main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Just got to the end of Rebels again and I still find myself blown away from Jedi Night onwards. I’ve seen them countless times but my hairs still stand on end

TCF-1138 , Doompup, MrDarth0 and 2 others like this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Those episodes are damn near perfection.

3. Aah Fisto

May 30, 2020
    They really are, Jedi night is obviously a tear jerker but even the episodes after I find myself tearing up at just being overwhelmed by how brilliant they are and how far this group of characters have come. I can’t wait to see Ezra’s story continue

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Grey Matter and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    The show's just aged really well. It should be an object lesson to just let things develop. It's kind of hilarious to remember how long it took for TCW to catch on, and how much heat it took in its early days, and how a lot of people who ended up loving it were really down on Rebels at first.

That's not to say that everything ends up brilliant, it's just that a lot of time was wasted with people either tearing down or defending both shows, only to have them both ultimately emerge as key parts of the SW mythos and breeding grounds for beloved characters who are going to be with us for a long time to come.

5. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    OK so..... I just started watching this show and after one episode Im basically "in". I like the characters so far and I see potential here. :)

TCF-1138 and Aah Fisto like this.
  6. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I know Greg Weismann was only involved in the first season... But I think his own skills with character interactions complemented Filoni’s, and I think Filoni tends to excel a bit more once he’s got introduced and initially developed characters, and can sometimes take a while to really get them established so he can do that.

Sudooku likes this.
  7. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    If I remember correctly, from some of the early interviews with the series creators, Weismann was the person who most strongly pushed for all the main character backstories to get ironed out ahead of time and I think it shows. Something I wish in hindsight the people working on other Star Wars projects at the time also put into practice. Also, his Kanan comic series is great!

8. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Weismann’s nickname might as well be “Series-Bible Man” considering how much effort and time he dedicates to making sure the story has a place to go forward from. In contrast, Filoni is a dude who does best when given previous puzzle pieces to go crazy and get inventive with. Together, they basically made sure Rebels didn’t really have a “rough draft period” the way The Clone Wars did. Don’t get me wrong; once Filoni had his toys all properly constructed, he could go crazy in actually expanding them in an awesome and partly improvised way, in ways that it’s unlikely Weisman himself was privy to during production of Season One... but it worked.

...And now I’m wondering if Weismann himself picked up some of Filoni’s improv skills when he got to resurrect Young Justice and had an excuse to integrate all sorts of new comic stuff that hadn’t been around when the show went on hiatus.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  9. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    OK, just completed episode 10 of season 1. This show is really solid. I’m so glad I gave it a chance. Never much into the animated stuff but I tried it out and here I am. Love Ezra, Kannan and that crew. The force stuff with Ezra and Kannan is great. I see good things here. I’m IN.

10. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    OMG - Lando is in this too? My main man =D=..... whomever did the voice sounds exactly like him too(I'll go see who it is). He has the demeanor, behaviors, etc just as I'd expect. A lovable scoundrel of sorts. Perfct!

Im now hooked but I have a "No Binge" policy as to not just blow through a TV show. I will only watch one episode per day. ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Sudooku and Grey Matter like this.
  11. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    You have good restraint (along with an excellent choice of avatar).

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    lol

TCF-1138 and MrDarth0 like this.
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, the guy voicing Lando really nailed it. Probably had some previous experience...

14. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Just got through both Lothal episodes. Vader, imperial defection, more Ashoka, man....this just keeps getting better and better. :)

Grey Matter and Aah Fisto like this.
  15. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Its official - I like this Rebels show better than The Clone Wars. Thats probably an unpopular opinion but Im sticking with it. :)

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It's all part of the same universe either way. Prior to Season 7 I held the same opinion, but they rounded out TCW with a proper finale.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  17. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Got it - on season 2 EP#6 now. So into this. :)

All right, all right..... jokes on me. :D

MrDarth0 likes this.
  18. Aah Fisto

May 30, 2020
    I hold exactly the same opinion. And if you’re only on season 2 I can’t wait to see your reaction once you’ve finished the whole thing!

QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  19. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Sweet! Princess Leia makes her first appearance now. I’m towards the end of season 2. Just keeps getting better and better.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  20. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    OK - thats it! This last two-part episode(S2 EP 22 & 23) with Maul, Ahsoka, Sith temple stuff, Vader, etc..... just blew me away. =D=

21. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Question here - I loved Darth Maul as a character in TPM but not sure I understand how exactly he came back to life? Does the show get to this later or am I just supposed to accept that he somehow survived his being cut in half & falling down a long shaft? Ive never been a fan of characters having miraculous regurgitations like this. :).

I believe I heard Ezra say he(Maul) has droid legs(the magnetism confirmed this) so I assume he is half droid now? Is that something to do with this comeback?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Clone Wars has more details of Maul's 'resurrection', but the main gist is that after falling down that hole on Naboo he ended up in a garbage ship and scrounged for food on a dump world called Lotho Minor. Using the force he cobbled together a hideous set of spider legs, and spent 12 years or so as an insane wretch. Eventually he's found and restored to sanity using Nightsister magick. Basically, go watch TCW, it has all the best Maul content ;)

23. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    His story arc in TCW takes place in the following episodes:

TCW S3 - Monster
    TCW S3 - Witches of the Mist
    TCW S4 - Brothers
    TCW S4 - Revenge
    TCW S5 - Revival
    TCW S5 - Eminence
    TCW S5 - Shades of Reason
    TCW S5 - The Lawless
    Comic - Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir
    TCW S7 - Old Friends Not Forgotten
    TCW -S7 The Phantom Apprentice
    TCW S7 - Shattered
    TCW S7 - Victory and Death

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Believe me, Maul's resurrection is a perfect example of taking a bad idea and executing it well. The Clone Wars was really good at that most of the time, DNA that Rebels inherited and also succeeded at most of the time.

Aah Fisto and Vinylshadow like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

here,s good fan art of rebels characters, from someone who get back into star wars because of this show.