main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think this is going to be their bridge to the streaming app. I give it two seasons- one season on TV, the next on the app. Maybe a 3rd if its successful.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    He worked on the original Avatar series for a bit which was eastern animation inspired, this isn't new for him.

Not sure how this is ruining anything.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Still it takes place almost 30 years after the end of Rebels.

4. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I just think Disney have basically said target a certain audience now and so on... Anime for me was great staying away from Star Wars.. and if they deal with Ahsoka/Ezra's story here I'll be hugely disappointed to watch it in that style.. I pray that something else is getting thrown together.

Snafu55 and revan772 like this.
  5. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

BB-8 is clearly 3D here. Same with the fighter.

So it's either 3D or a mix of 3D and 2D.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am guessing it’s 3D

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I don’t want Ahsoka just to exist as an animated character; she’s just a Star Wars character and Star Wars characters exist on all forms of media. The more I can get exposure for her…I think it makes her stronger as a character”.

“So this is really the first time that there’s been something done…a part of her saga that I haven’t personally written, which is kind of exciting”, he added. “And I made sure to be very involved. My assistant Claudia made sure that I had time to read the book more than once, that I had looked at the cover extensively, and I made lots of notes on the outfit”. -Dave Filoni

8. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    I'm still sticking with my view of anime not being correct for star wars.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok, that was incredibly adorable.

10. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    It's anime inspired, doesn't mean it's going to be like an anime.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  11. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    He exciting would it be to get at least parts of that story in Favreau's live action series?

12. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Never been a huge fan of it when it comes to this style of action, Fair enough loved Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade. etc.. Avatar was meh for me.. I was just always enjoying the animation they were using and it really struck most in a great way.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Anime-inspired animation doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be aimed at any younger a demographic than Rebels, which itself started off a bit younger-skewing in content than it was later on. I mean, anime itself is as diverse in content and who that content is aimed at as American animation. There's a big gulf separating something like Pokemon from, like, Cowboy Bebop or Attack on Titan.

14. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    AFAIK, 3D objects are common enough in relatively modern Animes.

15. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Very awesome news! Always glad to hear of a new series. I will be interested to see more specifically what the anime style turns out to be. Of course whenever there's a change there's always uncertainty. A lot of people absolutely despised TCW's wooden look especially in the first few seasons, but as long as the story is good and the characters are three-dimensional, personality-wise, I should be able to get into it. Granted I'm probably a bit bias because I happen to enjoy assorted kinds of anime. So if they went with that style it wouldn't bother me much.

16. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Oh well I cant judge yet but just disappointed.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Rebels is only YT-7 so basically the youngest rating.

18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I love the Rebels / Resistance, but I'm surprised they're jumping from the Rebels cartoon, to another group of resistance fighters / pilots. I hope they give Snoke and the Knights of Ren some backstory in the series. Ideally, I'd like to see a connection between Thrawn and Snoke and see the development of the FO, not an entirely Resistance driven series. Hard to judge anything on nothing more than a banner though...

Darkslayer, kalzeth and TCF-1138 like this.
  19. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    I confess that I haven't watched Rebels. I didn't like the concept and I really didn't like the "modern" animation style (I grew up with Batman: The Animated Series). I'm also scared of undermining the OT any more than the prequels already did (e.g. "It turns out there were plenty of other Force users around!"). With the exception of an Obi-Wan standalone, which could make proper use of Ewan's talents, I want to leave that time period alone.

That's why I'm excited about Resistance. We could definitely use more info and stories set between ROTJ and TFA, and I'm relieved to hear that it will be "anime"-inspired, which I'm assuming will be 2D, hand-drawn animation. I guess it's a generational thing, but I just don't like 99% of today's TV animation.

redxavier and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, you guys are right - looking more closely at it, it's definitely cel-shaded 3D. Could be really cool if they do it right (and I have plenty of faith in Dave and Lucasfilm Animation).

21. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm so so so in. This is pretty much exactly what I would have wished for in terms of style, themes, characters and era setting.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Very cool! Sounds like a fun idea for a show. And I bet we'll start seeing multiple animated shows running concurrently so I wouldn't discount the follow-up to Rebels already being in the works.

23. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    It isn't as bad as you think. Give it a chance.

podjazd likes this.
  24. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    You're my hope....

25. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Ahsoka / Ezra story will be continued in a show. I doubt this one (and hope not) but it will not be a comic or book. This. Is coming from someone who would prefer it in book form.

I bet we will get another animated series for that.

As for how many seasons will this last? Two or three maybe.

If we have to get Poe in this I want the rest of Black Squadron too.

Also, the main character. Kazuda Xiono. Do we think boy or girl? Also maybe a Japanese human, if human? I may just play Kingdom Hearts too much but Xiono as a last name makes me think Japanese Human Female.