main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You're right. Which means even Ahsoka could very well exist into and beyond the OT.

2. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I really don't think she's alive at all. I suppose she could be. I do hope they clear this up for sure either way, before the end of the series.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's still all speculation. We saw her descending down those stairs on Malachor after her fight with Vader.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She did not die that episode. I would rather have her die on screen, but if she happened to have died off screen, then I guess that’s just what it will be.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    If she died off screen, it is likely being left to be explained at a later date.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well it's already been mentioned that she'll have some role to play at some point within the last several episodes of Rebels.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Is there a source for that information, or was that somebody's speculation? I think they would have used the midseason trailer to tease that. They haven't been very secretive in their trailers and that would have been a big hype factor.
    I think that realistically, we have no reason at this point to believe we'll see Ahsoka again in Rebels. I remember after the S2 finale, Dave or somebody official, said that Ahsoka's story in Rebels was over. Any mention of her since then might have been a misdirect.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I do think there are a lot of different ways that they could take Ahsoka's character and make it fit into Canon without effecting the OT. One of the thinkgs I often harken back to is the conversation that Kanan and Ahsoka had in "Children of the Force" I think in season 2. After she dueled the Inquisitors and they were back on the Ghost, Kanan mentioned that the Force was still being born in Children throughout the Galaxy, but without a Jedi Order it basically up to them to protect them from the Empire.

So I wonder if that is a possible story idea? Ahsoka did encounter the one child in her novel, but didn't believe at that time that she could help her. Maybe 20 years later she changed her mind? Maybe that is how Mortis is going to factor in? Perhaps Mortis becomes a Sanctuary of sorts?

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    "Now I do know what's next for Ahsoka," Eckstein told SYFY WIRE's Lisa Granshaw at San Diego Comic-Con. "For so long I didn't know, so I could honestly say, 'I don't know!' Dave Filoni has come out and said publicly that we will see Ahsoka again in [Star Wars] Rebels, so I can say that! In my opinion, there's still a lot left to tell with Ahsoka."

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/ashley-eckstein-teases-ahsokas-future-on-star-wars-rebels-at-sdcc

Is there a source that shows someone suggesting her story was "over"?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I found it, but I misremembered.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03...ni-on-ahsokas-fate-mauls-return-and-much-more

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So that's essentially a vague statement that Filoni made before the Finale of Season 2. There's certainly been other hints, more recently, that would claim otherwise. Not even talking about Ashley's own statement about returning; but it's obvious there will be some Mortis connection in an upcoming episode. I don't think it's possible to cover anything related to Mortis and not include Ahsoka in some form. Not to mention the green and white convor. I believe there is some hidden message regarding that bird who bears the same colors as The Daughter, who first appeared on Malachor after Ahsoka's fight with Vader.

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, there is a quote or quotes from Filoni where he says Ahsoka will be back in Rebels in some form before the end. I believe it was at the last Celebration in 2017, but I can't find the actual quote.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I remember him saying in a podcast shortly after the season 2 finale that Ahsoka's time on rebels is done but then by the time of Celebration Europe in July 2016, he said the overwhelming response to TotA made him change his mind (not for season 3 since it was already done by that point).

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The bottom line is that nothing is official regarding the fate of the characters appearing in either TCW or Rebels (outside of the franchise mainstays like Vader, and Hera, who made the appearance in the Forces of Destiny short on Endor with Han and Leia).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    that was kind of random. I guess Thrawn is the gloating type in canon?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If that were true then you think she will appear in the back half of this season? Where would they fit her story in?

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just looking at Hera helpless like that makes me want to reach out and strangle Thrawn.

Miriedis likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I think he's just trying to get under her skin. I was surprised that he didn't destroy the Kalikori in front of her.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    That seems like it would be out of character, especially considering we saw how badly he reacted to the idea of it being destroyed in Season 3...

TheRedBlade likes this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I mean yeah. But at the same time Thrawn knows what will and won't hurt people. He uses that to his advantage.

Miriedis and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  22. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    But what would be the gain for Thrawn though? He's already got Hera beat, or so he believes, and he's just proved that he understands her so other than kicking her when she's down ...what purpose would it serve for him? He's a character driven by pragmatism, not sadism.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  23. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I think Pryce had lots of trouble with getting any answers from Hera. So Thrawn came, got under her skin, and told Pryce that now she can continue. The prisoner is not so strong anymore.

I don't like that brother thing much, but I admire Thrawn's tactics.

24. The Original Sith

The Original Sith Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2017
    I will just say this. Kanan’s death was more dramatic and emotional than Han’s and Luke’s.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Here's my take. I was never all that drawn to Kanan as a whole; but it was really his chemistry with Hera that got to me. I feel bad for her more than I do just on missing Kanan, if that makes sense.