main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official TCW Clips Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    During the 1st season of The Clone Wars, it became clear that there is nothing more heavily spoiling than the preview clips of scenes from the upcoming episodes (usually released by IGN). Many people have voiced a desire to avoid such clips, which is why we've decided to create this separate thread for the discussion of preview clips.

? All posting of links and discussion of content from preview clips should be done exclusively here and can be done so openly. Please avoid discussing content exclusive to preview clips in either the General or Episode-specific threads. When in doubt, black-highlight it in those threads.

? This thread is only for the discussion of content revealed in preview clips of full scenes from upcoming episodes. Discussion of the trailers, episode guides, leaked images and other forms of spoiler material should continue to be held in the General or Episode-specific threads as usual.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
  3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    There you go :)
    These are two other great previews. I never knew toothpicks exist in the Star Wars galaxy.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, by the time the first couple episodes are out, seems like we'll already have seen the entire thing. :p

6. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Everybody needs one sometime. :p

The "I'm Listening" clip is great. I just love Bane's whole body language and casual attitude.

7. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Thanks for making this thread, I'll know to avoid it. :p Those 5 clips are the only ones I'm watching, it was just too hard to resist.

8. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I would try to avoid this thread too. If I wasn't a mod now. Darn it...

Of course, I would fail to avoid it, so no big loss there.

9. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, it's my favorite out of all of them...and yes, I know I'm spoiling myself like crazy, but I've seen Hostage Crisis like 200 times on YouTube and I still think it's awesome! So seeing these shouldn't diminish my experience when I see the full episodes.

10. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    The animation seems to have improved greatly, this is going to be interesting.

11. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    So much for not wanting to spoil too much by watching the clips.. but I don't think they reveal anything too important. I noticed characters seemed to move quicker and not lag as much as in season one. Which I'm still not the biggest fan of, but I feel I may have been a bit overly critical of season one at times. There's cool stuff to find in it, though season two does look like an improvement. I especially like the Council scene, Mace's "More now." [face_laugh]
    The time since the last season ended seems to have gone by fairly quickly.. I hope the full episodes don't fall short.

12. Liliedhe

Liliedhe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2009
    Am I the only one who got excited by Obi-Wan sitting on the Council already (see the Ahsoka clip)? So, we can suppose Depa is already out of commission and Shatterpoint has happened.

Hm... Maybe we even get to see Depa's fate addressed in the series?

/wishful thinking

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    As I might have said in the other thread, I'm wondering if we're already seeing part of the chronology-jumping Dave & Henry spoke about this offseason.

I'm assuming the scenes with Ahsoka looking older and Obi-Wan on the Council are pretty close to ROTS, chronologically.

Of course, the closer to ROTS Ahsoka remains alive, makes it less likely Anakin wouldn't mention her in ROTS. [face_laugh]

14. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    But wouldn't that also mean that 'Holocron Heist' and 'Cargo of Doom' happen around that time too since apparently Ahsoka's at the Temple Archive when that happens.(I basing this on the trailer with Ahsoka and her lightsaber activated and the Yoda voiceover saying "Padawan, alert you must be..". Unless something else happens there later.)

15. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Definitely loving this direction with Ahsoka- she's DEFINITELY got a LOT of her Master rubbing off on her. Though, hopefully she'll have a different fate...

In any case, I liked the bit about Anakin mentioning her 'advanced abilities'- seems like someone's been looking at the fans' reactions to Ahsoka Ms. Super-Padawan, and decided to basically acknowledge it in-universe.

Nice.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I give you the original superpadawan:
    [image=http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/star_wars__episode_i___the_phantom_menace/ewan_mcgregor/starwars3.jpg]

17. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    There is a new Clip on the CN Site. It has those Mandalorians in action!

18. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Well, Obi-Wan was 20-something and close to being a Knight then, so I wouldn't call him a 'superpadawan' compared to a 14-year-old newcomer like Ahsoka..
    Speaking of which, I didn't notice her looking older in the clips.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Well, Obi-Wan was in the council in the original micro series. He had a mullet, which was his hair style in AOTC. Since they bumped Anakin's knighthood up, I'm sure they did the same to Obi-Wan admitted into the council.

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    What? Who? Where? Link please!

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009

Here. (Very bad quality though)

And a link for that clip: "Hunt or be hunted"? I can't find it anywhere...

22. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001

[image=http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8439/millenniumfalcontheclon.gif]

From MF.com where the hell else: http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8520

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Oh man it is weird to see multiple jetpacks in action!

24. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    That is really very cool. But it's interesting to think about how spoiled or dissensitized we have become. If you showed that little clip to any Star Wars fan some 15 years ago, he would most likely suffer a stroke or something.

25. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Here is the Hunt or be Hunted video for those who didn't click the previous link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So6QQOmNpC8

The video is a camera shot of a TV playing the commerical but you can make out quite a bit, not the least of which, Grievous and a shot of Cassie Cryar