Jeri Ryan would be the reason Star Trek Voyager was so popular, correct?

18. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Jeri Ryan was the reason why the ratings increassed.. not the reason why it was popular.

Well at least not to the real fans.

19. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    well, the station I watched didn't start showing Voyager till third season. I haven't seen very many episodes without Jeri Ryan.

20. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Hey Matt, perhaps you can shed some light on this one....

It was my impression that the main writers/producers of TNG, moved to DS9 when the series was over. Then, they brought in the Dominion war, and made Ds9 better.

But then, when DS9 ended, they moved to Voyager, already in progress, and brought in 7of9, thereby making it more popular.

Finally, when VOY was done, they moved to Enterprise, and that's why Enterprise is doing so well, so soon.

Is this right? Or is there another reason?

21. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that Rick Berman, and Brannon Braga wrote for all of DS9 and VOY,

7 of 9 came in season 4, while DS9 was still going on. So even if they came on to VOY after DS9 was over it wouldn't have been them who brought in 7 of 9.

22. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Actually, Seven came in the third season, that's when NewPL/NewNX started playing Voyager.

23. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I just don't find Jeri attractive. And I think she's just a cameo.

24. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Janet, she came in the last episode of season 3, Scorpian Part 1. I don't really count that as being there for all of season 3, concidering she was still a full borg drone at that point.

25. CrazyMike

CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry folks, I was looking for a spot to jump into this thread. How are you all doing. On the subject of Star Trek what do you all think of Enterprise...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.