main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Hoping we get a trailer for Resistance Season 2 at D23. I'm hoping for a lot of star wars stuff at D23.

2. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    There is certainly a lot of “pending” Star Wars info.
    Mandalorian Trailer
    Resistance Trailer
    TROS BTS reel
    Cassian info
    3rd TV show announcement
    Info on the future movie schedule

I don’t think we’ll get the last 2, but the other stuff is fair game for D23.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Honestly, I think the 3rd TV show announcement is more likely than the Resistance trailer. Disney reportedly want to go big with Disney+ at D23 (makes sense since we're only a few months from launch at this point) so confirming the (alleged) Obi-Wan series would be a major announcement for them.

There's no where currently on the schedule where they would air the Resistance Season 2 trailer, but of course this could change. Still strange that they didn't release the trailer at Celebration like they used to with Rebels.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    An Obi Wan series now is it? Oh.

Do people want that?

5. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Obi-Wan has been the rumour since before Celebration (SWNN supported by Making Star Wars if I recall correctly). I think people, and I include myself, just want to see Ewan McGregor back in the role whilst he's the perfect age to do it. And, being honest, unless they're planning some epic rematch with Maul (without breaking continuity with Rebels), Obi-Wan's story whilst in hiding is probably a better fit for a series than a film.

indydefense likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I wouldn’t mind if Obi-wan was recast. McAvoy could do a great job, for example. Lots of good options.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hate you.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    How about Leonardo DiCaprio?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Just leave. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Liev Schreiber? Good call!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I remember being very disappointed with the Kenobi book, at just how narrow its scope was and how the Sand People were repurposed and reimagined. I can imagine a Kenobi on Tattooine series being much the same, perhaps with a different minor threat to Luke every week, and getting seriously dull and repetitive. 'Old man living in the desert secretly protecting small boy from Sand People and womp rats' seems like an okay short story idea, but it didn't fill out a novel very well, and I can't see the appeal of having 6-20 hours of TV material based on the same premise. It would be like Gotham, except Bruce Wayne wouldn't know Alfred existed.

A Kenobi cameo in a freer story setting would be my preference.

12. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    To be fair, with the Kenobi book, I'd much rather have something limited in scope like what we got than something trying to stretch itself across nineteen years and not having anything interesting in it at all. There could be good in self-contained stories with a TV series, it all depends on who the writer is. Though admittedly I'd much rather a Kenobi appearance for an episode or two in a series with focus elsewhere.

Also patiently waiting for Resistance to appear on Disney Life so I can give it a watch. I've seen the shorts that are on there, and they've been good. Pretty sure the full series will be as well from the little I've seen of it.

V-2 likes this.
  13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Must admit, as much as I want to see Ewan’s Obi-Wan again I think 1 season would be enough. Have a story arc in mind, tell it well, and don’t try and drag it out over multiple seasons.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    If we a Kenobi series i bet we will get some exposure of the jawas and the tusken raiders along with the force, Qui gon teaching him how to become a force ghost, we may see Qui gon slowly being visable too.

15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Or initially a rebel cell does actually try to build a base on Tattooine, but Jabba employs mercenaries to wipe them out before the Empire notices and starts interfering in his operations or better yet have Crimson Dawn take an interest and Obi-Wan unaware who leads them has to clandestinely help drive them back off world before their actions cause imperial forces to build up on the world bringing unnecessary attention to the world.

Could even have an Inquisitor chasing a suspected Jedi only its a couple and their force sensitive child with the Jedi in question actually died helping them escape to the next world where they're forced down.

Oh I really would love an Inquisitor to run into Kenobi who genuinely tries to persuade the unwary former Jedi that they're making a really bad mistake so leave the couple and their child alone and go back to where its far safer only for the Inquisitor to actually push their luck only for Obi-Wan to con him into killing himself say by using his helicopter blade somewhere really unsafe for exposed energy blades you know like an oil refinery or a warehouse full of spilled flour....

Maybe he helps them find a ride off world suggesting he knows about Ahsoka and the Empire reports that one of their operatives killed themselves in a really dumb accident which Vader remains unaware of as the Grand Inquisitor thinks its too embarrassing to admit to.

You know stuff like that!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I haven's read Obi-Wan's book. How Sand People were repurposed and reimagined?

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but why isn't the first season getting a Blu Ray release? Or am I stuck in time and cursed to relive 2001 again and again?

Demon4x4 likes this.
  18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It's been asked by a lot of people but no official answer yet that I'm aware of :(

Krueger likes this.
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    It is quite clear what Disney is doing here, I posted my feelings on this in the Lit forum a couple of weeks ago.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Season 2 of Resistance where are you two months until it comes hope to see it at D23.

21. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    So is anything for it actually expected at D23?

I really loved season 1, after being a bit slow coming to it. Was skeptical given some of the fan reaction, but it's actually a blast. Love the smaller & focused story, and even given it seems to be skewing a little younger than TCW/Rebels it's still got plenty of brains to it.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think that thematically, it skews older than Rebels. There’s some nuanced stuff in there about security vs. values and integrity, etc.

23. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I dunno, Rebels gets pretty into-the-weeds with the politics. Resistance is a little more focused on our leads and how stuff affects them.

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Looking at the current schedule I don't think so. They may still be adding smaller panels and we're still 2 weeks out so it's possible they'll add it, but right now it doesn't look like we're getting anything for Resistance. Might be wrong, but I don't think we ever got a Rebels panel at D23 in the past either.

25. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Very, very curious to see where the show goes now that the cast of heroes is in open conflict with the First Order and Kaz has dropped the pretense of trying to be a spy, pretending to be a mechanic or wanting to participate in starship races.