main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    I do see where you're coming from. However, I think the violence and language point is a bit of a strawman response...
    What I am mostly concerned about is the quality of the writing.

2. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    Go watch Young Justice, or Spectacular Spider-man, or Gargoyles. That will give a better vibe of how I think the show will be, than these really short clips we have.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I was a pre teen when TCW began and I hated Ahsoka then (still do nowadays, but not as much). All I wanted to see was Grievous kill some Jedi instead of some stupid teenage Jedi make snarky remarks and act like she was so great.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

Let's see if I remember right I think you teach junior high kids don't you? What is the equivalent of Nightmare on Elm Street, Fresh Prince, and (for the girls) 90210 these days? Where were shows about slashing zombies when I was a kid?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I used to teach junior high; I'm an elementary school librarian now.

Fifth graders like vampire novels, Hunger Games, and their boy band is One Direction. I hear a lot more about video games than TV, but they like a lot of Disney and Nickelodeon shows; Spongebob is the one that really sticks out.

A lot of kids read and watch Goosebumps; my son also found The Haunting Hour on Netflix.

6. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I hope this show gets shown in the UK. With TCW we had a situation where Sky were showing the first 2 or 3 series and then dropped it after that.

7. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

Never understood why British television calls a 'season' a 'series'. Ughh, Britain. They make people eat with ten thousand different forks and now this. :p

Trebor Sabreon and cwustudent like this.
  8. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    Its a series of episodes :-B 11,000 forks and 5,000 spoons actually ;)

podjazd likes this.
  9. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

Lol, If we still were a part of that country half the population would probably be in jail for having a little fun with a cougar and so they wouldn't be able to watch Rebels anyway.

10. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Hi Andy,

I think this is why I have never properly watched TCW at all. When I finally got the Sky "children's" channels a few years ago and Cartoon Network HD, the repeats (re-runs to the fork and spoon ignorant haha!) were all over the place.

I was hoping now the exclusivity arrangement had ended for The Lost Missions/S6 that CN UK might show everything from the start on a marathon weekend so I could Sky+ it. Might have to wait for the Blu Ray Complete box set I guess. Anyhoo back to Rebels I feel sure that Disney XD UK will show Star Wars Rebels exactly as per the USA.

11. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    I noticed that with the repeats and sometimes it seemed like they were out of order too. I had to wait til the DVD boxsets came out to watch them, and I don't think I've seen the last series yet (is it out on DVD yet).

12. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Series 5 is out. Series 6 not yet.

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    you can get series 6 through most digital outlets now.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Series' and seasons both work for me.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    I've seen a short trailer for Rebels at the movie theater today, mostlty the same one we have seen already, but Obi-Wan was in it! Appearing as a hologram. I live in France but I would be surprised if it doesnt show up elsewhere soon.

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Was it basically the same as his TCW appearance?

17. AniSkylover

Jan 5, 2001
    yeah I would say his face was very reminiscent of TCW, but still slightly different

18. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Did he have any lines during the trailer? Or did they just show him for a second or two and then switch to another scene.

19. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Yeah sorry I just mean on DVD as AndyLGR was after that format I think?

20. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am to lazy to sift through this tread can anybody tell me when the Rebels Premier or Pilot episode will Air on TV and what Channels it will be on?

21. AniSkylover

Jan 5, 2001
    He had a line yes, can't remember what it was, maybe it was about forming the rebellion? (or am I mixing it up with Kallus "Rebel cell" line).
    All I remember for sure is the close-up on Obi-Wan hologram. I was surprised it had this new scene.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Wait. You can't remember?!?

Arghhh!!!

This is Obi-Wan Kenobi we're talking about, mate! The Jedi Master with that certain je ne sais quoi.

But seriously, thanks for the heads-up. :)

Revanfan1 and Lord_Anzeroth like this.
  23. AniSkylover

Jan 5, 2001
    He said "may the Force be with you!" Somethin like that

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Well that's typical Obi-Wan right there. Alongside with every single Jedi who would say this quote.
    Loving the originality here :p

25. AniSkylover

Jan 5, 2001
    I've been able to sneak in to see the trailer again this morning, so here is a video, sorry for the low quality. Guess I should upgrade my iPhone afterall...