main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I meant this forum (TV threads) would certainly be a deadzone. There'd be really nothing to talk about except for the Lego series. Whoopee.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  2. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    You forgot the 03 show. The "OG" show

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That entire series was barely enough to fit on two DVDs. I don't count that among something that so many people would be talking about 15 years later.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    TK-421 Is vader and chrcharcor2 like this.
  4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    It's been a decade since TCW came out and people still find things to talk about

It's been four decades since A New Hope came out and people still find things to talk about

I don't think it'd be an issue

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    So, today I finished making a Rebels music video that is basically a kind of parody about how overpowered the rebels are, particularly Hera, Ahsoka, and especially Sabine. I personally don't like Rebels, so I created this video basically to make fun of just how ridiculous the rebels feats are sometimes and showcase how the rebels truly "never lose." However, I think if you enjoy the show, and particularly if you are a fan of Hera, Sabine, or Ahsoka (I myself am an Ahsoka fan), you will still be able to enjoy the video. Anyway, I hope all who watch, whether they love or hate Rebels, will be able to enjoy.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  6. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    Is this meant to throw shade at Rebels?

7. Pain and Suffering

Mar 8, 2015
    What do you mean? It's meant to be for fun, whether you like the show or not, not to offend anyone.

8. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    I mean throwing shade at the characters and how they never fail and are "overpowered".

9. Pain and Suffering

Mar 8, 2015
    How the video is perceived depends on the person viewing it. If you like the show, then you can admire how awesome the characters are. If you don't, then the video does sort of take a jab at how overpowered the characters are. To quote Qui-Gon, "Your focus determines your reality". I am not a fan of Rebels because it just too often seems too implausible to me because the heroes almost always come out on top in some way or other, so I take more of the latter view, but this video is really designed to be for everyone and not a controversial topic.

Apologies if I offended anyone.

TK-421 Is vader and MrDarth0 like this.
  10. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I am a fan of Rebels, and I enjoyed the video. It was very much a "girrrrrl power" montage.

Pain and Suffering likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Having this thread not be stickied anymore really shows that things are changing fast. Soon they will stop creating new tags for shows. :p

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  13. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or we'll have to steal tags from one show and give them to another. (RIP Forces of Destiny tag)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Gone to soon.

16. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just an FYI, I met both Vanessa Marshall and Taylor Gray at a local convention yesterday. I talked about it in the Hera thread.

18. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    Alright: rank your favorite voice actors/actresses from Rebels.

Go

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    there's not enough Steve Blums in this picture

20. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    I mean you can't fit everyone even though there should be some more Steve Blums

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well Filoni probably imagines himself as a space cowboy, so that's at least one extra Blum. [face_cowboy]

22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It occurs to me, upon a rewatch, that the arrival of the Purgill to defeat Thrawn is very much an homage to the Ents storming Isengard at the end of The Two Towers. It goes back to Filoni's fondness for Lord of the Rings and inserting similarities to it in Rebels. The Purgill even make the same noise that the Ents made when they marched. I guess that makes Thrawn an expy of Saruman. Given that they both serve the Big Bad, I suppose it's a good comparison.

23. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    Is that a good thing or not?

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s the one thing I really like about Filoni. His LOTR references/ echoes. Though my favorite of that stripe is the TCW episode when Maul comes back, with the talking snake as Gollum, spider Maul as Shelob, and the hellish trash planet as Mordor. Really excellently done without being smack on the nose.

It’s when he lapses into what he things is appropriate Star Wars silliness, like helisabers, that he loses his way.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  25. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    You really blew my mind. I didn't realize that Maul arc connects to LOTR.

Bor Mullet likes this.