main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official SW LEGO Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Dy-Lin-Wolfe, Jul 22, 2002.

1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think I'd prefer a minifig one with Jedi Luke, Lando disguised, Slave Leia, a Gamorrean, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Salacious Crumb.

2. Count__Dookula

Count__Dookula Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    Lego would have to include Jabba on his own Sail Barge. I'd imagine it'd have a Weequay and Nikto guard as well (and maybe no Han). They should re-release the skiff to help complete dioramas with the barge. Bleh!

3. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Jabba is a given though, which is why I didn't put him. My selection of figs was based only on what I'd like, since I have hardly any minifigs :)

Though a Nikto or Weequay would be cool. I could make Sora v Windu with my Mace :)

4. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I finally managed to buy, and reasonably cheaply I might add, off ebay the 7171 Mos Espa Podrace Set! Ive wanted this for years but each time I bid the price went through the roof :(

Im really pleased and cant wait to build it.

Woohoo!!! :)

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congrats, Sevv! You will have to post a pic or two once it's built.

6. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Thanks! I will definatly post some pictures when it arrives.

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Got an Emperor, 4 Stormies, 2 Guards, 2 Officers and a Vader, plus a nice shuttle to ferry them around in :)

I need some more Rebel ships to combat my Imperial armada. Though the one I do have is pretty huge.

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I wish I had an armada. :(

9. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Well, it's really not. Only 3 TIEs, an AT-AT and my shuttle. I do have 3 Darth Vaders though.

I think your two SDs could take them :p

10. Darth-Blix

Darth-Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    My friend is a Mayjor starwars lego collector. I'm trying to get him to Join this forum but he's not interested at the moment.

-Darth-Blix

11. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I have received my Mos Espa Podset and a fantastic set it is! Large, fun to build and really really looks like the movie :)

Unfortunatly I do not have my digi camera card reader with me at the moment, so pictures will have to wait until I can get it posted over to me. Subulbas pod is outstanding!

edit - Ive removed the beige bricks that are used to connect the pod to the engines. Im using transparent bricks to support each part, one tower of 2x1 and 5 high to support the pod, and 2 similar towers for each engine. It looks much better displayed like this and I recommend this to anyone who has the set.

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Oh really. ;)

13. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I have yet another addition on the way to my Imperial Squadron..something to take on the enormous Y-Wing.

Set no 7181 [face_dancing]

14. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    That's pretty awesome. :cool:

15. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Which set is #7181?

16. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
  17. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Ah! I have that one! It's pretty sweet! I just don't remember the kit numbers.

When I went to Target the other day, they had more than 45 of the ESB Millenium Falcon sets between the ones that were on the shelf and the three stacks of 14 sets up on the top! I am wondering if these might be going on sale or clearance soon.

18. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I keep looking in TRU for that Falcon to be on clearance (that's the only place that still has any). Though I'm sorely tempted, since I don't want to miss out if they never do...

I'm contemplating concentrating on just bigger sets, since there are so many cool ones out there, like the Falcon, old X-wing (that's a dream), the snowspeeder (which I think looks awesome)....but then I doubt I'll be able to resist the new starfighters coming out next year.

19. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    You should all definetely get the Falcon because it's a very solid ship that looks great in any collection.

20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    My difficulty with justifying buying the new Falcon (even on clearance) is that I have the ANH Falcon set from way back.

21. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    My brother has the new Falcon. It's fantastic.

22. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    This interceptor is fantastic...no stickers, which I like (though the ones on the Y-Wing weren't that bad anyway).

Love the use of shovels on it, and the cockpit is excellent.

High Swoosh factor also, since it's not that heavy.

Overall, 9.5/10 (.5 off for the blue. Though I don't know what they could have used instead.)

23. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    They could have used the medium gray that they used for the body. That way it would have been accurate (at least as accurate as you can get with LEGO blocks).

24. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Heres a picture of my new purchase :D Its a marvelous set, photos just dont do it justice.

http://www.foxwelldrive.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/swpod1.jpg

The way ive displayed it, in my opinion is much better than the ugly beige stands that it comes with. You can almost imagine them racing along at hundreds of mph :)

Sevv

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    That is highly unrealistic. In the bottom left, and right, hand corner you have two flags on one flagpole, and they are fluttering in different directions. Infact, all four flags are fluttering in different directions. Now what are we to believe, that on Tatooine wind can blow in FOUR different directions at once? I think not. I cannot believe you didn't spot this outrageous error and demand you correct it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Oh and uh... good set. :p