main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    You'll probably never see those characters' on-screen deaths - it's unnecessary, especially given their animated forms. It's not as if the recent on-screen deaths of other beloved characters in this franchise has brought thunderous cries of fan joy and ticker tape parades held in honor of Lucasfilm. Or for that matter, bountiful box office revenues on subsequent offerings.

(And for those who for some reason just have to see Ahsoka die on screen, the Mortis and Yoda arcs are available on disc and streaming. She's crossed that item off her "interesting things to do with my life" list for Pete's sake.)

RaptorMusic likes this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    God, I hate that gif. It's so snotty and telling.

Apparently, some Jedi younglings never had it impressed upon them how rude it is considered to roll one's eyes at someone in quite the same way it was instilled in me. :p Still, it's illustrative of one of Ahsoka's character flaws and every character has to have them. (I just wanted her to be better than that.)

Did I miss some announcement (I may have) about Ahsoka Tano having a role in the ST, or are we just engaging in an exercise of wishful thinking, here?

ETA: But you know what? I just caught myself. I'm taking this off topic and it's my duty to keep that in check, not contribute to it.

I'm disappointed in what was done with Tano in Rebels. There. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    She picked up the attitude from her Master. You can't convince me otherwise.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't doubt it! ;)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Dapper Droid

Dapper Droid Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2017
    So when is Donald Faison's Ahsoka and Sabine show premiering?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not sure about Faison's show; but if Filoni will take the realm of a follow-up show to Rebels it'll most likely be after the new TCW episodes are released.

7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I prefer if Ashokas and Ezra's tales are not further explored in a tv series. They have had plenty of screen time already. Let their continued stories be told in comics/books. Save another series for something else.

Vizzy91, RogueZero, themoth and 2 others like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. Time for new characters and new conflicts.

EHT likes this.
  9. Dapper Droid

Dapper Droid Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2017
    Have to disagree. Star Wars is a story about the Skywalker family and how they affected the galaxy. Ahsoka is just as much a part of the Skywalker family at this point as Luke or Anakin. Her story needs to be told to the end as possibly even beyond, just as Anakin's, Luke's and Obi-wan's are.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agree. I liked the way the series ended too. It had a nice balance of hope and sadness.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Fine, but that goes for Thrawn as well. Especially considering he's already got two complete novels to boot.

12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I find it interesting that neither Ezra nor Kanan ever had a rematch against Darth Vader. He trounced them both easily in Season Two on Lothal and Malachor respectively. But they never had another chance to face him because Vader didn't consider them to be worth his time after he thought he had killed Ahsoka. Given how one-sided both fights were, I suppose a rematch would have ended the same way. But it's interesting that neither Ezra nor Kanan had a real lightsaber duel against an enemy Force-wielder after Season Two. Ezra's brief duel with a Nightsister-possesed Sabine and Kanan's practice duel with Sabine don't count. Kanan didn't even get a rematch against Maul.

I wonder why there was such a lack of lightsaber duels in the latter two seasons after the dearth of duels we got in the first two.

13. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Vader had served his narrative purpose on the show - to be the lost master that Ahsoka had to let go of as part of teaching Ezra to let go of his own master.

As for the shift away from lightsaber duels, part of that was no doubt copping to the "we can't have force wielders showing off in the OT" protests, but it also fit the show's arc for the characters - that the final Jedi rite of passage was about sacrifice, not lightsaber skillz.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Rukh somewhat filled that niche with his electrostaff. Ezra had an extended duel against him in the finale. I think the convenient answer is they didn't want a force villain to distract from Maul in Season 3 and they didn't want more Inquisitors running around so close to the OT in Season 4. Also important to note, Sidious would have wanted Vader nowhere near Lothal at the time of Season 4. If Vader accessed the Lothal Temple's gateway to the World Between Worlds, it would have been game over for Darth Sidious.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  15. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    I finally finished Rebels and man what a ride, I loved it. I liked how it ended with Sabine, my favorite Rebels character. The only thing I didn’t get is how Ashoka somehow stayed out of the events of the Galactic Civil War. What with Obi-Wan and Yoda saying that Luke and Leia were the only hope left for the light. Guess Ashoka went deep into hiding herself. I dunno. Aside from that tiny thing, I was happy with the ending and I truly loved this whole show.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, the Ahsoka staying out of the GCW bothered me as well. But perhaps it was simply because she was stuck on Machalor for 5 years and waited for a ship to flyby :)

chrcharcor2 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  17. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Ahsoka carving "HELP" on the surface with her lightsabers and waving them around every time a ship may be flying by is a hilarious image

Especially if she messed up a few times and the surface of Malachor is now covered in the word "Help" in various stages of literacy

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Was Malachor itself on the route of friendly (or even enemy) ships during the GCW? Because otherwise that would just be a lost cause.

19. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    It's part of the Outer Rim Territories, which while unlikely, isn't impossible for someone to fly by it

Although with hyperspace routes being a thing people use to zip around the galaxy, it does seem unlikely that someone would bother to stop by a dead planet for any reason, but Ahsoka got off it at some point after Return of the Jedi so she could become Ahsoka the White and join Sabine on her Wacky Space Adventures to find Ezra, so...

Unless Ahsoka somehow learned Luke's trick of Force Projection and is using the power of the planet to boost it without killing herself...

Who knows

20. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    And it could be off of a hyperspace route.

21. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    I'm starting to think that anything Dave Filoni does or creates just creates conflict and no enjoyment.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  23. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    You can see that from basically any TCW or Rebels chat

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    This place would be an absolute deadzone if it weren't for Dave Filoni's creativity. If you like TCW (which I think you do from your avatar), than you have Dave Filoni to thank for it.

25. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    I do thank Dave for the great content he has provided but saying Star Wars would be a deadzone is an understatement. We would still have EU content to look forward to in the years to come.