main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Kanan on his own would’ve been fine for that. You didn’t need to add Ezra as well

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm happy if Thrawn doesn't die, but seriously they introduced person who killed him back in canon so... seems bad for him.

3. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I can't help but wonder if, at the start of the finale trailer, Thrawn is talking to Ezra about Jedi not having the vision/ambition? (I could not hear that right) to wield the force. It makes me wonder if Thrawn is underestimating Ezra as a person, and might lead to his defeat (not necessarily death)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    MrDarth0 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Filoni is a great storyteller. People forget he directed most of the first season of Avatar the last airbender which shows just how talented he is as a filmmaker who just happens to work in animation.

6. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I agree. Until the new Disney films, Filoni resurrected a lot of fan enthusiasm for the franchise with The Clone Wars that was lost after the prequels, and the quality has continued in my opinion. I certainly hope that he has a major role in one of the animated or live action series coming out. His writing was good enough that it helps make ROTS a better movie in my opinion, with all the additional backstory he gave in TCW.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Roosterq and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He'll be involved in the future animated projects at least. Last year he was promoted to the head of Lucasfilm Animation.

8. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Dave needs control of more, he gets the fans and the fans get him, He brings you towards star wars if you're slightly.

Roosterq and TadoFett like this.
  9. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    My wish would be to fire the entire storytelling group and promote Dave to the head creative person. He's the only one that knows how to write Star Wars in that building. Lucas mentored him and it shows in everything he does. TFA, TLJ and Rogue One would have been better films if Dave were allowed to lead the charge.

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, what I love about Dave is he genuinely loves Star Wars. All Star Wars. That’s what I want from a creative making Star Wars, to bring it all in and not dismiss anything. Most of the new directors just focus on the OT and seem to disregard anything else (except RJ, he likes the prequels and actually used them as influence in some scenes). I kind of roll my eyes nowadays when new creatives come on and give the cliche “SW captured my imagination back in ‘77!” (*cough*the GoT creators*cough*) and just feels phony. But with Dave, he loves SW, even before he started working on it you can just tell from interviews he was passionate to work on it. He takes inspiration all across the board, from all the movies, games, books, comics... That’s who I want to make SW content, someone who just gets it more than just the OT.

11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Heaven forbid an incredibly influential movie was... incredibly influential.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    The new generation of SW fans were definitely primed by what Filoni's done with TCW and Rebels. I definitely saw that with my own kids.

In my opinion the new films have followed through on that promise with quality storytelling, but yeah, at times they fall back on OT nostalgia above all else. Let's not forget: the Rebels premiere preceded any Disney theatrical release, and it brought back and refreshed the iconic OT imagery -- it had the classic designs in a period that was totally appropriate for them -- but also tied in the PT, TCW and nods to the EU.

I believe the films, and the books and comics, are good stuff. But Filoni's work is the glue, while still being its own story that's involving and moving on its own. I really bristle at folks who slam him for protecting his "pet characters", because those characters are beloved on their own... I'm sure some folks with that complaint wish that someone had been looking out for *their* pet characters elsewhere in the saga.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The story group does not write Star Wars. All they do is make sure everthing flows better then it did in Legends.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just an FYI in case no one has posted about it before; I noticed that Disney XD will be showing a full marathon of Rebels, starting from the very first episode, this coming Sunday. It'll start in the morning with a handful of episodes up until noon I think, and then take a "break" until the evening when it starts up again. Will be playing all the way through the night.

15. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    I enjoyed all the seasons to be honest, each bit hit me. Kanan whipping out that saber for the first time and seeing Kallas just go with that facial expression.

I wanna see more Hera in the future too...

16. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    To be honest without Rebels, I wouldn't have any real excitement for SW right now. TLJ, was a pretty big bust for me. I'm not a new fan by any means. I saw the Original Star Wars in theaters in 77, so SW has been a part of my life since I was 10. It makes me sad in a way that the only thing Star Wars I get excited for is a ancillary TV cartoon made for kids. I think Disney is missing an opportunity not having Filoni play a much larger creative roll in all aspects of Star Wars.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    LadyZ, revan772 and Merric like this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well even if he doesn't contribute significantly to the live action films, at least there's been some tributes that no one can deny.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    I want him involved with the films more, but not to let the doors open to a new head of animation! He needs to stay on that.

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The new Vader comic is my monthly Star Wars fix. Even TLJ didn't compare to it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There is a difference between animation and live action and who is to say he can handle it the same.

revan772 likes this.
  21. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    I think he could do both.. Just don't want the main focus to move away from Animation.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just would rather have them not risk it. Dave is good when it comes to animation so he should stick to it.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    It is very possible that he is very content in what he is doing now. Sure I'd love to see him try his hand at live action, but at the same time I wouldn't want something pushed on him that he has no desire to do.

24. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    Filoni's stories feel more like Star Wars to me than TLJ. That's the only reason I would think he would translate well to the live action mediums.

25. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Do you guys think there is any chance Ezra will survive rebels and actually be one of Luke's students/fellow Jedi but maybe dies when Kylo Ren attacks the temple? I personally like that.