main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I totally agree he does do a great job. I just find it kind of odd/bit of a bummer that the re-recorded McDiarmid isn't on Disney+ so I guess digital purchase is the only way to get it.

Vialco likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I legit didn’t know about it until like an hour ago. Weird they haven’t advertised it as a lot of die hard fans would buy the hell out of it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Witwer’s Palpatine is much better than his Maul.

CoolyFett and teamhansolo like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I love his Maul cuz his Maul is legit nuts, not like Spider-Leg nuts but later phase Witwer Maul can still be cold and calculating but definitely lets his crazy out. "YOU ARE NOTHING!!!"

Been rewatching a lot of Rebels lately, still only skipping around on Season 2, going to just go for the Force-y Inquisitor / Darth Vader episodes. I totally forget Sabine was Clan Vizla, and I think I read on Wookieepedia that Dave Filoni said she was there when Maul took out Pre-Vizla but watching the episode from TCW S5 I don't see a kid around unless she was like hiding in the air ducts or something, which would be very appropriate for a Rebels character.

teamhansolo likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I just prefer Serafinowicz’s understated menace to Witwer’s bat****, OTT, fake British accent. Mileage may vary. Witwer in general just rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    El_Machete12, CoolyFett and Vialco like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think what he meant was his mother was there and probably pregnant with her. As Sabine would have been born around this time

edit: Sabine was born in 21 BBY Lawless takes place in 19 BBY

So Sabine was 1 or 2 by the time Pre Vizsla took over Mandalore

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  7. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Thoughts on this video:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2019
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Same as when it came out 2 years ago- yet another trashy clickbait video cashing in on the Youtube trend of hating on Star Wars.

9. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    The guy likes TFA and TLJ so he ain't trying to catch on the Youtube trend.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Yeah, to be fair, that youtuber trashes more than just Star Wars. Although the praise for TCW vs bashing of Rebels has always been peculiar to me.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Especially because the show is made by the same people basically. I think it got a bad rap because of season 1 and also because “Disney”

CoolyFett likes this.
  12. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    There was still lots of anger over cancelling TCW and as Rebels was sitting in the "usurper" role, a lot of that spilled onto it. Fairly or unfairly. I know. I was one of them. Season 1 was an especially easy target because it was so heavily slanted towards the OT. It was natural for PT/TCW fans to feel it was adding insult to injury. I only came around when a certain someone climbed down a ladder.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still think to this day season 1 is the best season of the show.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    was watching Mystery of Chopper Base and I think this may be Ezra's best line delivery in the series: "I'm gonna get eaten, the last Jedi in the galaxy, chomped up by some crawlers because you were too afraid to go outside!!" The line delivery and the animation of Ezra hollering at the comlink cracks me up.But basically rewatched it for the last 2 minutes of Ezra and Ahsoka which sets up the mood of the finale nicely.

I really have to get started on my star wars movie rewatch but I keep going through Rebels episodes for deep dive lore stuff as a preamble (almost all of S1 and a bunch of S2). I'm guessing super quick speedthrough of major ones left: Twilight of the Apprentice, Twin Suns, Jedi Night, World Between Worlds, Family Reunion and Farewell

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    My thoughts are not very positive I can tell you that much.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    watched a whole bunch of s3/s4 eps yesterday all the way to the finale, watching Jedi Night again and Kanan says that he has something to tell Hera that he never gets to say, was it telling her that he didn't have, uhm, protection the last time they were together?

The little Ugnaught dude who hangs out with Hondo actually gets kind of funnier on a 2nd watch, the way he spins around and clutches at his chest when getting shot in the finale is really comically broad.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible Kanan could have sensed his son by this point since at least in Legends Jedi could sense children even while still in the womb. Jacen would have been born probably 7-9 months after the episode.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Rise of Skywalker

Amy Beth Christenson confirmed that the VCX Freighter in TROS is in fact The Ghost

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I just wanna know who's flying grandma Herra or her hotshot pilot of a son.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am so tempted to click on these spoiler tags

21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Rise of Skywalker

Venessa Marshall credited as a VA. I don't recall hearing Hera, but that ending was pretty chaotic. Maybe she's got a line in there somewhere. Also a bunch of male VAs from Rebels who could have been Stormtroopers like Steve Blum, Dee Bradley Baker and Sam Witwer. JAT and Tom Kane are so talented that who knows who they could have played. Lots of other talented VAs listed. https://twitter.com/DavidWCollins?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    My guess is they are just VA’s doing what they do and not for any specific characters. Hera wouldn’t be that old like in her 60s or maybe even 50s

23. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    More than likely just filling in for extra voices. Janina Gavankar is there, and it's very unlikely she reprises her exact role. A number of names have been involved in Star Wars in some form. You've got to imagine that if asked they'd want some small part in this last film of the Skywalker Saga.

24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Been watching through the series on Disney plus. Just finished season 2, and watched the first episode of season 3. This show is great, I don't care what anyone says.

CoolyFett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Trust me, you don't want to know. I'll leave it at that.