main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I think you're assuming, wrongly, that relationships are defined by when and how often the words "I love you" are spoken aloud. And I think you're also wrongly assuming that lovers who don't frequently verbalize their feelings, or may have trouble verbalizing those feelings in conventional terms, are somehow loving less deeply than those who do.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The best example would be Leia and Han's relationship in the OT. Up until late in ESB, she was brushing his constant flirtatious moves on her like it was child's play. Was Kanan that way with Hera during Rebels?

3. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I completely agree. Kanan is a character who seems to put his crew first; Hera always puts the Rebellion first. Hera seems almost like she gets so caught up in fighting for the Rebellion, she's forgotten the people she's fighting for in the first place.

I actually really did like Kanan and Hera's relationship a lot for like the first two seasons, to the point where I thought it had the potential of being one of the best if not the best romantic relationships in Star Wars. I think it could have just been a tad bit more forefront, but they had a more comfortable and established relationship that was more subtle and distinguished them from other couples. One qualm I had is that I wished they would have been a married couple from the start of the season, because I felt that their relationship had that kind of dynamic.

But then this dynamic really regresses in season four when it is called into question whether the two actually loved each other at all. It makes no sense to shoehorn this issue into the last season, when as a viewer I thought they had been already established as a couple. And it becomes really creepy when you realize that the two had a kid on the way, when they didn't even know if they loved each other.

Having an all-encompassing empathy for all people is definitely a good trait, but ignoring your friends while doing so isn't. Besides, Anakin may have turned to the dark side in order to attempt to save Padme, but he was redeemed to the light side because of his desire to save Luke, his son. He didn't save Luke for the Rebellion, or the Empire, or to help thousands, but because of the love he felt for his son.

Also, Luke is focused on protecting his friends while fighting in the Rebellion. Ezra is the same; he is more focused on his Ghost crew family and decides to fight in the Rebellion because it's what his adopted family does, and gradually develops the will to fight to protect others because of what he learns from his family and friends. Basically, I feel like there's a way to fight for a bigger cause and still show that you care about your family.

But with Hera, it's a bit hard to see. I mean, when her boyfriend gets captured by the Imperials in season 1, she thinks it is too risky to attempt to save him. But when her kalikori gets stolen by the Imperials, she doesn't care about the risks, she just goes in to save it. I mean, I get it's a precious heirloom and very special and meaningful to Hera, but is Kanan really less important to her than her kallikori?

Vialco likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Now that's pretty!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    From the Amazon page:
    [​IMG]

The Art of Star Wars Rebels Hardcover – October 1, 2019

by Dan Wallace

An incredible hardcover amassing art and creator commentary chronicling four seasons of adventure in a galaxy far, far away!

In the early days of the rebellion, a tight-knit group of rebels from various backgrounds banded together against all odds to do their part in the larger mission of defeating the Galactic Empire, sparking hope across the galaxy.

The award-winning team from Lucasfilm Animation brought the beloved occupants of the Ghost into our homes five years ago, now, take a step behind-the-scenes to witness the journey from paper to screen with The Art of Star Wars Rebels. Featuring never-before-seen concept art and process pieces along with exclusive commentary from the creative team behind the show, Dark Horse Books and Lucasfilm proudly present the official look inside one of the galaxy's most beloved shows.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    A year ago today, Rebels ended. Overall, I remember this series fondly because (1) we got a good story from beginning to end, (2) it wasn't cancelled and Dave Filoni and team actually got to finish it on their terms, (3) it had a good mix of Force related and non Force related activities, (4) for better or worse, Dave was able to continue stories that he didn't get to finish in The Clone Wars cartoon, (5) it's far superior than what we're currently getting from Kaz and crew in Resistance, (6) Chopper and Hera live on in canon in Rogue One and the comics, and last, but certainly not least, (7) Dave and team left us wanting more and hopefully we'll get more stories concerning Ezra, Thrawn, Sabine and Ahsoka in the not to distant future. #RebelsRemembered

Vizzy91 and TheCloneWarsForever like this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Im a bit disappointed we haven't seen more of the crew in the comics or other media yet. There's still so much left to be told. Hera's had a few cameos and even a role but that's about it. I hope they don't drop it entirely. I have a feeling the Sabine/Ahsoka thing isn't even being discussed and we won't see anything towards that end for years to come. I could see Thrawn and Ezra being explored by Tim Zahn, but that's not for at least another year either, assuming it would be the next in his canon Thrawn saga.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll just leave this here; courtesy of Dave Filoni on his FB page.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you all for sharing your memories of Star Wars Rebels. It was a wonderful show to make, and the entire crew is humbled by your outpouring of love and support with #RebelsRemembered. I tried to think of something to sketch for all of you today, but I couldn't come up with something from the past, so I drew a possible future instead. It's always good to check in on old friends, don't you think? No, this is not a new show, just a drawing I did today for you, the greatest fans there are. Thank you.

10. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah, he just threw this together today..;) I really hope this is concept art from a new live action movie that chronicles Ahsoka and Sabine's search for Ezra (and Thrawn) The Disney+ platform will totally allow for a direct to stream movie like this and given the fan appeal for TCW and Rebels plus Thrawn I think this would be a slam dunk I remember my anticipation for live action GI Joe, Transformers, TMNT, and He-Man and I think the anticipation for this would be on par.

11. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Yes Dave, a drawing is "not a new show"...

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Drawings may sometimes lead to new shows, though.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Drawings lead to new shows, new shows lead to new fans, and new fans leads to suffering.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I like the drawing, reminds me of Gandalf and company on their way to Moria over the mountains.:ahsoka::sabine:

Ahsoka's Tano and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Filoni’s best material comes when he’s inspired by Tolkien.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So we have our gandalf and legolas right! where's the rest of the company, we need our dwarf, human, and hobbits! I love if this show begin with an adventure of 13 or around that and go to the unkown regions to find Ezra and all crazy stuff happens with Chiss and Greysk. Maybe we can get Star wars epic adventure of of the one ring, lol.

17. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    I think Chopper could do a passable Gimli... :-D

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Isn't Chopper still with Hera at the time?

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-chicago-panel-schedule
    Saturday, April 13

12:45PM – 1:45PM

Star Wars Rebels Remembered

Star Wars Rebels may have ended but the Ghost Crew is far from forgotten! Dave Filoni and special guests take a look back at the show that deepened our knowledge of the Force, broke our hearts and always gave us hope. Full disclosure – we are not announcing a new series in this panel.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I want a sequal show so bad. Sabine and Ahsoka need to go find Ezra and Thrawn, and I need to watch it.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  22. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Lucasfilm are learning!

Always manage expectations or you’ll get nerd rage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Good thing Barrientos focused on accurately portraying Hera's chest area...

[​IMG]

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I guess you had to give the artists behind Rebels a break; considering the crew was probably more concerned with moving the story along for the characters than them being anatomically correct.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    lol. I think you know this, but I was criticizing Barrientos for blatantly objectifying Hera, not the Rebels artists. :)