main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Opeepit has the best arc.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t care what the haters say. I liked this show.

3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Now if only they'd release a Region 2 version on dvd or blu ray...

4. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I'm hoping for a complete series set on blu-ray now that the series is complete.

MrDarth0 and Hopeless like this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Just finished season two. Really happy with it. As I said before, big step up from season one. I do wish they’d make another season, but it did end in a satisfying way. Gonna miss that crew. I’m sure we’ll see them appear somewhere in the future.

Edit: Also, Kylo turning Pyre and Tierny’s blasters on each other through the Force over a hologram was one of the most badass moments in the show.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    whostheBossk and lovethedarkside like this.
  6. Enough Redshirts

Enough Redshirts Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2019
    Has any media mentioned any whereabouts of the Colossus post the end of the second season?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    not that I know of, but a few of the Aces are present at Exegol.

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Collossus was also there, according to this article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-skywalker-final-battle-every-ship/amp/

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Colossus is at the final battle in TROS as well.

10. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Someone needs to screenshot the battle and circle where the Colossus, the Fireball, and the other Ace ships are.

whostheBossk and Hopeless like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Give Opeepit his Emmy dang it.

13. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I finally finished Resistance today. I'll get the bad out of the way first. Kaz. He's annoying and I don't buy for a second that someone as clumsy, naive, and incompetent as him could be a New Republic pilot. Neeku was hit or miss, but he gets more of a pass because he's an alien. With that out of the way, I actually came to like this show more than I thought I would and I probably would have liked it even more had it been set in a different era.

It did a lot right that the ST did wrong though. It did a good job at making the audience aware of what's going on in the galaxy and the dynamic between the First Order, New Republic, and Resistance was more compelling here and made me realize that the basic setup of the ST had potential. The villains were cool and the officers - Pyre, Tierny, and Vonreg - were all intelligent and good at their jobs, which was refreshing after the goofy portrayal of the First Order in the ST. The way this show fleshed out the First Order was welcome. They were more fanatical than the Empire, buying more into the Sith philosophy of might making right, even down to the grunts. Vader's habit of executing officers when he was under a high level of stress was the standard operating procedure for them. You get the sense that if the First Order had won, whoever was at the top - Snoke, Kylo, Palpatine - would have ruled openly as a Sith or dark sider instead of keeping it hidden.

I said that I didn't like Kaz, but there were several characters I did like and became attached to - characters like Yeager, Synara, and the Aces. The standout for me was Tam though. I didn't think much of her character in Season 1, but once she decides to join the First Order, I was more interested in her story than in anyone else's. I loved seeing the First Order from her perspective as a fighter pilot and overall I thought her whole character arc was handled really well.

It wasn't as epic as TCW or even Rebels, but that was part of its charm. The small town feeling of the first season and then the claustrophobia of a single ship on the run made for a good change of pace. It took a while to find its feet in the first season and I didn't care enough to watch the second season as it was coming out. But I'm glad I finished it and I could see myself rewatching this at some point in the future.

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    Do you guys think we'll get any more of Resistance? Like a comic book continuation of the series until the battle of Exegol, or novels on any of the main characters' pasts?

15. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    The chances are very slim at the moment. Lucasfilm is focusing on all of their new series. But maybe we might see some connection with the Rangers of the new Republic

16. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    So I have to ask, is this show worth it? I’ve tried watching the first handful of episodes on Disney+ and can’t really get into it. I’m fine with the animation but overall the show is a little too kiddie to me and the story just feels meh. Does it improve at all and if I’m not into it by now, am I just wasting my time?

17. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    It became a little more interesting in Season 2 but it ended with a whimper rather a bang which really killed the whole thing. "Meh" is exactly how I'd describe it. The series left no mark on the franchise so don't feel like you're missing out by skipping it.

Jedi Knight Fett and QsAssistant like this.
  18. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks, that really helps! So far it’s been one of those shows I watch when I’m really itching for some new SW content that I haven’t seen yet. The only problem is that it doesn’t do a very good job of scratching that itch. I tend to only watch an episode or two and then don’t come back to it for a few weeks... or months.

19. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    The back halves of both seasons are a lot better than the first half

14-21 for Season One (Episodes 7, 8, and 11 are also worth watching)
    11-19 for Season Two (Episodes 1, 3, and 8 are also worth watching)

QsAssistant likes this.
  20. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    Just rewatched the whole series and I just have one question:
    Where the **** was Synara during that last scene? She wasn't killed off, because the same amount of ships went up against that star destroyer returned to the Colossus after it was destroyed. They included Hugh and Norath who only appeared in a few episodes.

So, why wasn't Synara included?

21. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I'm going to give the show another chance. I previously watched the first couple of episodes, but I found them boring. I'm actually a fan of podracing, so the race wasn't the issue. My problem was the characters and the lack of stakes.

I hope things will pick up after the race. I just watched the third episode and it was a little better.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    The stakes do pick up, and the characters can be... an acquired taste.

Darth Baga likes this.
  23. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Both seasons start off slow and pick up as they go on - the back halves of both seasons are where the real meat of the series is

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still need to get around to watching this

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  25. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Just finished the first season. Like Riv_Shiel and Vinyishadow said, things definitely do pick up in the later episodes. The First Order occupation of the Collosus was pretty tense and exciting. Without spoiling anything, I also liked how it tied in with The Force Awakens.

Kaz and Neeku are still pretty irritating. And the show is very sloooow to establish itself, so I don't blame people for dropping it after the first few episodes. But Resistance is decent once things get rolling. Definitely not on par with Clone Wars, but it's not unwatchable.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021