main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    KOTOR will probably get movies, High Republic is getting the LFL publishing initiative, and I don’t think many are pushing for more stories set around the Disney Trilogy.

TadoFett likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    post ROTJ will be getting the rebel's sequel and probaly a tie fighter series for the ST.

4. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I think this'll be a short-lived series. Because they are stereotypes, you know what to expect. But that gets old fast.

Of course it might not just be about the Bad Batch clones and it/characters could evolve.

Not feeling it for this one at the moment though. I hope I am proved wrong.

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I would prefer a series centered on Luke instead of another dark time series.

During his time searching the galaxy for Jedi artifacts.

Or set when he has his Academy with young Ben Solo.

I really do enjoy the dark times era, but we already have various upcoming projects set in that era.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  6. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Fortunately with Disney+ I think we’ll be getting a lot of ‘tv series’ content over the next 10/20 years, they may as well capitalize on the post TCW hype and iron out some storylines now then move on to explore other timelines in the future

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think after dark times era or during it we will be gettin gthe rebels sequel show that will go into Luke and other stylines after return of the jedi.

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Not what I would’ve chosen for a new show, but I’ll give it a look.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Go Go Power Rangers Bad Batch! I mean that lovingly because the Bad Batch do have a Toku vibe to them which makes me wonder if this is just going to be a kids series pushing merchandise. However, that doesn't automatically mean this will suck. Dave as executive producer makes me hopeful. And that logo really does seem like this is intended to properly succeed The Clone Wars if this is real.

For me personally, I think The Bad Batch arc is underrated. But I'm still not convinced the Bad Batch is interesting enough to carry a show that will run for a few seasons. To convince me this will have to be a bad idea executed fantastically. The Clone Wars had a great track record for this. Bad Batch are probably good as any clones to provide a point of view for the turbulent times ahead for the GAR's transition to its imperial counterpart. They will also probably provide a good point of view on what happens next since soldiers purpose-bred perhaps even more so than the Regs will have fewer tools for adapting to the change. These guys in my opinion are actually less independent IMO that Rex and Fives but this show may prove me wrong.

I like Echo but they are far from my favorite Clones in the show. I would like to see another anthology show but Bad Batch drawing its title from Echo, Hunter, Wrecker, Crosshair, and Tech's group implies this show will stick with these five familiar faces. I think there will be one or two more new recruits though. Hopefully, a cool heroine to throw her lot in with these guys on their adventures. I hope Echo himself is the protagonist and will be interested to see how Domino Squad's legacy fairs with him it's the only survivor after the end of The Clone Wars. Of course, he may not survive that far, like Rebels this cast is entirely OCs so far so anything can happen to them which is also a plus. There is an awful lot of overlap to have both Echo and Tech on the show for long. I think one of them will bite it.

I will have some GD faith and try watching it when it comes out.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    BRE, TadoFett and SpecialOpsUnit like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s precisely why I didn’t say “all” fans. But don’t let that stop you from erecting this happy little strawman.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

point is there must be some audience for this show in order to get it green lit or a really good pitch.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Bad Batch probably got huge Disney plus numbers but that is also probably because it was the first arc. But that probably factored into Disney's decision since they greenlight a series based upon the first original Disney plus Clone Wars arc. You don't see the sisters getting a spin off.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Obviously, its SW. So an open mind is the order of the day. It does leave me a bit numb, though. More interested in the Rebels successor series.

darthcaedus1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Gimme a methodical Imperial extermination of clones.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I can only see this being interesting if it explores the political and social decline ushered in by the Empire, and the budding Rebellion. If it’s mostly just about a bunch of dude clones coping with being clones in a post-clone world, or whatever, it won’t likely work for me. But I look at the bright side of that too. At least it’s animation, and not live action. So the latter format can explore more promising avenues. But as I said, I’ll keep an open mind. Maybe they’ll totally surprise me.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

it has a lot of the writers for Resistance working on it one of them being the head writer

I mean that's what there counting on...Your gonna buy it and consume it no matter what. They haven't hit the snapping point yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2020
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I will keep an open mind. I'm not an Internet fanboy who will scream bloody murder but consume it anyway. I've never done that. I kept an open mind for Resistance, but I ended up not liking that (for the most part, I think its pretty horrible). Still, an entire series based around the Bad Batch characters is, at least to me, an incredibly underwhelming proposition. I may end up loving it, though, who knows? If it just ends being an episodic series, like a "Mission of the Week" sort of thing, and little else, then I suspect I may end up not liking it.

DarthRamRod and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  18. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Hmm. To begin with, I have mixed feelings about the Filoni Televisual Universe in which every story in this huge galaxy must share characters with several others. But more than that, I really can't bring myself to be interested in the Bad Batch in any way. At most I found them vaguely irritating - and certainly not in any way compelling or interesting.

I'm also kinda sick of stories about clones who have are ultimately unambiguously good because anything bad they did was the result of literal mind control and therefore not their fault. I think that was a big big mistake of TCW - it was trying to show the Republic as increasingly corrupt yet at the same time took pains to show that the central clone characters were all unambiguously good despite being the enforcers of an increasingly authoritarian regime fighting a questionable war.

Maybe the Bad Batch will be a bit more complicated, but I suspect they'll be let off the hook by leaving the Empire/not participating in Order 66 and will remain morally unblemished.

I'm not the type who believes that characters have to be morally ambiguous to be interesting (otherwise I don't know why I'd be a Star Wars fan) but I do think it's very much warranted when dealing with soldiers who fought a war in service of a corrupt regime and eventually brought about the institution of an evil galactic empire. I think it was ultimately a strange and contrived decision for TCW to completely remove the clones' complicity in that.

Sorry for the ramble - TL;DR can't see myself being interested in a show about characters I find extremely uninteresting in a period robbed of its complexity.

19. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Exciting news. Didn't expect these characters to get their own show however but still excited :)

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    10 YEARS AGO a crack commando unit was sent to prison by an Imperial court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Mid Rim Underground. Today, still wanted by the evil EMPIRE, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the BAD BATCH.

BigAl6ft6, TadoFett and GregMcP like this.
  22. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Do we know if this is 3-D or 2-D animation?

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    You know how these things work. They've been developing this for years.
    As for the Sisters, if they do a Coruscant Underworldish series, by a fairly feminist director... just don't rule them out yet.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It be ironic if they did a Martez Sister series and it was all dude writers.

I say this because so far a lot of the production team including the Head Writer are female for Bad Batch.

GregMcP likes this.
  25. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Can't wait! More TCW-related content is always welcome by me. I'm hoping some of the unused storylines from TCW can be recycled here.

I've wanted to see the transition period between the Republic and Empire ever since I first saw RotS. Everything we've gotten in between III and IV just has the OT aesthetic, so I'm hoping this will show more of the transition. I'll admit that a series about the Bad Batch specifically isn't the first place I would go for this era - Ahsoka or Boba Fett makes more sense imo - but I'll keep an open mind. I'm not completely on board with the characters in the Bad Batch yet, but there should be plenty of opportunity to flesh them out.

I wonder how long this is going to be... Just a limited series while the Rebels sequel is in production or is this really the next flagship show for Lucasfilm Animation?

Intriguing stuff!

TadoFett likes this.