main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    Looks like from international trailers (Spanish, German, Polish) that Omega is girl

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am so looking forward to the 70 minute episode of the bad batch.

I wonder if Darth Vader could make an appearance cameo in the show too and it doesn’t have to be the first episode.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    TadoFett and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Children are smarter than adults, so I don’t really grasp the argument.

It’s also about consistency. The character just seems tonally very much at odds with the rest of the show.

Plus, it’s not even good humor. It’s just “rah rah I’m a crazy muscle head” nonsense from the 80s.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    One would suggest that that the “rah rah I’m a crazy muscle head” nonsense is still very much a thing, especially amongst those making their inarticulate voices heard on the protests of the last year or so.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, because protesting social injustices is the same as cartoon muscle heads yelling about crushing things.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I think Omega fits in very well with the dynamic of the Bad Batch. The first female clone, maybe force sensitive too? It's interesting to think about.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    **** yes! He was a badass.
    Oh yeah, what happened to the Sep Congress? How would the Seps fare against the Empire, if the Sep Council is RIP-ing and the battle droids are shutdown?
    If he appears, I hope he is VAed by Andrew Kishino, considering TBB is basically TCW 2.0. FTR, I don't have a problem with Whitaker; I just want consistency here.

8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yeah, I know children who think wrecker is stupid.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I pretty much think all of the bad batch characters are dumb

My main interests in this show are the animation, which does look incredible from the trailers, and the story around this Omega character, hopefully that will be interesting

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The characters are very one dimensional, basically your typical 80s action movie stereotypes, but hopefully the show will give them more character and motivation.

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wouldn't put it past them since they made the model for TCW S7, but I would prefer that Vader is more of an unknown factor at this point and maybe later in the series rumors spread of the Emperor's New Enforcer wreaking death and destruction wherever he shows up.

clone commander bossk and AV-6R7 like this.
  12. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    There could also be more than one new villain for the empire that can arrive too, but I wouldn’t rule out Darth Vader not showing up at all if Future bad batch seasons last for a very long time.

13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Never mind, I've decided to make my The Bad Batch server exclusively for people that I'm more familiar with.

lol Sorry, folks; kicked everyone out.

14. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    The fact that Omega, a character who's appeared for like, five, six seconds in a trailer is getting fans more interested than the Bad Batch themselves says something.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah she's the more intresting part of the show, while we got 5 clones still stuck in the 80's and that could become quite boring fast.

Mia Mesharad and Cyber Spark like this.
  16. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    he's just the most intrigueing and unknown thing there, lots to theorize about.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He might also be the key to future cloning storytelling that might forshadow future cloning like Palpatine jr.

18. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm also not that interested in the Bad Batch as characters to be honest, but I'm hoping that they will win me over once they get more character development. I didn't care about any of the Ghost crew at the start of Rebels, but I was surprised at how attached I had grown to them by the end.

Of course, if the worst happens and I never grow to like them, I still have Rex (and probably a bunch of other clones), Tarkin, Fennec, probably Boba etc. The overall time period and setting should also keep my interest.

TCF-1138 and TadoFett like this.
  19. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    Eh, I've seen plenty of interest in the Bad Batch themselves and I've seen people wondering about whether Crosshair joins the Empire or not on this site and on other sites. Furthermore, we know who the Bad Batch are while Omega is a complete unknown that invites a lot of speculation (especially due to seemingly being a female clone)

We've had four episodes that featured the Bad Batch, a reel and also, a trailer that showcases them as a group and, briefly, as individuals.

We have had nothing about Omega save a brief appearance in a trailer that told us little about her, sans what we can try to infer from her appearance and name.

As for the Bad Batch characters seeming like they're too rooted in character types, well, Ahsoka wasn't exactly breaking the kid character mold when she first appeared.

Personally, it doesn't bother me because I enjoyed them well enough in their titular arc. They had a fun dynamic, too.

Crosshair's "No, he wont." gets me every time.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  20. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    When did Palps start using inquisitors ? I’ve not played Fallen Order or read any of the books/ comics in this period so just wondering what the likelihood of a Grand Inquisitor appearance are ?

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Right after ROTS.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    "Life finds a way." - Ian Malcolm said and Bad Batch feels like TCW has found a way to live. I just can't get down on having the Bad Batch as characters based on one TCW arc which in my opinion ended up underrated because we'd seen it before and wanted something new in TCW's final season. Or would have rather had more Maul or another arc we'd already seen in the form of Utapau. There was a lot of undue bitterness toward Bad Batch in my opinion because we wanted 12 unseen episodes. Ahsoka's arc ended up similarly although it really did have a terrible ending. In story reel form, Bad Batch was just as good as the Utapau arc. It ended up better than its original form.

The funny thing about Captain Rex's character development is he often got his by bouncing off more interesting and dynamic characters like Cut and Fives who force him to reshuffle his beliefs and his loyalties each time. Most of the tweaks that were done to the completed Bad Batch were to make it almost finish Rex's arc rather than be about Clone Squad 99. By the time we get to The Bad Batch, those characters act more to summarize Rex's character development making it clear where his loyalties will be in SoM short of what the inhibitor chip would have made him do.

The Bad Batch as characters didn't have a chance to show much depth in their TCW Arc. They are just as undeveloped as the crew of the Ghost was even with four episodes of exposure. I would argue, Zeb, Sabine, Ezra, and even Kanan all start out with their personalities defined by their skills or what they are. The brute, the Mandalorian Rebel with a can of spray paint, the annoying teenager with attitude, and the former Jedi Padawan who survived order 66. With Bad Batch each of them pretty much has a pseudo-superpower that equates to one force user power, IMO.

They are going to go through something traumatic that is going to turn their world upside down with a kid in tow. They are going to reencounter Rex who will hopefully have been through all the traumatic horrors of SoM. There is no way The Bad Batch isn't going to develop and become empathetic characters. Hunter has already said lines in the trailer with more depth. And hey, Clones and kids have been a great combination in the past. Numa and Waxer! They are going to be great characters who will add to the legacy of fantastic characters animated Star Wars has added to the franchise just like Ahsoka, Rex, Satine, I'm sure someone out there will argue for Saw, Kanan, Hera, Ezra, and Sabine. They will be fine as part of the familiar faces of five for this show. I suspect we will lose one so another female character besides Omega can be added to the familiar faces of five. Hopefully, we get a nice large cast around them.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I always find that if Star Wars fans say they want something then it's probably not something worth having.

If it's something the fandom doesn't want then it must be interesting and good.

24. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    So we're seeing at least nine planets in this series based on the footage we've seen so far, six are from Clone Wars.
    Kamino
    Pantora
    Raxus
    Onderon
    Saleucami
    Anaxes
    Junk planet (Bracca?)
    Snow planet (looks like Krownest)
    Ruins planet (uses building assets from Resistance)

Surprised there's no Kashyyyk considering CF99 had a cancelled arc set there, you'd think that'd be a good place to start the series. It seems based on the trailers, that something happens to Crosshair on Kamino because he doesn't join the Bad Batch and Omega on their adventure, but you can see him on the snow planet fighting battle droids with them so maybe that's where the show starts instead of Kashyyyk?

25. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    Well she's the most intriguing part, Bad Batch we have meet before, but she's somethink unexpected and new and and field to many theories (femele clone jango, satine clone or others thinks), some even don't know what sex she is. Also as kid sidekick who must be taking care by rest squad, she could become the best or the worst part of show.