main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Ray Stevenson screams Dengar to me, as long as he doesn't attempt the Southern accent he did as Firefly. Other than that Gerard Butler if they could get him.

2. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Meatloaf was a dead ringer for Dengar. Look at photos of them side by side. They could have been brothers.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I've always thought the Dengar actor looks a bit like John C. Reilly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Ray Stevenson yes. Gerard Butler, please no. One of the worst actors out there, and I don’t want to ever see him in Star Wars.
    That would be great.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ray Stevenson would be an inspired choice. Hell, I’d watch an entire Dengar series if they got Stevenson.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Agreed.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Kind of late, but I thought Episode 4 was a big improvement over 3. The action was much better and I like the direction the story is going. At least Boba now seems to be recruiting some respectable muscle. With the flashbacks now over, hopefully the upcoming episodes will show us the threat that the Pykes are posing.

I'm not against Dengar getting cybernetics. Bounty hunting is a dangerous profession. But if this is Dengar, he could have kept the turban. This thing looks nothing like him.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Riv_Shiel, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, you know, he can always…put the turban on.

9. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I always thought the guy who plays Mike from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul looks like Dengar already...

Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    But Boba was always a fan favourite. now we get what we deserve..

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Jonathan Banks. He’s an absolute legend. If he shows up as Dengar in BOBF, I’ll lose me mind.

12. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    "No more half measures." - *executes Boba on the spot*

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I like all this Dengar casting. Is Wilfred Brimley still alive?

14. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Nah. He's kicking diabeetus' ass in the sky unfortunately.

Darth__Lobot, RetropME and Fin McCool like this.
  15. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Chapter 4 was a big improvement for me. Knew Boba getting his ship would be a "Solo" moment and the table scene would eventually be shown. All good detail and well acted. Tem and Ming have good chemistry.
    I hope they hire the OT bounty hunters too and Dengar would be fantastic! He can teach Boba how to remember how bad a$$ he was.

16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m giving the show a chance but being in cameo form gives Boba a special, mythic feeling.

Darth__Lobot and Wu Wei Jedi like this.
  17. Wu Wei Jedi

Nov 8, 2021
    I don't think any series except Kenobi is necessary until now. A Darth Plagueis series would be nice.

whostheBossk and Darth Smurf like this.
  18. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    How do you guys feel about a separated show focusing on a band of bounty hunters?

19. Wu Wei Jedi

Nov 8, 2021
    No. Focus should be on legendary Jedi and Sith of all eras always.All others work better as cool side characters woven into the story of Jedi and Sith. Thats how i envision Star Wars. No stories about Andors,Bobas,Mandos, Squadrons,Bounty hunters,Droids whatever.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  20. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    I get that, and I think that's a problem we are facing with Disney Star Wars: we're not getting enough live action jedi stuff. Maybe they are setting it up for future movies like RJ's trilogy?

Wu Wei Jedi likes this.
  21. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I think they should do a show about the Whills of the force, it should be similar to how marvel portrayed the Watcher, on the WHAT IF series, but without the different dimensions and timelines

22. IJjones41

IJjones41 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2021
    I get the feeling that many fans want the series to feature a Boba Fett who becomes a competent crime lord right off the bat. I find this rather odd, considering that he had spent most of his life as a bounty hunter and nothing else. He's not even an assassin. And he is learning the ropes of how to be a crime lord as this series progresses. Why do they expect their protagonists to always do or say the right thing, 24/7; unless they're "rogue" types like Han Solo? Why are so many people like that? In some ways, I think our society are like the Borg. We expect perfection (even if we demand others to make the effort, while we don't bother). And we expect everyone to conform to the same opinions and tastes, despite making lip service to the idea of individuality.

I will say this about "THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT”. It didn't halt the main narrative after three episodes in order to introduce new characters like "THE MANDALORIAN” for Season One. One episode was more or less a stand-alone that introduced Cara Dune for the season’s final two episodes. And two stand-alone episodes seemed to be all about introducing characters for Season Two - Boba, Fennec Shand and Mayfeld. I found that very annoying. “THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT”, on the other hand, seems to be using flashbacks to serve as a backstory of how Boba had arrived at his current situation. I find this heavy dependency on flashbacks also annoying.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Really? I thought the first season of the Mandalorian was much better than the second (even though I loved the latter). An instant classic (episodes 2, 3, 7 and 8, in particular, is some of the best Star Wars I’ve ever seen). And its use of flashbacks was highly effective and cinematic. Jury’s still out on Book of Boba Fett, but I’m enjoying it and expect it’ll wrap up really well.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  24. IJjones41

IJjones41 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2021
    I did have a problem with Season Two of "The Mandalorian" and its heavy use of the nostalgic factor by the heavy use of characters like Luke, Boba, Ahsoka, and other characters from past productions and novels.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It wasn’t so much that, for me, as it was that the writing for season 1 seemed to better fit the simple story being told, than the writing in season 2, which sometimes felt like it couldn’t handle the increasing complexity of the narrative. But there were also episodes in it that I absolutely adored, including the Jedi, the Believer (Famuyiwa’s a genius) and the Rescue. So in all, if future shows are as good as Mando, I’ll be pretty happy.