main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I really think that YT has a Problem with those Kind of Video makers. But thats the Trouble with the Internet. Every moron can say anything he wants and get away with it, declaring himself an expert of the Topic and tells other People how to think about it. As if I care about anyones opinion in the end. Wheter I like it or not is up to me and only to me. Those Agenda driven YT Videos are digusting and I could compare them to the worst Kinds of Propaganda in history and would find similar technics and wordings...

On Topic: I loved Season 1 for its cover of much much lore about the ST. Loved the characters and the Setting and this Season 2 Trailer Looks epic. ! I really cant grasp why they dont give the Show a proper HD Bluray Release. The Animation is stunning and much of it will get lost on DvD. I really hope they reconsider it and give us the deserved HD release!

2. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    Hopefully they're just delaying the Blu Ray release for a 'complete series' issue? [face_praying]

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
  4. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Very much loved the new trailer. Kinda sad it's coming to an end, but if they have a definite story in mind and they wrap it up then I'm content. That's what they did with Rebels. It would be worse, I think, and as Dave Filoni said, to keep going and going and then have the bottom drop out from under you before you can wrap it up. Besides by the time it ends there's going to be a whole host of other stuff to watch. These forums are going to stay busy for a long time I think.

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    A line that I hate comes to mind. "Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong"

Every person has a right to voice their opinion. Corporations trying to remove and discredit people's opinions is the trouble. Youtube channels like Geeks and Gamers never tell you what you should think or do, and always tell watchers to make their own decisions. I was commenting in the Resistance cancelled G&G video, saying how I disagreed with using the word cancelled because it will be a finished product by the end of s2. I didn't get attacked for disagreeing there, I got some good replies from both sides. These channels just would not get views and likes if they were not connecting with Star Wars fans. The only agenda they have is the want for good storytelling.
    Finally I find it disgusting that you do not care about other people's opinions and how you are comparing the creators of those videos to the real evils in history.

On topic - I think s2 looks more focused than s1. I think we will see less filler episodes and less comedic pratfalls from Kaz. I still really like the animation style and prefer the cell shading over realistic shading from Rebels.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Every person has a right to voice their own opinion, and every person has a right to ignore most of those opinions, especially if they are extraordinarily dumb opinions.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    he might be alright dude, but his titles ugh and his comment section is very toxic, I sometime go to see how the mood is. I rather watch Thor Skywalker, he seems reasonable even if I disagree with everything he says. In one off GG's video'a he tries to attack Disney and feminism and calling it woke. I think someone like started the fandom menace. Witch i just hate.

8. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    That's my guess too.

9. superstardestroyer-1

May 20, 2002
    I tried to watch a couple Geeks and Gamers videos at one point because they started popping up as something I might be interested in. Let's just say, it's not for me. I'm not the target audience. I get not liking the new stuff. I get being able to discuss the positives and negatives, but his stuff seems to devolve into talking about SJW's, the feminist agenda, etc. It just feels like he's beating the same drum over and over to get clicks from a very select segment that hears the dog whistle.

DarthHass and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    BINGO! He's the worst, him and his gang of fandom menace club. Just know is saw that Disney is not reaching kids and its falling and dying. There's other's just like him, 3bucket, odinsblog and that star wars girl. They all dislike TLJ and call out for Woke Disney.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He’s not alright, he’s alt-right. A toxic hate-spewer that would fully support an authoritarian who shared his views. The ones who cry “free speech!” the loudest are often the ones that would gladly curtail the free speech of the people they are criticizing, should they have the power. I mean, look at all the authoritarian apologists and supporters out there today that used to be the most ardent advocates of “freedom.”

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess i agree with you, just tried to be little nice of not slamming the guy. I used to watch him until i became this toxic alt-rights guy. Now him and his guys at fandom menace rejoys at Resistance ending as they see it as they first win against an empire. If i had a youtube channed i would bash the living **** out GG and the rest of fandom menace. just Urban Acolyte does in his videos sometimes.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. superstardestroyer-1

May 20, 2002
    Honestly, most Star Wars video channels on Youtube are pretty bad. So much of it is just click bait and they know that dramatic video titles and taking a stand either for or against "Disney Star Wars" while injecting politics into the discussion is the easiest way to get cheap clicks. I'm out whenever that comes up.

The only ones I can say I truly enjoy are Star Wars Explained and Hello Greedo. I'll consistently click on those channels. Toy Galaxy has some Star Wars content and I've liked that too.

I've liked a few videos from Star Wars Theory, but for every one I like, there's one that ventures too far into wild click bait speculation.

Are there even any other good ones out there?

seeker_two and ChrisLyne like this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    those two are good yess, pluss Urban Acolyte. Very informed about jedi and the force.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's all just agree that Youtube is trash* and go back to talking about Resistance.

*not all of it, obviously, but a lot sucks

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I think they are all good. I like to hear the differing opinions from real people and fans.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With new trailer, you think we may see old Characters, such as Kix. I doubt we see the popular ones. Bu the minor ones in the other shows. Hondo? I could see we might see old vets who fought in the previous shows.

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think Kix is a guarantee, considering we also saw Battle Droids.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wondering If Kalini is still around and has little droid army. Maybe he joined with droid gotra. I could see him post ix, as having this private security force and help and portect the republic.

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Could season three mutate into "Star Wars:Colossus" simply because "Resistance" isn't the right word to use after Episode 9?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    maybe but I also get the feeling the Colossus will be the one who pick up the Falcon after Crait. And they'll probably be a reason why they couldn't answer Leia's distress signal. And then the Colossus blows up in the final episode so no more show cuz their home is destroyed but they won a significant battle (after Crait, start of the post Hosinan Prime SKB war)

22. superstardestroyer-1

May 20, 2002
    Thinking back on season 1 last night:

If they really knew all along that this series was only going to be 2 seasons, I think Season 1 ends up being a somewhat wasted opportunity. I know they said all along that this was going to be more "kid friendly" than Clone Wars or Rebels (although the time slot they gave it said otherwise), but I think they spent way too much time in the first half of Season 1 on "klutzy Kaz misadventures".

After about 10 or so episodes, my feeling was "this show isn't for me, and that's ok", but then the 2nd half started to formulate a clear direction for the characters and series. By the last 3-4 episodes, I was legitimately looking forward to season 2 and beyond. Now, we find out it's ending after 2 and I can't help think they could have added more meat to the story from the get go to make this a tighter, more cohesive story.

In Resistance defense, Clone Wars and Rebels had their share of wasted episodes at times too. Clone Wars probably more than Rebels.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yow know, over at www.ew.com there was an article on Resistance Season 2 and the final season. At the bottom of the article it had some posts that I believe were made via disques (Face Book) and well, you have the proverbial Disney bash but one poster actually posted some interesting info. Of course, it was more of Disney screwed up the sequels and people don't care too much for it kind of thing. But what I found interesting about that, was maybe Disney did not ever intend for this series to be more than two seasons and it was not going to be exported to Disney + like the new shows coming out.

Like the poster up here said about Filoni, its better to cancel a series after you have told your story instead of adding fluff to keep it going. That's what happened to the Clone War series. It had too many fluff episodes that kept the real good ones from being made. So kudos for Resistance for telling its story and finishing it.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  24. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Why does the FO still care about capturing the Colossus? Surely they can build their own fuel depot and place it on the planet, or wherever they like.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t know. Maybe there’s an explanation in the 2nd season. Since nobody has seen the season yet, this question is unanswerable. Some possibilities:

The Colossus leadership killed a bunch of their troopers and the FO can’t let that slide, if they’re to preserve a reputation of power and ruthlessness.

I think there are FO personnel that are still on the Colossus?

There’s a bunch of fuel on it that they’d like to own.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    V-2 likes this.