main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Other than Isaac saying it no. It doesn’t mean anything other than him being down for it.

Hopeless likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Probably originally conceived of as a younger character. And see her face in the art work? Clearly a kid.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Eh that would've been too gimmicky. What, as a love interest of Ezra's instead of Kanan's? I like Hera as the "mother" figure of the group. It really blended well with the story.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I agree. And imagine that a significant story evolution precipitated Hera’s change from a kid to the principal adult in the crew. Plus, Ezra and Chopper were enough “kid” for that show, IMO...

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Would love an Ithorian main character in something one day. My favourite species.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love an Ithorian jedi who would never undertand like Chewie and we need other characters to translate for us.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well we had Byph in the Younglings Arc.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What does the Art of Rebels book say about the Malachor Temple and World Between Worlds?

9. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I really enjoyed this show. I felt like from the time it hit Twilight of The apprentice, it really hit its groove.

I would love to see the search for Ezra go off into a completely different part of the universe and you could bring more Jedi in, even more Sith or whatever, who doesn't want to see epic light sabre battles?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  11. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    probaly clickbait.

13. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    "reportedly" but not reports cited. yeah ok.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Problem with introducing these characters into live action is that you need to remember there will be an audience who never watched Rebels. so you can't just dive in expecting everyone to know whats going on. so you would need to explain it in a way that audience can get behind.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think the "you can't expect a lot of people to known about it" argument when it comes to Star Wars is a load of bologna these days. Did you see the numbers on S7 of TCW? One of the most currently digested series by audiences. I saw Rebels trending on Disney+ not long ago.

You could make that argument for the novels and comics, but it falls short when it comes to the TV series and video games. Tens of millions of people know about those stories, if not a higher magnitude.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can see Thrawn live action as he is one of the most popular characters in star wars. Also how slowly does the chiss age and how long can they live for. For all we know he still lives and fights in the unknown regions during the ST. in his books and Rebels he appears to haven't changed mutch.

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I can vouch for Daniel Richtman. I used to be a member of his Patreon page (or whatever you call it). He's got a lot of things right in the past, well over a 90% success rate. There were also rumours this week that Lucasfilm are seeking to cast a live-action Ezra. Maybe that rumoured Rebels sequel series is actually live-action after all?

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/05/29/ezra-bridger-casting-new-details/

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  21. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    So, now we have an Ahsoka, Ezra, and Thrawn all coming to live action soonish. I don't think there's anyway Sabine isn't being cast as well; and with this much of the Rebels cast being put into whatever this new series is, I'd think that Hera and Jacen Syndhulla are likely showing up as well.

I' m very excited by all these rumors going around; of all the things going on in SW projects, this is by far what I've wanted to see the most! (Ok, besides someone using the WBW to confirm that Ezra and Ahsoka using it changed fate and put the current SW Universe on a new timeline and new universe, and that what we call the old EU still exists in a different universe.....)

22. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Hi All! Long time lurker of the boards but decided to sign up and this is my first post

I’m currently going through a rebels rewatch since the finale of the clone wars. Just got to twilight of the apprentice and THAT scene with Ashoka and Vader has become even more powerful to me. I already thought they were brilliant episodes, but now we’ve seen the final scenes of TCW and the way Maul reveals Anakin’s fall to Ashoka, it’s just been raised to another level for me

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
    But the flip side is the casual viewer will now invest time in catching up with Rebels, TCW etc...

24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    There are plenty of people who don't watch the animated stuff because they assume its for kids. same with Solo, as believe it or not there are many who assumed Maul was dead and had no idea he was back. so when it comes to bringing these characters story to live action. do you assume everyone has seen rebels and just continue it. or do you take care and try to make it accessible to everyone in hope you might actually keep the audience who haven't seen the animated stuff? which would add to viewing figures if you can keep them. rather than just confuse them in their first watch.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  25. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Love this realistic art of the Rebels crew from their black series

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.