main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON *** OFFICIAL: Spoiler Discussions in Here ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sorry gents, but it wasn't "age" that turned him over the years. The "fantasy" element of this is that Palpatine is already older beyond compare.

Read the report again. It MAY be...but theres a good chance its not. It was speculation on the makeup tests.

Read particularly the first three words of the report.

EDIT: forgot a word

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Thrawn;

"You don't have to believe Captain, just be prepared to be proven wrong..."

;)

3. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Btw; Working title confirmed for Episode 3.
    It IS Revenge of the Sith.

Atually, it IS confirmed that Lucasfilm REGISTERED the DOMAIN. So we aren't likely going to be subjected to another "of the" title.

Ya know, I don't even remember seeing Ambu Fett in Attack of the Clones...

4. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Digital,

I'm prepared for whatever, just I don't like wild speculation to be thrown around as fact. Before tooting your own horn, take a step back, breathe and read it for what it is.

A THOUGHT, AN IDEA, not and I'll say this again, NOT A FACT. Not yet, and maybe not ever.

When a spoiler start out as "I don't know" Don't take it to mean "For a fact".

And yes Lucas may register jarjarforgovener.com, does it mean anything? no. He registered a few "titles" for AOTC too.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I seriously doubt its Revenge of the Sith.

All it takes is a bit of investigation to show there are problems with the registration that are very unlike Lucasfilm.

For example the following domains:

starwars.com, starwars.org, attackoftheclones.com and attackoftheclones.net are all clearly marked as being owned by Lucasfilm using a whois inquiry. The administrative contact and the DNS server info are all very plain.

revengeofthesith.net only lists register.com as the owner/contact, unlike every other Lucas owned domain. The domain expires in June 2004, starwars.com is set to expire in 2010, attack... is set for 2005. If the title is Revenge of the Sith why would Lucas only register it for one year? It will have to be renewed 11 months before the movie is set to come out in theatres!

Also its just .net, not the more important .com The .com version was registered in 2002 by someone in an apartment in LA. Again, its not registered like any other Lucas owned domain name.

Too many things make no sense, and certainly nothing about the domain name looks to me to be owned by Lucas. If anything its owned by cyber-squatters hoping to make a good buck.

Once again, I'm afraid to say that the TF.n people jumped on something without even simple basic research. Why didn't they call the registrar themselves? Why didn't they do what I did and simply look it up?

6. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Graeme:

I agree 100%, but keep in mind I said "working title," ergo, I'll be the first to admit that other titles are probably in the works. And the fact that Lucasfilm interests secured the title, further proves that there are "key words," to be considered.

Justin:

Do you always greet optimism with arrogance and rudeness? I begin to apprecaite the double meaning of your "fromer CR" title...

John;

I can certainly apprecaite why you'd doubt "Revenge of the Sith," to be the title, but consider this...

The majority of the spy reports have proved to be reliable since Ep1. The spy report on Revenge of the Sith is from a reliable source.

Now for the title itself; Despite some concerns for another "of the" title, its not unreasonable to expect this to follow for the next movie.

Lucas cites his titles from the old pulp serial classics. Do you know how many "Revenge of the-" titles were back there in the day?

Also, like all the past movies, changes are made on how the public precieves and how the movie is marketed. Its a darker film. Modern themes, would embrace the "Revenge motif,"

A lot of angry, sullen youth out there... ;)

In keeping with the flow of the OT, the title of the last episode describes how that saga will end.

The OT ended with a "Return of the Jedi," to the galaxy. Just as the PT will end with "Revenge of the Sith." on the galaxy.

-The Jedi order will be disbanded, the followers destroyed.

-The chosen one was used by the very dark Lord to destroy his enemies.

-The dark Lord will retain complete control over the military and governmental bodies the very Jedi protected for millenia.

-An old thorn in the Sith's side (Padme) will finally be removed for all time.

if that isn't REVENGE then I don't know what is.

The very hint of the title has been around since 83' with the original "Revenge of the Jedi;" A good title. George wanted to use it, but with Paramounts, "Wrath of Khan," and the fact that a Jedi won't take revenge, they removed it.

A Sith certainly would take revenge, and that's the entire arc of the PT.

Maul; "...at last we shall have revenge..."

Edit:

Anyway, that's my 0.02 cents. I'm citing more then just the force.net for my "confidence" that Revenge of the Sith is the title of the movie.

One dosen't have to accept it, but one shouldn't get their dander up either...

7. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Justin:

Do you always greet optimism with arrogance and rudeness? I begin to apprecaite the double meaning of your "fromer CR" title...

You can only read rudness if thats what you want to see. I meant no harm nor foul with my post, only to point out that I may not be the wrong wrong in the matter, you could be too. Take a step back, read the post again.

There is no double meaning from my FORMER CR Title. It means simply this: I held the London CR position while Lelila was in Toronto for her summer. Thats it.

8. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    That's good.

Then we understand each other.

9. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm, I don't want to see this turn into an argument. Lets keep it civil please?

Do a simple whois check on the domain. Its not owned by Lucasfilm. No variation of the name (.com, .net, .org) is owned by Lucasfilm. If it was it will say so. Compare the whois report to any other known domain owned by Lucasfilm and you'll see what I mean.

Consider this. The name has been bandied about on the net for several months now. The one domain name registered was over a year ago. There have been polls on websites asking fans for their vote for the Ep 3 name and that name has been a popular choice.

Considering the popularity you can see why somebody would register the name. They hope to make a quick buck.

Now also consider Lucas has never accepted a fan generated name for his movies yet. What if he did pick Revenge of the Sith? First thing that will happen is several people will come forth claimig they originated the title and want to see money/compensation for contributing.

Plain and simple I don't think its the title, working or not. Even the report on the Episode 3 page doesn't make it clear that its a true, from the set, spy report. All that is cited is other posters from the JC.

10. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Good points.

However in this case, I doubt Lucas would let public estimates dictate his decision for a title.

First of all, the title is based in part on something he already conceived.

"Revenge," was first used in '83 as a 'code' name for his early draft.

"-of the Jedi," pretty much spells it out for the viewers what the plot is about.

For someone to replace "Jedi" with "Sith," could easily be explained as being the exact opposite of the OT.

Which is what the whole arc of the story is.

Now; On the topic of "other domains" registering. I've heard of Lucasfilm interests using "other" companies to mask their movements.

Especially in the age of "information" access, this would help to cover their tracks further.

11. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    That title is in no way confirmed as the working title of ep3 - don't buy into that. Just because a rumor says that Lucasfilm paid for the domain name doesn't mean that it is true or that "Revenge of the Sith" is the title for the movie. It could very well be the title of an upcoming video game or for 1 of his kids or for a different company altogether - the point is we will not know until Uncle George tells us.

As far as Palpi "presenting a saber" to Anakin - that is a very far stretch at best. Anakin will most probably build his Sith Saber - he will also carry a Graflex in the movie. The Vader saber is, from what multiple people can tell, based on the Barbican saber which is even uglier than the ROTJ saber.

Now where is your "proof" to support a spoiler that Palpi ordered the clones - put up the link to where you saw the spoiler, tell us where it is if it is Hyperspace content, or don't believe every rumor you hear. If it is legit and a proven spoiler I will come back and publically say I was wrong. But I have been following the rumor mill since ep2 ended and, as far as I have seen, there is no definitive proof to support that rumor.

The only thing you can beleive is that Anakin turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader - plain and simple. That is the only real "true spoiler" to the movies.

Everything else is speculation - until it comes from Lucas himself.

Dave

12. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Intriguing new Anakin tidbits from the Rumour mill.

Seems that he is not only the center ofthe story line but is a tool to tie up the lose ends left between episode 2 and 4.

As some alreayd know it is Anakin who helps resuce a captured Palpatine. After this (and an elborate ship plumeting towards Coruscant sequence) Palpatine moves to step up security. He apparently asks to have Anakin made his body guard. Obviously an attempt to corrupt the most powerful Jedi in the Galaxy away from his supposed destiny and create the character we all know and love: Darth Vader.

Anakin is also growing more cocky. According to the lastest rumours he slays dooku in the battle to free Palpatine and this is supposed to occur fairly early in the movie. Now with Obi-wan gone on his own little mission, Anakin under the tutelage of Palpatine/Sidious and with the growing pride he has built in his power he is slowly being corrupted.

Step in Mace Windu who has an elborate battle with Anakin and is severly beaten. I am wondering whether this will be his last battle. According to the rumours this is where he makes his final turn to the darkside.

Now whether this is all true or not we will have to wait until May 2005 to find out for sure, but it is interesting. And for me it ties up the loose ends with great satisfaction. The rest I am sure we can all fill in ourselves. Anakin turns, Padme has the kids, Ben takes Luke and goes into hiding, Padme takes Leia and does the same. Yoda stays on Degobah. Enter Episode 4.

13. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    I'll probably get another lecture for this, but it would appear that that's exactly the way the story arc will play out.

This "Darth Friday," is quite the insider, that fed very reliable reports about Episode 2 as well.

I believe this. You'll note in this plot how its arranged to get Obi-Wan out of the way for Palpatine to work his verbal spells on Anakin.

Ironically, it'll be Anaking that gets sent out to "apprehend" Obi-Wan when same is declared a renegade.

14. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    wonders what other spoilers are out there

15. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Has anyone seen the latest spoilers? The latest ones realeased are quite extensive!

They speak of how the Clones turn on their comanders, (one that obi-wan has to kill, which is quite hard on him, since he had befriended this particular clone during the wars), and they also speak about the wookies, and how they're introduced.

Yoda say's his famous line, "Away with you weapons, I mean you no harm" to them. Don't expect them to be giant Ewoks! They're technology is advanced aswell (no wonder the empire used Wookiee slaves). We also see why Han tells you never to anger a wookiee. (Pulling out of the arms and the such).

Here's the url : http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#22311

It's called To.Many.Spoilers. for a reason!

16. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Nothing new to report is there?

Lets see if Mitch keeps his promise to stay spoiler free! :p

17. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Dunno if this has been posted yet, but this was on slashdot:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1371/news?item_id=3338937

And I dunno if it's been posted because I don't wanna read the spoilers to find out ;)

18. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Ah the leaked footage.

Yup, those in the know have seen it.

I've only watched it once and wasn't paying extreme attention to it. Would like to see it a few more times to catch all the bits that people have pointed out.

Even with that disclaimer I was going ga-ga over it. It doesn't show finished footage. Actually I wonder how much of it did show was actualy from the filming camera. Lots of scenes looked like they were filmed by secondary cameras for documentary reasons, so you aren't seeing the action as it will be framed on the screen.

But of course maybe once I watch it a bit more closer I'll change my mind. :)

19. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I thought a few of the shots were rather telling. I guess if nothing else, this kind of material makes the wait a little less hard....

20. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Just upping this before it gets locked for inactivity.

21. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Episode 3 title confirmed. A'la my claim since Oct. 7th 2003.

My time machine works!!!!

:p

22. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Well somebody registered that domain in June of 1999.

Their time machine must work better!

23. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Copyright Infringement! I'll sue-!!!!

*Kneels before Lucas*

-My liege....

:p

24. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Ok ROTJ DVD has been....ahem...viewed :D Hayden has been inserted instead of Sebastien Shaw during the scene as a spirit. Shaw is still playing Anakin in the flesh.

Also, Naboo is in the end celebration.

25. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Now that's a spoiler!...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.