main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I wasn’t a fan of the bad batch either. I guess Disney are trying to bring in the Marvel fans with this one. They’ll have to do something interesting to grab me with this.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Really Disney have plenty of content. When it comes to Star wars anyway. They probably got a dozen shows planned. I don't think this will be Clone Wars though.

revan772 likes this.
  3. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Not sure how someone could not be excited about the POTENTIAL of the show at least. This can be like a fusion of the Star Wars Republic and Republic Commando follow ups we never got, and also Underworld.

I just want Delta Squad to finally have their moment in animation, plus George Lucas’s plans for Quinlan Vos in this era.

TheMDOSS1313 and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It will sell toys for sure. When you got each clone with their own ability. Gotta collect them all.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It will be post clone wars, after the war and how it deals with clones, it will be clone heavy centric show.

6. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I sort of hope this isn't set in the Clone Wars itself, I feel that era's fairly full and also nicely done and dusted after the TCW finale. But being set straight after ROTS, in the literal first days of the Empire, is something I can accept. EDIT: Oh, it apparently is, that's cool.

The Bad Batch themselves...were alright, fairly typical action hero squad characters, if they can be fleshed out beyond the rather broad archetypes they were (the big one, the cold sniper, etc), that's also cool. Some older fans might prefer Delta Squad back, but who knows, maybe there's room for them in here too...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  7. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I am thinking more like rebels but with Clones. It would be trick thinking to assume it will be the same show.

I mean it sounds like the bad batch story was only there to spin off if series 7 did well. So it seems like the possibility was always there. But the possibility of actual more clone wars Wasn't

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It be in the vein of what happening to the clones and how the republic changes into the empire and we see stormtroopers. maybe some politics episodes with Bail Organa.I think it be like rebels with group of people but like clone wars with world building and story arcs.

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Meh. I would have preferred the Utapau Crystal Crisis arc in S7 over Bad Batch.

I dont know. If they were the "good guys" part of the Empire, that could add some interesting moral complexity. The idea of these guys fighting against the Empire seems like the show is gonna be another "rebel cell fights incompetent Imperial war machine," which is such an overused trope now.

Hopefully, it is more complex than that and their mercenary status doesn't mean they just help small rebel groups.

10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Are the bad batch really a name that screams politics though? the name Bad Batch is basically a group of soldiers. Clone wars is a much larger scale thing.

I feel that the clone wars arc they were involved it is basically the sort of thing you would expect from the spin off. just without the jedi. and army of Clones fighting with them. and a droid army probably.

I wouldn't be shocked if a young Boba Fett appeared in this show though. Daniel Logan voicing him again.

cwustudent and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thinking of some cool cameos we might see... we could get early Saw, Alden’s Han, Krennic, Galen Erso, Thrawn, Enfys Nest, etc. Maybe even an appearance of Moff Gideon or heck even a young Kanan or Hera.

PimpBacca, BRE, TheMDOSS1313 and 3 others like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah it's mostly about a group of soldiers but maybe down the line they ally with someone like Bail or someone who works for Bail and like the Padme episodes we see Bail.

I love to see Maul again, Dryden Vos, hopefully we see more of the criminal elements then we did in clone wars. Saw Guerra and he went from a freedom fighter to a more extremist. Young Jyn,

13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    We get a lot of stuff between EPIII and EPIV but we don't have much dealing with events directly after EPIII besides the Vader comic series that finished last year and that obviously just focused on Vader.

Now we can see the transition of warrior bred clones to new recruits, potential PTSD from clones (Cody and Wolffe's stories are just begging to be told) and the galaxy's switch from Republic to Empire and from..a certain point of view, the clones from heroes to villains.

Also going to assume like TCW, we won't just focus on The Bad Batch in every episode, so it will allow us to jump around a bit if needed.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    side trip to Corellia for 10 year old scrumrat Han stealing hubcaps for a giant white snake!

15. SunnyNelson

SunnyNelson Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2013
    I love this concept. It's like The Bad Batch are The Dirty Half-Dozen (or however many there are).

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I actually think we will follow the Bad Batch around. I hope I’m wrong as I loved TCW’s anthology-style format.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think be both that we will follow them around as they take jobs but will also see the other side like TCW did it.

18. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The real question is;

How many episodes do you think the show will last before it pulls out the inevitable (and obligatory) Darth Vader cameo?

My credits are him making his entrance for the cliffhanger ending of episode 1.

Wrecker: Yeah and what if we don't wanna hunt Jedi for your stupid Empire?
    *Sound of Darth Vader's Breathing*

revan772, cwustudent and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think like Rebels we will be getting his cameo by th end of the season, also they are mercenary and not employed by the empire so they glady deny Vader and he just looks up other units or bounty hunters.

20. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Yeah, I'm definitely thinking this show will connect an awful lot of dots. Although, I think Han and Enfys Nest would be too young at this point.

The Bad Batch are next in the long SW tradition of 'Motley' Crews, and being genetic freak clones is gonna put them on the outs in alot of the galaxy. I definitely see them as being our 'in' to the SW underworld. I think Maul and Gideon will be big in this, Thrawn might play a minor role. Hondo is almost a definite.

I love that Quinlan Vos is being mentioned, I'd love to see that. And if they're gonna do discarded OG S7 Clone Wars storylines, we could see the Yuuzhan Vong episode....

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well when you call the show Bad Batch, named after the Bad Batch, you kinda expect the focus to be on the bad batch. with Clone wars, its more a period piece. anything during the Clone wars, the title of the show.

cwustudent and Luna2112 like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe we can see the pirates being crushed by the empire's boot.

23. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    When I first saw the news, I wasn’t particularly enthused.

But the more I think about it, the more I’m looking forward to this. I mean after TCW I’m just eager for any new content to be honest! Seeing the Bad Batch after order 66 will be very interesting though. Are they hunting Jedi ? Are they not following the order somehow ? What are Rex and Ashoka up to ? Will we see some young Kanan ? Krennic ? Tarkin ?

All questions that I’m curious to get answers to

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    this show will be like rebels with acrew only unlike it, will be getting world building and character arcs and not just one episode arc. I think this show connect with TCW, Rebels and other materials around this era.

25. Luna2112

Luna2112 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2016
    I gotta be honest, I'm disappointed. I mean, of all the things they could do they chose this? I love TCW, but after S7 I feel like it's time to let the era rest for a bit and explore other era's in Star Wars (Kotor/High Republic, ST, post-ST).