main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Sorry, we must be in synch or something. [face_laugh]

Yeah, it'd almost have to be a mind-trick, especially since these are supposed to be ISB troopers. They wouldn't be stupid enough to actually believe he was the Emperor's nephew, right? I mean, seriously. That TIE Fighter pilot thing I can accept. But this? It seriously had better be a mind-trick or something because otherwise, ugh.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  2. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    • While in holding, Ezra activates the Holocron. Ezra stares at it and it unfolds as if it understood his silent command and a recording begins to play. Ezra is confused by a mysterious man named Obi-Wan Kenobi telling him to “Trust in the Force.”
    • Obi-Wan explains that the Emperor is actually a Sith Lord who betrayed the Jedi and destroyed the Republic.
    Well then, I'd say that basically confirms that this is Obi-Wan's message to the surviving Jedi in RotS, warning them not to return to the Temple and explaining what has happened. It seems that Kanan put the message on a Holocron so he could keep it with him.

3. Ventrix

Ventrix Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2014
    Now all we need is an Imperial Intel officer and I'll be hooked :D
    Also, thank you @MakingStarWars for all your insight into Rebels, I never doubt your legitimacy. I noticed that Lothal spoiler article was taken down, but is there any chance it will be revived? What would differentiate the Lothal spoiler article from this current one?

4. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I don't have any insight or anything regarding this show. But from the little I have seen, my take on this show is that it will be a more upbeat feel to a time period that is supposed to be dark in nature with the Empire in control, Jedi purge etc. But this is supposed to be taking place 5 years BBY. The Rebel Alliance was officially formed 3 years BBY(if memory serves me correct). But that would have given the Empire a good number of years to indoctrinate systems and instill propaganda thru out the galaxy. But luke hit the nail on the head in ROTJ when he pointed out that Emperor Palpatine weakness was his overconfidence! I think that actually goes for the entire Empire as a whole. Imperials during the whole OT were always overconfident about everything which lead to downfalls. I think Rebels show will definitely play on that concept which will lead to inept guards, officers and all the way up the totem pole. It is just a thought I had toyed with. Am I right? I don't know?

5. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I really like the idea of Kanan having a holocron with Obi-Wan giving his ROTS warning, and the scene with Ezra and the TIE pilot is IMO classic Star Wars! The bad guys are supposed to be inferior to the heroes for the most part! Otherwise we wouldn't have any happy endings! I get the argument about how the incompetence of the enemy can become ridiculous at times, but without some kind of intervention the heroes of most action/adventure movies wouldn't survive the first fifteen minutes. The number of times Luke and Han escaped imminent death during the OT due to what could be perceived as "incompetence" by the enemy is pretty ridiculous if you want to look at it that way.....[face_cowboy]

Dra--- likes this.
  6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Which is why why ESB is considered the best film of the lot :p

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  8. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Here's all the details, it sounds nice. The Palpatine thing is an obvious ruse. Since he just learnt about it, he just does "You don't need to see his identification" all over again.
    Ezra comes upon a cool score, blasters, ammo, and supplies when he finds The Rebels destroying and stealing the crates.
    Zeb offers Ezra a ride away from the explosions as Imperials show up.
    Zeb locks Ezra in a storeroom when he gets aboard their ship after they give him a ride away from the munitions destruction.
    On the way, the crew stops and begins to hand out food to the starving masses they stole from the Empire.
    However, because Zeb shoved Ezra in the closet Ezra plans to snoop around the ship for some loot. Later on after they visit a spot called Tarkintown (Tangletown), Ezra goes through the ship.
    He’s almost called by something…that’s when he discovers the Holocron and Kanan’s lightsaber. Kanan catches him, takes the saber, but Ezra pockets the Holocron.
    The rebels trade the stolen blasters they didn’t blow up to Vizago. Vizago then gives them the flight plan of the ship transporting enslaved Wookiees. The Rebels dock with the Imperials and try and pass Zeb off as a rare hairless Wookiee!
    Ezra is told to stay on the ship with Hera. But he gets a cold shiver down his spine while the the others go on the mission…it was a trap, Vizago sold them out to the Empire!
    Hera looks to Ezra and says “If all you do is fight for your own life, your life’s worth nothing.” This truth makes Ezra angry.
    Star Destroyers appear over the city in Space scaring the locals.
    With no Wookiees aboard the ship the rebels are trying to make their way off the ship, but a squadron of Stormtroopers waits for Kanan and Zeb to come out. Ezra takes his slingshot and shoots a detonator packet at them, blowing up the entire squadron of Stormtroopers. He feels heroic for the first time.
    Meanwhile Sabine was in the gravity control station and she deactivates the gravity on the ship and speedily floats towards the Ghost, thanks to Chopper’s rockets.
    Ezra ends up fighting with Agent Kallus and Zeb tries to escape without Ezra, angering Ezra.
    Ezra is put into the Star Destroyer’s brig by Agent Kallus.
    Agent Kallus is of the Imperial Security Bureau.
    The ISB are the nastiest Imperials around, even other Imperials fear them.
    While in holding, Ezra activates the Holocron. Ezra stares at it and it unfolds as if it understood his silent command and a recording begins to play. Ezra is confused by a mysterious man named Obi-Wan Kenobi telling him to “Trust in the Force.”
    Obi-Wan explains that the Emperor is actually a Sith Lord who betrayed the Jedi and destroyed the Republic.
    Ezra fakes coughing and proclaims Emperor Palpatine his uncle so they open his cell door. Ezra wedges himself to the ceiling and pops out the door before they even think to look up for their prisoner.
    Ezra runs for the airlocks and takes a trooper’s helmet.
    Ezra hears over the coms that The Ghost, he was not abandoned!
    He also discovers the location of the Wookiees.
    When Ezra gets aboard the Ghost, Zeb slugs him in the helmet thinking he’s a Stormtrooper further adding to their contentious relationship.
    The Wookiees have all been shipped off to the Spice Mines of Kessel.
    Ezra tells the crew they started this job, they should finish it. The Wookiees must be saved.
    They go to the Wookiee camp to save the Wookiees on Kessel, Spice Mine K77 to be exact.
    Illegal Spice has been sold in Capital City since the Empire took over.
    The Empire is not expecting the Rebels on Kessel. The stuff we saw of Kanan in the trailers with his saber is on Kessel.
    Sabine speaks a little Wookiee. The Wookiees call Ezra “The Little Warrior.”
    After this good deed and Obi-Wan’s message, Ezra realizes he must join the crew of the Ghost and figure out what the Force is.
    The only drawback? Ezra has to bunk with Zeb.
    The episode ends with the footage of the Inquisitor and Kallus speaking from the teaser trailer.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Emperor Palatine is my uncle! :p It sounds like a pretty funny line to me and I very much doubt the Imperials fall for it. Maybe they open the doors because he's being loud and they're gonna smack him around or something.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Not really

Sent from my R2 unit

11. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

ANH and ESB are the ones competing for the best.
    Most fans consider ANH the best, because it was the first film that got them into Star Wars. But there is a large majority that think that ESB is superior to ANH.

Anyway, not really something to discuss in the Rebels thread.

12. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    My hopes for this show are falling at alarming speeds after reading that...

"Ezra fakes coughing and proclaims Emperor Palpatine his uncle so they open his cell door. Ezra wedges himself to the ceiling and pops out the door before they even think to look up for their prisoner."

Oh god no please...

The Wookiees call Ezra “The Little Warrior" o_O

Sabine, the one character I was looking forward to, wasn't mentioned much I noticed. Typical.

Weeel... I'll still watch it, and I hope it gets better as it goes along, but this honestly doesn't sound like a promising start. We'll see I guess.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I very well might end up hating Ezra but if the other characters are worth watching, I'll still watch it.

14. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Same here.

I am rooting for an awesome Jedi story with Kanan and Sabine being an awesome Mandalorian. That is all I want from this show right now. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hera. Do not disappoint me, Hera.

16. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    Ezra: Emperor, Darth Plagueis never told you about what happened to your nephew...

Palpatine: He told me enough! He told me my nephew was a loth-rat!

Ezra: No, Emperor, I am your nephew!

Palpatine: Oh okay, let's play some Super Bombad Racing

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I feel the same, only the same goes for Kanan and Zeb, not just Hera. From what I've heard–Zeb throwing Ezra in the closet and stuff–he might end up being the best character of the lot if he doesn't put up with any of Ezra's guff. I'm hopeful that Hera and Kanan will be the same, though.

And BTW, passing Zeb off as a hairless Wookiee when he's based on Chewbacca's concept art? That's a subtle level of genius that I love. :cool:

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I may be looking forward to Zeb throwing Ezra in a closet almost as much as I looked forward to Anakin beating the crap out of Clovis.

Almost.

cwustudent and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    You're posting from an IOS device aren't you? ;)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
    I want Ezra and Ahsoka to fall in love

22. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Do you want to get flamed?
    Because that's how you get flamed.
    :p

You just mentioned two of the most hated characters in SW TV shows and added the fact that they are falling in love.
    Better run now that you can :p

23. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
    Trololololololol

Lord_Anzeroth likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm assuming he was kidding around. Otherwise the issue of a 32-year-old and a 14-year-old falling in love would be a bigger issue than who the characters are.

There was a case in Washington along those lines...

Cevan and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
    But of course I was kidding, did you not see my reply to Anzeroth?