main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I think it is 6 times now.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    starfish, podjazd, Outsourced and 5 others like this.
  4. Joruuuuuus C'baoth

Joruuuuuus C'baoth Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2018
    “We’re experiencing drag.”
    “We’re experiencing drag ... in the vacuum of space?”
    “Oh, great, now we’re experiencing turbulence!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh holy hell that looks awesome! I'm going to pat myself on the back because it looks like I'm pretty close...

Also yay season 2!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The trailer looks great, though I wonder how many of those cool looking action shots with the FO are from the last two or three episodes :)

Also great news that the Resistance was renewed! There's never enough SW.

7. OrganicMeatbag

OrganicMeatbag Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2019
    I legit got chills when you first hear Hux’s voice. I was honestly not expecting the inevitable Starkiller arc for at least another season, but man I’m glad they’re getting the ball rolling. Kaz is about to go through some grimdark stuff so hopefully this means his charcter’s about to get some much needed growth. Hot damn what a great trailer.

Outsourced and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I didn't think that I would be so happy to see what appears to be the colossus sinking to the bottom of the ocean. That, or maybe it's a safety measure that it has where it can completely submerge itself for protection. Either way, it's really cool to see.

I also hope this means everybody is going to leave Castilon to join the resistance. I don't want the First Order to just leave and never bother them again after everything goes down. I feel like I would feel cheated if something like that happened.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Wow, was that good. The Hux moment was somehow more effective here than in TFA, as it was being viewed by people who had no idea of the horror about to be unleashed. I’m now convinced more than ever that “Resistance” will succeed in giving the ST the world-building depth it needs to carry its weight. I’m genuinely afraid of the First Order now.

Congrats! That looks spot on. Almost as impressive as your predictive powers regarding trailer release dates in late summer.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  10. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I'm....genuinely shocked we're already crossing over with TFA. I figured at least they'd wait for IX to be out to cross over into any of the movies. Even putting aside, this just escalated real quick. Color me intrigued.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Total Guess but if S1 ends at TFA then S2 could be set all during Last Jedi as "THE FIRST ORDER REIGNS!" as they spend the whole season fighting off the FO from the Colossus. It'd be like a season of 24!

12. Ivor

Ivor Jedi Knight

Jun 26, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Just out of curiosity I decided to translate the female officer's arm band to find out what her rank is. The unobstructed Aurebesh letters translate to F,O,S [Obstructed], I think it's safe to assume that the last letter is B which would stand for the First Order Security Bureau. It's the successor to the Imperial Security Bureau, which Agent Kallus was a part of in Rebels. Personally I think its super cool that they're interconnecting and expanding everything, I love what they've been able to achieve with the show and the franchise as a whole in the past few years.

tatooinesandworm and Snafu55 like this.
  13. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    And is that First order Officer Battle Armor, like the First Order version of what Veers wore at Hoth and used throughout Rebels, or is it a new version of the ISB Riot Armor Kallus wore in Rebels?

14. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Steven Melching (TCW/R) is joining the writing team

tatooinesandworm and podjazd like this.
  15. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Looks like a mixture of Kallus Armor and the Inquisitor Uniforms.

Also there is one of the giant Droids that where seen in some of TFA concept art

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Now that looks like a fun show! Seeing this contrasted with the 0.2mph dragging pace of the first half of season 1 is quite frustrating. Why couldn't we have joined the story at this point?

Kind of sad that the ST hasn't been able to do that on its own, but I guess that's a bit off topic. ;)

Blackhole E Snoke and cwustudent like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i have seen the new trailer and it got me hyped for the sencond half, kinda liike how i was for season 2 of rebels. I loved seeing Hux, hope too see Kylo soon too. I hope Kaz has grown a little now, everything was great in this. I wonder if we see destroyed worlds of starkiller base.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    You mean like when the Empire just left Lothal and never bothered them again after everything that went down there?

V-2 likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The creators mentioned before Resistance aired that the first season would overlap with TFA.

Yeah, what's the issue with that? The Soviet Union also left Afghanistan and never returned. It's called strategic prioritization. If the Empire determined that Lothal wasn't worth the hassle, and they had much bigger fish to fry and fights to fight, they could quite easily decide to leave the system be. Quite true to life.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  20. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    So one would assume that BB-8 will be leaving Kaz relatively soon then.

21. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Except the USSR was in decline and there was a significant rival power fighting them in a proxy war. In Rebels we had the Empire ascending in power, with no significant competitor, and only a tiny cell of rebels who tricked the Empire into leaving. Seems a little far fetched in comparison.

Also the liberation of Lothal would seem to be a more significant victory than the battle of Scarif, so there's that whole ANH crawl contradiction thing going on too.

The FO could decimate the Colossus from orbit with one shot, and I'm sure they could replace it with their own refuelling machinery in no time (since this is the faction with seemingly unlimited resources in the GFFA). I wonder why this base in particular is so strategically important?

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Except the Empire had an entire galaxy to govern, while the USSR didn't. We can play this game of digging into the weeds of a comparison for months, if you want. The point is about strategic prioritization, not about the specific superpower competition dynamics you mentioned.

If the Empire has to deal with Rebel cells across an entire galaxy, with finite resources, it is perfectly plausible that they might decide the Lothal system is not worth the fight, and focus elsewhere. Like on building up their Death Star program, so they can silence the Rebellion with "one swift stroke." After all, if you're the Emperor, and the choice is between spending money on a little border skirmish on Lothal, or on the Death Star, what would you do? Perhaps putting too many of their eggs in the Death Star basket was a mistake, but it's a perfectly plausible mistake to make, given the destructive power of that thing.

Point is: It makes a lot of sense that the Empire would decide to leave Lothal for strategic or practical reasons. Just as it made sense for the USSR to leave Afghanistan for strategic and practical reasons. The specific strategic and practical reasons for each decision are beside the point.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Also... why waste anymore valuable resources when you have the Death Star? Had it not been destroyed Lothal likely would have capitulated relatively quickly under threat of total annihilation.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    For a series with very animated and expressive characters, the shot of Hux at his speech looks eerily calm for just having screamed about the death of the Republic

Blackhole E Snoke and V-2 like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    OK, so season 1 will end post TLJ, and Season 2 should fill in the gaps between TLJ and Ep IX if the rumors of a time skip are true. If so, then good, they have a strategy. That felt absent between TFA, TLJ and Solo.