main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It's been an interesting plot gap the whole time. Ostensibly the planet has a strategic importance, which makes sense. The obsolete station on that planet had some strategic value, but once gone, not so much. The FO merely wanting revenge because they're evil isn't very satisfying, but nor would the Colossus holding a time portal MacGuffin either...

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I get what you’re saying. But when you’re a political power, retaliating against an attack on your people/ forces is not just predicated on revenge. It’s about the maintenance of the image of power. If others can kill your people/ forces with impunity, it shows weakness. And that can hurt the FO fundamentally and strategically. As long as it’s not Phasma and Kylo moustache-twirling and calling for revenge, it can work in a broader political context.

3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Maybe the force-sensitive girl plays into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I guess we'll find out more in season 2, but just the fact that the now ship has been taken over by the Resistance makes it a target. I am also guessing that the FO did not know it was a ship.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    It's a space station/re-fuelling station that could be vital to resistance's survival. by the time of the end tlj, its probably the largest hold out of resistance forces, in fact.

6. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    I like Eckhart's Ladder and Metanerdz.....mainly for the technology focus. Star Wars Reading Club does well in discussing plotlines without adding external politics. And Generation Tech/Films is always good for a laugh.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  7. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    You just stated my question without the question. You didn't provide an answer.

Why is the duel depot important to the FO? Because the fuel depot is important to the FO.

8. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    We don't actually know how it got there nor its actual importance.
    For all we know its actually one of hundreds if not thousands but its still operational and the FO needs access to figure out how to get the others working.
    Imagine thousands of mobile hyperspace capable space stations able to land on any convenient world can literally serve as mobile base for their forces that the FO warships can't cope with.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  9. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    By the way, there's a short scene from season 2 on the season 1 DVD (at the end of the Path of Resistance featurette).

It's of Kaz and company discovering the remains of D'Qar.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Looking forward to seeing this, followed soon after by the Mandalorian, followed soon after by TROS. That’s a pretty great end-of-year stretch right there.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  12. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Oh man, you're right. We only have one long, boring month of September separating us from 2-1/2 months worth of weekly drops of new Star Wars content [face_party]

BigAl6ft6, MrDarth0 and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Any idea when the region 2 version of Star Wars Resistance will be released?

14. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Looking forward to it. I like the show.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can't wait for more Resistance with Kaz and gang,

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  18. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Oh boy, where to begin?

The episode synopses: Well, it's about time Kaz becomes an Ace! And I knew it was only a matter of time before Yeager is pulled out of retirement! I'm kind of hoping for a training montage similar to "One Last Hope" from Hercules and/or "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" from Mulan!

The season 2 news from the season 1 DVD: I knew they were going to think Poe and Leia are dead. But, it won't last that long, right? Leia will send out a distress call from Crait, and then she'll send a message to all of her spies. Poe, on the other hand... he tried to get a hold of people in the Poe comics in order to borrow a ship so he could rescue his friends. It's possible he tried to contact the Colossus as well.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The "friends in the outer rim" line from Leia on Crait was almost certainly the basis/pitch of this show, so I'd say it's a given they get back in contact.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    awards tin for Resistance for Best Animated series at the Saturn Awards

Has the Emmy animated awards happen yet, did it win or was nominated?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    TetsuAero likes this.
  21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Enjoyed season 1 although it was slow out the gate. Perfect non violence for my four year old however and we are rewatching season 1. I would like to see the New Republic's militia vs. The First Order. And it looks as though Kylo Ren makes an appearance. The Tam subplot is intriguing and Kaz hopefully matures a bit. Looking forward to the final season. Now if we only can get more 3.75 inch figures/ships from the show? I wonder how many episodes it goes for?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Revanator

Revanator Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2019
    I just finished watching seasons 1-4 of Star Wars Rebels and am an avid reader of Star Wars novels. Is the Resistance TV show any good? I've seen commercials for it on tv, and it looks pretty kid-friendly. Does the show have any Easter eggs or fill in any gaps? Am I missing out by not watching it?

Thanks to all who respond.

23. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    It is a very kids-friendly show and it has a very slow start, taking its time introducing all the different characters and the environment. But I really like the art style and animation of the show, and when you finally get a dogfight once in a while, the space ships look really nice. It also starts couple of months (6 I believe) before the events of TFA, so if you like that time period, it shows you little bit more of the GFFA right before the events of the ST.

The story of the show doesn't have a very big impact on the galaxy at large though, at least in Season 1, so you're not really missing out on any big revelations or important info for ROTS by not watching.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    As an adult, I found it a bit 'kiddie' for my liking. I preferred Rebels. But that's my opinion - I know others liked the show.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  25. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I very much enjoyed Season 1. You get some First Order insights.