main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Why would it be pre ESB now that he is shown to be alive post ROTJ?

Yeah but usually there is a much official confirmation when these things actually get the greenlight. this was really under the radar.

Where did he say this? and who is he?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  2. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Wondering what would be the release window if this is legit? We don’t have any dates so far for Bad Batch, the rumoured Rebels sequel or Cassian. Next year is going to be a big one for D+.

3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It will probs be set after his appearance in Mando but I'm hoping for a Bounty Hunter arc adaptation :D

4. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It certainly would be interesting to see the direction they went with a Boba mini series.

5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Removed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2020
  6. Crod1992

Crod1992 Jedi Padawan

May 27, 2020
    hey Im kind of new here is this person “he who shall not be named” Credible? There’s so much bs out there but I hope this one is true

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2020
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The scooper he's referring to is not allowed here. See here.

8. Crod1992

Crod1992 Jedi Padawan

May 27, 2020
    Oops didn’t know that sorry

9. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Edit.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  10. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
  11. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well the Mandalorian (S3) is still on that list aswell as the Boba fett untitled thing.

Its strange how long we have been waiting for an Obi Wan show, but Boba fett is already jumping into production. very curious indeed. no supporting casting talk or anything.

If this is the series rumoured for Boba, which is i guess a mini series. then maybe he really will have a bigger part in series 3 of Mandalorian like rumour suggested some months ago.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  12. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    I guess it'll be using a lot of the sets, crew and some characters from the Mandalorian for the Boba Fett production. I imagine it's more like the webepisodes they did between seasons of Battlestar Galactica then anything else.

13. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I can understand putting Boba Fett ahead of Obi-Wan and Cassian Andor. The Mandalorian is the current state of Star Wars right now, while a Cassian Andor and Obi-Wan series can come out at any time because their story isn't pertinent.

And maybe a three or four, maybe five, episode mini-series catching us up on Boba Fett and then going on from there. Sounds like a plan.

14. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

Why not? There is a massive gap in Canon between ROTS and ESB where Boba gained his reputation as a fearsome bounty hunter. A much more interesting period than watching him scratch around Tatooine (we’re already getting that with Kenobi).

15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But that doesn't have to be what happens in the Boba show set after ROTJ.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So long as they don’t kill Boba off anytime soon

Crod1992 likes this.
  17. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Personally, I don't really see the need for a Boba spinoff, now that he is part of The Mandalorian's narrative. I don't want Boba to outshine Din, but I do love the idea of him being a reoccurring thorn in Din's side now that he's been established there.

But if this is less of a spinoff, and more of a prelude to season three of The Mandalorian that sets the path for what Boba's role in the parent show will be, that might be something I'd be able to get into.

Snafu55 likes this.
  18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Established it was a quick cameo apparence at the end of an episode and that was it. That's hardly being established

19. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I think he meant that his presence was revealed not that they spent considerable time with him.

20. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Yep. He appeared in The Mandalorian, at the end of an episode of The Mandalorian in which his armor played a central role and his presence loomed even before he stepped foot on screen. Sure, we've only seen a few seconds of him thus far, but that time was used in a way to really let us know that he is out there, and that he is coming. He isn't a "guest" appearance (if that were the case, we would have already seen him interact with Din and exit the show), but rather, he is a part of the show now. He's made that known to the audience, and it is only a matter of time before he makes it known to Din as well.

21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    No, he's a cameo. Doubt we'll see him again in The Mandalorian.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    We will see him again but maybe not until next season.

23. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I mean, I guess we'll see. But there was nothing about the visual language of that scene that said "cameo" to me.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    You just had to look at him to know there's no way he's going to be meeting up with Din in a hurry.

25. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I never said it would be a hurry, just that it wasn't a throwaway moment for the sake of a cameo. It is a piece of the show (that was also set up at the end of season one's Tatooine episode) that will eventually see payoff within the actual body of The Mandalorian. That's not to say Boba won't also appear in any other media (of course we will) but he's clearly being set up for something in this show.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020