main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    If its streaming December 29th. then there is no way we are getting a trailer till at least a month away.

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I think there's a good chance the trailer drops in October, and that the November 12th "Special Look" on Disney+ is more of a BTS reel (maybe with some teases of the other series coming next year).

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    How do you figure? Hawkeye is released on November 24th and the trailer was released September 13th. The first season of The Mandalorian was released November 12th and we got a trailer August 23rd. We got a trailer for WandaVision on September 20th while the season didn’t premiere until January 15th. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’s trailer was released on December 10th while the show premiered March 19th. Loki trailer was April 5th. The show was released June 9th.

I’m not saying a trailer is for sure coming soon (I’ve learned my lesson there) but it certainly can’t be ruled out. Especially with the poster release today.

TadoFett, Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Id assume if they release it now then it will be a very long wait till it is streamed. but as you say the Hawkeye trailer was released a few weeks ago. so who knows.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I’m honestly not expecting much from the trailer anyways. It’ll be like 1 minute and 20 seconds and not tease much more than what we already know. That post credits scene is our big trailer, lol.

TadoFett likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like the release date as Christmas / New Year's treat. Also I'm pretty sure Disney didn't want it to overlap too much with Hawkeye so they can roll from one show to the next. Which is good for me, I am going to have various mental breakdowns trying to watch both first when they land at 3 AM ahaha. Okay Boba Fett first then Hawkeye episode 5 I guess it would be.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That’s why you don’t release just one trailer. Teaser in October, Special on November 12th and a final trailer in December with commercials hitting soon after.

Bor Mullet, RetropME and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A trailer that at least gives a hint at where this darn thing is heading would be enough.

TadoFett and RetropME like this.
  9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I would settle for one of those sizzle reels, like we got for Rogue One, just some behind the scenes glimpses and a few actual footage shots

10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Good poster. It's going to be a slick production.

TadoFett and RetropME like this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    12 TV Spots apparently...

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If that Hollywood strike happens which we will know soon enough will this effect the show? I think it wholly depends on if they have finished post production yet or not. I am assuming since it’s still 3 months away it is still doing some post production.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont think it be mytch affected really, with it using the volume.

TadoFett likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, at least its been filmed. That's all I care about for now.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Let's hope so. really looking forward to the show. If the strike does happen anything that isn't done post production will be delayed for months

16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm pretty confident that there were IATSE members in and around the Volume, not to mention any other location or stage sets. Besides, we are told that shooting has finished and we are firmly in post now so not too much to be concerned about.

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I would've thought they'd locked in many episodes by now, we're virtually into October.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  18. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    When you word it that way... I think I might just go spoiler free into this one. I have very little idea where this show is heading and it would be fun to keep it that way.

VexedAtVohai, GregMcP and RetropME like this.
  19. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Gonna wager that if Cad Bane shows up in this, it'll be the episode directed by Filoni.

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    And if Books it is Faveru.

TadoFett likes this.
  21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    FAVREAU, it's his name. Same spelling in any language.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Relax. Honestly I never say his last name since my dumbass dyslexic brain will never get it right. It’s just spelling nothing to get worked up over.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TBF, I always have to google his name just to make sure I'm spelling it right whenever I mention him here.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  24. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    "Rouge One" still annoys me far more than it should.

25. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm a pedant so google every name, etc. before, during and after posting in case some other pedant pulls me up about it.