main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So either they reveal how and why Finn broke his conditioning or they actually explain themselves for once?!
    Unlikely he meets up with others is captured leading to the others stepping up eventually rescuing him but it mostly deals with them trying to keep one step ahead of the First Order eventually leading Leia to the realisation Snoke has infiltrated the Republic tagging the ships they gave them!
    The map to Luke is a ruse to prove this as R2 knows where Luke is she's taken steps to hide this as Kylo kills Lor San Tekka believing he knows and wants to protect Luke.
    No I can't see them correcting that mess called episode 8!

kalzeth likes this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I hope we get Maz in this series. She clearly knows a lot more about the First Order than your average schmuck, as evidenced in TFA. It would be a good way to bring the force into the series without having an Ezra type of character.

I hope so as well. I don't see how they could connect this series to Rebels without detracting from any potential future story they could tell about the characters during and after the OT.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Finn isn't confirmed to be in the show but don't be surprised if he has a cameo or two at some point. We might see him during his sanitation days with the First Order.

4. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    As a fan of 2D animation still I'm intrigued by that aspect. I hope it doesn't go too far into anime style with the the characters barely moving at all though and only the backgrounds moving for certain action shots. My pet peeve with most anime isn't the visual aesthetic of the big eyed characters or any of that; it's how barely "animated" most things really are. I can't stand frame rates that are low or shots that are largely static. When people cry in anime it's often the body in one held pose with only the tears being animated coming out. When people get upset they do one motion and then hold the pose and then switch the background to something that seems more angry. That's the worst part of anime for me in terms of style. So, I hope they don't bring that to it.

kalzeth likes this.
  5. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    No, I'm really excited... 2D animation means they don't have to spend as much per scene... Meaning we can have a much grander show like the clone wars was (one that's truly on a galactic scale) instead of just taking place on god forsaken Lothal. We may have gigantic animated space battles again and might actually see old planets in their entirety like Coursant, Naboo, Hosnian prime etc.
    I imagine Legend of Korra like artstyle and scale with magnificent background images, unlike the bland and simple backgrounds from Rebels. (sorry I'm a bit biased...)

Also, who is excited by the chance to see the New Republic and it's incompetence. I'm so excited for this aspect!!!!!!! SOME ACTUAL SPACE POLITICS

6. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    I don't mind what medium they choose as long as the series has a compelling story. Buy I am not expecting anything too deep.

If it is anything like Rebels, then the main team will pull off lots of surprising / crazy stunts, discover a secret First Order plot which they manage to nip in the bud, the baddies are still rubbish at hitting anything and the hero Kazudo Xiono will end up being an ace pilot, leader-in-the-making, meet basically everyone famous in the SW universe and conveniently disappear from the story just before TFA.

As for the WW2 references, not sure I am looking forward to that... We already had Patton-Thrawn vs. Sabine's TIE Defender in Rebels and the truly aweful WW2-inspired bombers in TLJ. I don't need any more.

I am not holding my breath but would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cwustudent, Vialco and kalzeth like this.
  7. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Was hoping for a series between VIII and IX, but I guess they didn't want to wait until after IX came out to release a show. Have to keep the train moving. I don't really know how to feel. I'll watch the show, but I'm not excited at all at the moment. To be fair, I was only kind of excited about TCW way back in the day, and didn't watch most of it until it was put on Netflix. Rebels I had little expectations for either.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm surprised it is airing so soon.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    It hasn't been confirmed to be 2D.

cwustudent and Snafu55 like this.
  10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Exactly, that's the big thing imo.

11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    What are you talking about? This series takes places before TFA. It doesn't need to explain anything about Finn. Who's being captured and then rescued? What tagging on what ships? Why are you talking about the map? R2 is a she? Sorry, but your post sounds like the ramblings of a crazy person who perhaps hasn't read the description of the show (or perhaps English isn't your first language).

Hmm, what kind of anime are you watching?

cwustudent and kalzeth like this.
  12. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    I agree there:rolleyes:

13. SunnyNelson

SunnyNelson Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2013
    Cheaper how? They pay 2D animators less than minimum wage?

14. SunnyNelson

SunnyNelson Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2013
    Very true. But neither were "Anime," which is a style that makes me hate anime.

15. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Really hope they let this show be its own thing. Stuff like Ezra's fate eventually needs to be addressed somewhere in Star Wars but I feel like a major weakness of Rebels post Season One was that it was constantly distracted by other elements of the Filoniverse rather than focused on its own characters. The world leading up to TFA (its political situation of The New Republic, the First Order, Snoke's origins) should be interesting enough on its own to justify its own focus (though i'll admit to not liking the sequel trilogy. Yet again, I didn't like the prequels as much and the Clone Wars was good so here's hoping).

16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    It's anime inspired, doesn't mean it's going to be a direct copy.

SunnyNelson likes this.
  17. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Give me a trailer already. This sounds like it'll be another great series. Hoping for some great interaction between characters and some interesting world building. And I guess hoping they manage to hit a right balance of light and serious tones.

podjazd likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dude, Donald Faison and Jim Rash? More Oscar Isaac? Sign me up!

And a spy/high-speed racer as the protagonist? Even better, that suggests to me they'll be in their late teens or early 20s; AKA not another kid protagonist. [face_dancing]

19. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    never liked Filoni's work so...not very excited about it. and again we have a "young pilot". Hope he's not going to shoehorn Ahsoka into it. And i REALLY REALLY hope this time they won't be any force user using lightsabers. Apart from Kylo Ren if he appears in the show nobody should be wielding one at this point of the timeline. But if that new young hero appears to be force-sensitive again then, oh...come on!!!!!!!

Only good point is the anime-inspiration. Could be visually interesting...or not, but at least it's something different. I hope it's in 2D. We'll see. Anyway, maybe we'll learn more about Snoke. Beside that there's not many interesting stories to tell...

cwustudent and Dandelo like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hopefully when they say anime-inspired they mean shows like Cowboy Bebop or movies like Porco Rosso and Akira (obviously not for the flying for Akira, but the general aesthetics and approach to action and intrigue).

Or they could just go all out and draw inspiration from bat**** crazy shows like FLCL. :p

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So what kind of Anime?
    With the blue skies and BB doing his "It's a me, BB8!" little look in there, I hope Pablo's taking hints from Ghibli.

Bright blues, a sense of optimism and whimsy.

One of my favourite images from The Force Awakens is the X-Wings zooming across the lake. There's alot of brightness and life the mood of TFA that I'd love to see here.

Taylore likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It’s good that we are finally getting something closer to the sequel trilogy. It’s time to truly flesh the era under canon. I am concerned though, because in legends you had a lot action after ROTJ. In new canon, after the first two years, there ain’t a lot. So, we will see how it goes. I’m hoping they have two or three animated series time done by different people, but that might be asking too much.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I am excited for this show. Like everyone else, I knew this would happen eventually, considering the PT era has the TCW and the OT era has Rebels. The anime style is interesting.
    Things I want to see in the show:
    Explore the New Republic, the First Order, and the Resistance.
    Bring in Snoke and Kylo Ren
    The OT characters have to appear
    Follow up on the Rebels series finale epilogue
    Explore the Knights of Ren
    Improve Phasma(despite their many flaws, I still like the ST, however Phasma was wasted in both so it would be great if this show redeems her character the same way how TCW made Boba Fett interesting to me and how it redeemed Anakin in everybody else's eyes)
    Balance a light and dark tone.
    Luke's Jedi Academy
    Focus on the stormtrooper program

Hopeless and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am sure this is one of many Shows in the works.

are we sure this is 2D based solely on the early imagery poster?

25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I do hope they chuck in an occasional Han Solo cameo.
    The show should absolutely not be about him, but little moments, maybe a 3 episode sub-story.