main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Star Wars: Forces of Destiny Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Diego Lucas, Apr 12, 2017.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I am aware men will appear. It would be weird if not a single male is seen in the show.

But it is true that none of the shorts will have a man be the spotlight character.

2. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Yess!!! I am more than happy (not only because now I know Hera survives till ROTJ) with this announcement. I love the animation and I really like the idea behind this series.
    Although I do wish they added Asajj as well...

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh noes!! men are not in the spotlight?! pfft....pleeeeeease. It's the 21st Century. Get over it.

Back to the real topic at hand - it's quite smart to use a short episodes to fill in on the canon, without having to repeatedly pump out new books and comics. I'm guessing Ahsoka episode(s) will finally fill in the missing gaps from TCW?

4. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    It's 16 shorts, it's hard to know what characters will and won't show up. The list of the people mentioned are Ahsoka, Padmé, Anakin, Sabine, Ketsu, Chopper, Hera, Jyn, Leia, Han and Maz. It's possible Asajj will get to show up in one of these.

Hoping to see Aphra tho, that would be cool.

And I am always up for animated stuff, so I am excited for the microseries.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    With the likes of Han and Anakin thrown into the mix, with Maz too, these are probably going to be 'lore' episodes. Again, I think this is very smart by Disney - especially since not every fan is going to bury themselves in a mountain of books and comics to learn more about their favourite character.

Come, let us light great fires and worship The Great Mouse and all His glory.

Loth-cat likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Needless to say I am beyond excited by this news. Animation is similar to Tangled the animated series which started last month but from what I've seen I like it so far. As for the crossover between eras, I suppose they meant Hera/Leia on Endor, probably Sabine or Hera meeting Jyn on Yavin and Maz/everyone since she's the narrator of the story. For Ahsoka, we just saw her with her TCW costume but if we see her in her Rebels costume we may see her adventures between TCW and Rebels or with Sabine and Hera, maybe even show in details what happened to her after the season 2 finale.

CoolyFett and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I was thinking Maz might be the narrator as well.

Did they give how long this project will be - in terms of seasons?

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    There will be a sneak peak during the Heroines of Star Wars panel on Friday, hopefully they'll tell us there.

wobbits likes this.
  9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    So just female focused? Kind of a waste of potential IMO

Still having said that I am excited for this, hope we get a dvd release when the shorts are complete. Also they can't forget the single best female character in star wars for these shorts- Rae Sloane!

All I have to do is suck up my misogynist pride and accept that I won't be see MY role models (Obi Wan, Luke, Kanan) doing anything worthwhile in these shorts. If I was ten years old I might be inclined to think men are the weaker sex :p (Joke)

10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008

If they made a micro series that only had male heroes in the spotlight, I would be complaining about the lack of women.

You would also be making a strong point that lack of female spotlight in a micro series sucks.

Im not a fan of the decision to focus on just women because it is lost potential for storytelling.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    OK this made me beyond excited! :D
    I was literally thinking just the other day that Lucasfilm should do a new 2D animated micro series, so this was the best possible news! [face_dancing]

I love the idea of this show - to focus on the female heroes is absolutely the way to go if you ask me. Even though the latest couple of movies have had female leads, women are still underrepresented in Star Wars, and I'm thrilled that's changing.
    And come on, you people who can't stand Star Wars without a dash of testosterone - we know several male heroes will appear as well (Matt Lantern is back as Anakin for example).

I also love that it's an anthology series, taking place all across the Saga. The only problem I have with that is that I won't know where on my shelf I should put the DVD :p

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  13. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    One really good thing about the 2d style is that it's cheap therefore we won't be seeing the EXCAT same imperial officer drawing replicated a dozen times over with only an over large hat to fool us.

One thing I am curious about is whether we'll get multiple shorts for certain characters like Rey, Leia or they're just going for a one story per character every "season" design?

Also, Who else wants an academy short focussing on Ciena Ree with a cameo by Thane?

14. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Looks good! It will be nice to see Padme again. Hopefully it's a success so it can run for another season and introduce some of the lesser known female characters like Duchess Satine, or dare I hope Princess Kneesaa and Kea Moll.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, it seems Leia has at least two stories - one on Hoth and one on Endor.

MandaloreRex2015 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  16. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I have a funny feeling that if these shorts get a "second season" fan backlash (us males still adjusting to the sudden prominence of strong female leads :p) will cause Lucasfilm to make at least a few male led short stories to go with the female ones.

Though obviously they'll dress it up by saying that "It was always their intention to foucs on the females first before branching off into the whole universe's cast"

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    *sighs*

There will not be a backlash; Forces of Destiny is not aimed at mature fans.

18. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Hey, I can't argue with more Sabine. The animation looks simple but neat.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Disney is unlikely to blow the animation budget on a online animated series.

20. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    You'd think that between 7 feature films, 3 animated series, comics galore, video games galore, books galore all with very male centric plots, people wouldnt get so bent out of shape over a series of very short shorts that focuses on already well established female characters....But hey! Some people can't quite catch on that not everything is for them.

This is primarily for young girls. That is the goal of this series and line of products: to engage young girls into the star wars universe with stories and heroines they can relate to. The next step is for them to watch the rest of this still super male centric franchise and relate to and engage with the male heroes because Star Wars is awesome.

15 years down the line you're going to start seeing women and men at Celebration who got hooked on star wars because of this show. That's what this is all about and I'm glad they're taking small steps to balance the scales a bit more.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

21. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    This was the very last type of project I expected to be announced. What a treat to be surprised with something with this much potential. This is going to be fun.

22. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm really excited for this. It looks pretty good. I guess Padme is going to be in it too?

TetsuAero likes this.
  23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Yeah, she is.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  24. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    It's great to see a focus on the female heroes, I'm in the group that thinks Ventress should be included from the Dark Disciple novel. I'd also like to see Talzin included from the Son of Dathomir comics when she went up against Sidious, Dooku, and Grievous to save her son.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Some food for thought..

If Hera is set appear and in the RoTJ timeline, then surely Rebels is ending soon? I know Rogue One already noted she was still alive, but still.