main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official SW LEGO Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Dy-Lin-Wolfe, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    And a planet with two suns is sooo realistic. ;)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks good, Sevv!

3. DUKE_COUNTU

DUKE_COUNTU Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005

They were on clearance here in Northern Illinois, for $50 at Target. I picked up two, one to build, another for a friend. I had to get up at 5:30 AM, tho. [face_coffee]

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I went to a Target this morning and picked this up for $50 as well. They had about 10 of them on sale until Sat. Some lady picked one up and then continued to put 3 more in.

5. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    My brother has just bought me the 4501 Mos Eisley Cantina for my birthday and it really is a fabulous set! The Dewback and sand trooper is one of the most impressive figures ive seen in a long time. Really detailed and a joy to put together.

The new and improved Lukes speeder is also great, it is a slight disappointment that there is no room for R2 and C3PO but compared to the earlier release of the speeder, its really really good. The design of the front with the bendy grey rods reminds me of building the engines on the 4505 Millenium falcon. Why I dont know it just does :)

I am really impressed by this set, really good fun to build, fantastic figures and the iceing on the cake is Greedo.

All I need now is 2 more dewbacks, a few more sand / stormtroopers, the driod esacpe set, another cantina to increase its size......

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    It's true. The Dewback is very cool.

7. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Rebelscum uploaded some pics from a Lego catalog today, and I have to say Jabba's Sail Barge looks excellent. I'm gonna have to save some money, because I want to get that along with the new A-wing, B-wing, V-wing and TIE Interceptor. The Star Destroyer looks a little weird. I'll consider it once I see the features in detail.

8. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I hadn't heard that they were making a new SD. It is definitely more affordable than the first one, but I'm not sure how interested I am in a play set. It's just under 2 feet long, so I'm not sure I want to devote that much space to one item, even as impressive looking as it is.

I will likely buy the TIE Interceptor as I already have the TIE Bomber, the first TIE fighter, and Darth Vader's TIE from the Y-wing set, so I have to have this one too.

I think I will also try for the new B-Wing as I didn't get the first one they made and I;ve always like the look of the B-Wing.

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Don't want the new ISD, I'll stick with my big one.

But the sailbarge, boy oh boy. It looks wonderful.

EDIT: Infact, having had a longer look at that ISD set, it looks a bit ridiculous. Minifigs???

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The new ISD is a little strange, but could look OK with the bridge covered up. And probably plenty of great parts for MOCs (an ISD bridge scene like in ESB ith the Bounty Hunters, for example). The USC ISD is looking more and more unaffordable, so I guess this scaled down version is a reasonable plan-B.

Sail Barge looks better than I'd imagined (sarlacc excepted), and what with the Interceptor, B-Wing, A-Wing, new Slave I (and I'm still to get the Sandcrawler), looks like I'll be putting more stuff on online auctions to fund my presently-on-hold SW LEGO obsession.

11. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd actually really dig a set featuring the Star Destroyer bridge (sunken sections and all).

12. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Yeah, that new Slave I is a huge improvement of the earlier one. It looks massive! I'm also not very impressed with the new ISD. I'd rather put some more money in my savings account, than buy a cheaper version, which is not so much to my liking.

I'm also gonna get the new A-Wing. I have the first version as well, which is pretty neat.

Wouldn't it be great to build your own SD bridge, Everton? I mean, all you need are lots and lots of grey bricks :)

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    And big window panels. :cool:

14. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Don't forget those "smooth" tiles for the floors.

15. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I have to agree, that sailbarge looks fabulous! Everything from the design, to the minifigs to the fact it looks like its a pretty large set. All those unique pieces and minifigs is going to up the price though.

I like the fact theyve included the sarlacc aswell.

Better start saving then :)

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    And it looks like a new Han Solo figure, too. :D

17. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Ive just ordered the Sandcrawler, yay! :)

18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Yay indeed. Also, where you're going to put it is anyone's guess.

19. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Found this today while looking up the v-wing. Fan made, not bad at all.

[image=http://www.fbtb.net/gareth/Vwing/]

20. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Wow, very good!

Oh, you should make a link of your er... link, instead of an image.

EDIT: Whoa! That guy can seriously make something out of bricks =D=!!!

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  22. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    You know how we are often asked what we will do if/when they stop making new SW stuff to collect, I think I just found what I will be spending my money and time on, building his custom designs! He is incredible!

23. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    I'm top in an auction on eBay for the #7191 X-Wing Fighter set.

And once I'm rolling in the dough if I get this job I want, I plan to save up to get the Star Destroyer and Death Star II.

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Good lord that guy's awesome.

I would buy that assault gunboat in a second. And a Bastila Minifig? Outstanding.

Have they stopped producing the big ISD? The prices seem to be going up. My wanted sets are on the way out :(

I'm thinking I may be broke soon.

25. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    So it seems the Republic Star Destroyer is up for grabs. Hope someone has enough money for that.:eek: