main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Timeline wouldn't fit. Saw shouldn't be retrieving her for another five or six years.

Saw needs to morph into Forest Whitaker first.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    QUIGONMIKE and TadoFett like this.
  2. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    yeh my mistake order 66 is 19bby and she escapes from Krennick 13bby.
    was out by six years

TadoFett likes this.
  3. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I saw that there's another mistake in the first episode regarding Kanan. Captain Grey calls Kanan a commander, but in Rebels Kanan says that he was never a commander.

4. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ''Later they said they had chips in their heads that made them do it'' - Kanan (The Lost Commanders)
    I think this line from Rebels will be key to the future of this show. For this line to make sense it would seem that either the chips get deactivated or enough clones get them removed for this to become public knowledge. I think Tech and the others will find a way together with maybe Rex to deactivate the chips for all clones. This will also further explain why the Empire moved on from them, it's not good to have an army who's loyalty can be removed like an on/off switch.

5. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    All Padawans carried the rank of Commander during the Clone Wars so this isn't an error in Aftermath. It may have been an error in Rebels but I don't recall that line or its context (i.e. was Kanan saying he never had that rank or that he was never was a commander at heart.)

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Kanan says he wasn't a General after Gregor mistakenly refers to him as one, presuming Kanan was a Jedi Knight rather than a Padawan.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Swashbucklingjedi and MrDarth0 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I remember this now. Gregor responds with sorry commander.

Swashbucklingjedi and TadoFett like this.
  8. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    On the topic of continuity "errors", the line in Aftermath referring to Depa having served with her clones for years was also said by Kanan in Rebels.

TadoFett and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean how long was she in coma, so they could serve her for years still in the comics.

10. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Enjoyed last episode, especially the insight on the new recruit troopers. Especially when ES-01 refused to kill the civilians. Interested to see what Kamino's plan is.

TadoFett likes this.
  11. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    do we know the name of planet with the cool buildings in it on episode 4 promo? looks cool

12. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I think it's Raxus.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why can’t it be Friday already :p

14. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    The Jedi on Kamino is unidentifiable but their species has been bugging me. There is a canon movie species with purple hands and light palms. Ody Mandrell the podracer's species, the Er'Kit. Color and finger count doesn't match perfectly but then not all members of the same species are identical like that. Cassie Cryar and Eighth Brother are both Terrellian Jango Jumpers but she has human hands and feet while he has four fingers and alien feet.
    [​IMG]

15. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    I hope that when we begin to see em masse stormtroopers recruitment one is told he's a little short :)

Sarge and godisawesome like this.
  16. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I know we’ve speculated about this before, but I really hope we get a story explaining the circumstances that would end with Numa as a Rebellion fighter wearing what looks to be a piece of Boil’s armor and wielding a DC17.

Right now, that feels like a circumstance that’s the best scenario for showing a heroic “reg” who might manage to justify a little kids hopeful memory of him in a tragic but heartwarming way... and a chance for a Hera cameo.

Grey Matter and Seerow like this.
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Hera's stance in "The Lost Commanders" is interesting. How she seems to still remember the Clones more as heroes compared to just killers, tools, whatever. It's not just Kanan either. In scenes when Mon Mothma is on screen with Rex in the later seasons of Rebels, the former doesn't seem to like him. Mothma seems to be short with Rex and dismiss everything he says.

Hera's point of view makes sense as in the Ryloth arc we have both the example of Waxer and Boil. We also have Ponds wanting to feed the refugees, asking his men to find any rations they have just moments before the firebombing happens. I'm telling anybody new who comes here. Do not skip season one because your robbing yourself of these moments. That shot of Ponds watching the village burning is just as gutwrenching as when Kenobi is standing watching Satine's Mandalore burning after her death.

More just to see it, than that any explanation of Numa wearing the armor pieces is needed. There would naturally be people who realize without knowing anything about brain chips that something happened to the clones and suddenly they weren't themselves. Just like Ahsoka did. What was established with "Innocents of Ryloth" and Boil being pretty much the last surviving reoccurring clone are the best ways to explore this. I can only imagine how beautifully tragic this could go.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't think Mothma's attitude towards Rex has anything to do with the fact that's he's a clone and more to do with that he has an affinity for Saw Gererra due to their history.
    Rex probably doesn't hold a high opinion of her either as the leader of the Alliance because she's faaaar more of a politician than a solider.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought Rex asked the question rhetorically, "How does Saw's group have better intel?" He knows the answer. Mothma dismissed Rex in condescending manner like he's some Neanderthal worse than just dissagreeing with him. But that may just be par for the course with how Mothma is portrayed in Rogue One. Its not much of a clash between idealism or soldier vs politician since there is nothing open for debate. I agree Rex would not have a high opinion of her but he's not going to disrespect a leader unless really pushed. Why be condescending? I figure because Rex is a clone and they are brutal soldiers if the story of Lux's father's death is anything to go by. Generally they like to not take prisons as were Hevy's final words. Mothma's not wrong. Rex is ruthless and would follow Anakin's example for how to get intel effectively. Maybe in some future project this can be explored.

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. maranatusIX

maranatusIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 9, 2021
    I love how they don't automatically jump into Stormtroopers and TIE Fighters.
    Using Clones still and V-Wing fighters.
    Still an Old Republic feel to it.
    Yet an aura in the air that bad change is coming.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    whostheBossk and DarthKreVass like this.
  21. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Wow - seems like there is a lot of expanded universe material that one might need to have knowledge of to really get all of this. You guys are on it - I feel a little lost as to some of the references and stuff. Im mostly a movie-only guy. Guess thats my fault! ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I really miss the BTS featurette after each episode like they did for TCW and Rebels. They did a bunch of interviews before the series premiere but it's been complete silence since then.

23. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Yeah, I'd love something like bad batch recon

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would like more behind-the-scenes stuff. The Youtubers even got some interviews when TCW season 7 happened. Bad Batch has had nothing. I wonder if we'll get a new trailer for the finale.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do hope the last 3 episodes are an arc

clone commander bossk likes this.