main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  2. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Well, I understand preference for voice, but Maul sounding very different between TPM and Clone Wars/Rebels makes perfect sense. He's been through a ton, has lost and regained his sanity, and is a crime lord rather than a Sith. For me, Witmer better captures the latter, while Maul's voice in TPM better serves his more sedate, apprentice status in that film.

3. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Witwer defined the character by first going whole hog after his trauma in his return episode, then after he got healed, having it bubbling underneath the surface so that this cracked and broken psyche occasionally showed itself. Maul’s sense of humor is very much a coping mechanism, and one thing I loved about TCW was how Maul clearly struggled to control his facial features all the time - twitching and spasming his facial features in a way that came off as very “real” for someone with his backstory.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Maul in TCW (and Rebels) is one of the most well-developed characters in Star Wars. It's crazy, considering the character in TPM, but it's true.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope they can recapture the magic with other characters like Maul.

TadoFett likes this.
  6. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Seconds thoughts from the haters.
    How familiar.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    When the show came out I came down with a VERY bad second case of COVID and at the same time my neighbors in the apartment complex I was in caused a bedbug outbreak and my entire experience of the show was just being on the brink of death for like a month straight, while also throwing away all my furniture, watching Boba Fett getting beaten and tortured on a weekly basis featuring low speed speeder bike chases until it got to the point that I was laying on a wooden floor watching CGI Luke Skywalker wondering if all of this was a fever dream, and now when I hear the opening theme I get Vietnam flashbacks. 10/10 show, all time classic

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  8. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I'm not fully clued up on the controversy surrounding Ray Park. But I think Maul is one of the more recastable characters. I'm not throwing shade at Park, but Maul is a heavily tattooed alien with cybernetics. It's not like we're recasting Han Solo again.

In TPM, Maul didn't even talk much. You could either get Peter Serafinowicz or Sam Witwer back to voice Maul.

I think this was one of the glaring flaws with the first season. Although the Mando episodes were good, it was really disruptive to see Din and Grogu. And they definitely shouldn't have reuinited in this show.

I'm hoping that a second season would just focus on Boba and underground crime stuff.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    Sarge and Cos Palpatine like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I won’t go into it, but there definitely is. Mail is easily recastable as it’s not like Ray actually voices him.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

Blobofat, TadoFett, EHT and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Mail dang it mail maul

12. TheSithApologetic

TheSithApologetic Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2022
    Sam would probably swipe a chance from Peter voicing him like he did with Rogue One. Peter even voiced the lines for Maul in Solo until they decided to just use Witwer.

Vialco and TadoFett like this.
  13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    "HEY!" - male chorus - me

14. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    For those who follow the leakers, was there a retraction from the one who said there would be a BOBF season 2 announcement at D23?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  15. Dangerous Profession

Dangerous Profession Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2021
    I loved BOBF.

Every episode had something cool about it. It wasn’t perfect but it was damn entertaining.

The sixth episode is some of best Star Wars you will see imho.

It’s up with the Mando/Obi Wan finales for me.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm definitely giving this a rewatch before Mandalorian Season 3 because, to me, this was Mandalorian s2.5. Boba is a Mandalorian, Din is a Mandalorian. It's a 4 episode Boba Fett arc, a 2 episode Mando arc, and the finale. Works for me.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  17. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I like the poetry of Boba's best episode being in Mando and Mando's best episode being in Boba

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I just finished a VERY drawn-out rewatch of this series. "In the Name of Honor" is much better than most of us (myself included) seemed to think when it was released. IMO.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Refresh my memory, which one was that?

20. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    The finale

21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    This show gets better with time while obi wan gets worse honestly

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    really i think both shows gets better with time and the binge format. I think Kenobi is the stronger show. great premire and finale, ok to good mid episodes. Book of Boba Fett has a good premiere and good finale. great to ok episodes.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  23. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    The book of Boba suffered from 3 things

1. Expectation
    2. Limitations
    3. Script points.

The expectations are obvious. Everyone has a view on Boba Fett going back 30 years.

The limitations are the fact that boba fetts story was strictly on Tatooine only, meaning they had to squeeze what they could out of Tatooine, even though he does have a ship and can go off world. But they took on the challenge of keeping it just there to make it different i guess.

The Script points are on the fact that they wanted to create a team to be Bobas gang, so when you introduce the street bikers or the wookie you have to make them look good. And so making them look good means Boba has to be restrained. And that bugged people i guess. But really its no different from the Mandalorian. The first season of that show Din was a total badass, unbeatable at times. And then season 2, when they bought in Bo-katan and Boba, Din had to struggle so they could come in and look awesome. And that's what happened with Boba. Sure he kicked the ass of that bar gang and beat that large monster in the first episode, but he had less episodes so time had to be used faster

Although i do think people are a bit harsh on the Tusken Raiders subplot with Boba. if that had been season 1 with Din in the same story, people would be saying how amazing it was. great story telling. THIS is star wars! The western trope!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    DurararaFTW, AusStig and Sarge like this.
  24. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Pretty much all star wars suffers from people's expectations.

Lomer2012 likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also both Kenobi and Book of Boba Fett suffers from Covid. Like many shows.

clone commander bossk likes this.